End of Journey N-400

Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:34 am
Pain in the Butt

Wildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant future
Default Re: End of Journey N-400

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Congratulations!

I have to admit, though, that seeing your timeline has got me a bit stressed. You filed your N-400 in October and already have an interview date. Mark filed his application 7 months before that, and he's still waiting. We haven't heard anything since last May when he got his biometrics appointment.

To make matters worse, our UK trip is fast approaching -- we leave on May 2 -- and I'm super-stressed when I think about the possibility that he'll either get his interview notice while we're gone, or that he'll get an interview notice saying his appointment will take place WHEN we're gone. Either way we'll have to hustle to get it rescheduled and that means it will take even longer to finish!

Sorry, don't mean to unload in your thread but when I compare your dates with ours, I can't help but feel frustrated. Especially since we are from the same area and going through the exact same offices. (Although don't get me wrong -- I'm very happy for you!!)

~ Jenney
We're in the same situation Jenney, I did the fingerprints back in July / August last year and are still waiting. Luckily, we're not planning on going to the UK this year, Melissa would be stressing like crazy if that were the case.

Graham
Old Mar 29th 2008, 9:43 am
Jerry-44

Jerry-44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Congratulations!

I have to admit, though, that seeing your timeline has got me a bit stressed. You filed your N-400 in October and already have an interview date. Mark filed his application 7 months before that, and he's still waiting. We haven't heard anything since last May when he got his biometrics appointment.

To make matters worse, our UK trip is fast approaching -- we leave on May 2 -- and I'm super-stressed when I think about the possibility that he'll either get his interview notice while we're gone, or that he'll get an interview notice saying his appointment will take place WHEN we're gone. Either way we'll have to hustle to get it rescheduled and that means it will take even longer to finish!

Sorry, don't mean to unload in your thread but when I compare your dates with ours, I can't help but feel frustrated. Especially since we are from the same area and going through the exact same offices. (Although don't get me wrong -- I'm very happy for you!!)

~ Jenney
I really feel your frustration.. can not explain how some gov. office work.
Kind of late reply but was travelling a lot recently.
I hope Mark will get soon his notice so you will enjoy trip to UK.
Best Wishes ..
Jerry
Old Mar 30th 2008, 4:44 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerry-44
I really feel your frustration.. can not explain how some gov. office work.
Kind of late reply but was travelling a lot recently.
I hope Mark will get soon his notice so you will enjoy trip to UK.
Best Wishes ..
Jerry
Thanks, Jerry. It's certainly very strange how they seem to work things. We'll just have to hope for the best that his interview notice arrives before May 2 (when we fly to England) and is scheduled for after May 17 (when we return to the US). Fingers crossed!

~ Jenney
Old May 22nd 2008, 10:37 pm
Jerry-44

Today had interview on my Application for Naturalization in Norfolk office , Virginia at 10:20 Am.
Arrived in Norfolk about 40 minutes prior interview, about 9:50 Am was let in and at 10:20 was called by really nice Immigration officer. Have to say, she was very nice person. After routine checking Id's and make sure I am still married, was asked 10 simple question :
1.How many stars are there on our flag?
2.What are colors of our flag?
3.What colors are the stripes on the flag?
4.Who becomes the President if President dies?
5.What do we call changes to the Constitution?
6.What are the three branches of our government?
7.How many Senators are there in Congress?
8.For how long do we elect each Senator?
9.What were the original 13 states?
10.What are some of the basic beliefs of the Declaration of Independence.

After that red and wrote short sentence .
All interview was about 20 minutes, was asked for Tax from 2007 and and copies of utilities, just make sure that all bills are current and both of our names on it.
That was it.. She asked me if I would like to be sworn in today at 2:30 PM, that was perfect .. had few hours break for lunch with my wife and return to Norfolk office at 2:00Pm, exact at 2:30Pm everyone were called who applied for naturalization to conference room. At the door again checked ID's and took Pernament Resident Card. Couple minutes later Immigration Officer and One more gentlemen took oath from us,watch short message from President . On the way out we received CERTIFICATE OF NATURALIZATION.. AND THAT IS MY END OF JOURNEY TO USA.
Was lucky to have done in one day, interview and Naturalization..
Jerry-44
Old May 22nd 2008, 10:42 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

nice - a happy ending !
Old May 22nd 2008, 11:19 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

On the way out we received CERTIFICATE OF NATURALIZATION.. AND THAT IS MY END OF JOURNEY TO USA.
Congratulations! Wonderful news!

Ian
Old May 22nd 2008, 11:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old May 22nd 2008, 11:51 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and welcome to the world of voting, jury duty, etc.
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:01 pm
Jerry-44

Thank you very much..
Voting, jury duties etc comes with naturalization.. as one package..I am done with all immigration proceeding and can focus on other aspects in our lives.

Once again, Thank you very much , and have the best long weekend.
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:07 pm
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

Congrats, Jerry!!
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:27 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much..
Voting, jury duties etc comes with naturalization.. as one package..I am done with all immigration proceeding and can focus on other aspects in our lives.

Once again, Thank you very much , and have the best long weekend.
Congratulations, Jerry!! One more from the class of 02.. way to go!

Got to love that same-day oath ceremony!
Old May 24th 2008, 10:08 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

What great news!! I'm really happy for you, Jerry. Also good to know that Norfolk does same-day interviews/oath ceremonies.

(And if you're wondering: Nope, we still haven't heard anything yet about Mark's N-400.)

And lucky you, you have a long weekend to celebrate!!

~ Jenney
Old May 27th 2008, 8:50 pm
Jerry-44

Jenny,

Thank you very much.. yes, It was a lucky day... I don't know if Norfolk doing every time the same day or that was "one day special".
I am sorry that Mark did not hear anything yet.. Perhaps he should make infopass and find out what is his status.. did you make a trip to UK?
I am already applied for passport we are planning go on vacation to Jamaica in the beginning of September.. I hope Mark will get soon notification..
Best Regards.

Last edited by Jerry-44; May 27th 2008 at 8:59 pm.
Old May 27th 2008, 10:39 pm
I'm back!

Jenny,

Thank you very much.. yes, It was a lucky day... I don't know if Norfolk doing every time the same day or that was "one day special".
I am sorry that Mark did not hear anything yet.. Perhaps he should make infopass and find out what is his status.. did you make a trip to UK?
I am already applied for passport we are planning go on vacation to Jamaica in the beginning of September.. I hope Mark will get soon notification..
Best Regards.
Yes, we did go to the UK and we had a fabulous time! It was a much-needed break, our first vacation since... well, pretty much ever! Seeing his family again was just the icing on the cake. We were extremely lucky with the weather, it was warm and sunny every single day except our last day there, we couldn't have asked for more.

I agree that an Infopass appointment is probably in order now, especially since it's been well over a year since he applied and almost a year since he had his fingerprints done (June 16th). What I'm worried about, though, is the fact that the USCIS website now says that Norfolk is working on N-400s with a priority date of January 5, 2007 -- 2+ months BEFORE his priority date. They were working on April 6, 2007 applications just a few weeks ago, but now they've gone backwards. So technically they can say he hasn't waited long enough, even though he clearly has. I'm not sure it's worth the trip and effort. I almost think contacting our representative would be a better move.

~ Jenney