Wikiposts

End of Journey N-400

Old Dec 27th 2007, 11:23 am
Jerry-44

Jerry-44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile End of Journey N-400

Hello Everyone...
It had been long time when wrote any message at this forum, just short reminder, came to USA on K3 visa, received my Green card three years ago and : now : it is time to became US Citizen.

October 25th/2007 Send N400 application with all supporting documents
to Vermont Service Center.

October 29th/2007 Vermont received my application

December 19/207 Received Receipt from Vermont service Centre
" Application received by our office and is in process."
You will be notified of date and place of your interview.......you should expect to be notified within 365 days of this notice..

December 27/207 Received Fingerprint Notification, schedule for January 5/2007 in Norfolk, Virginia.

So, far it is moving quite fast, have to drive about 2 hours , to Norfolk, Ia m living outside Richmond, that is not bad at all.
Become US citizen would be my end of my journey to US..
Jerry-44
Old Dec 27th 2007, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

latempleton is just really nicelatempleton is just really nicelatempleton is just really nicelatempleton is just really nicelatempleton is just really nicelatempleton is just really nicelatempleton is just really nicelatempleton is just really nice
Default Re: End of Journey N-400

Congratulations - you're nearly there! I also filed through Vermont and here's my recent timeline for your info:

I married an American in Dec 2002, got my green card in April 2003, sent in my N400 in May 2007 to Vermont and was fingerprinted within 2 weeks up in Pittsburgh. I then had to wait until the end of October before I heard my interview date was to be in Pittsburgh on Dec 19th.... which I just passed YEAH!! I am now just waiting for my oath ceremony and will probably have to wait until April as I want to do it hear in West Virginia rather than going back up to Pittsburgh.

I hear there is a bit more of a delay right now due to the number of us who filed before the fees went up, but hopefully you won't have too much longer to wait. The questions they ask at the interview are phrased exactly as they are written in the civics tests found online or in the book they give you at fingerprinting; so just learn those all by heart and you'll easily be at the end of the road at last! The interview took about 20 minutes and was a lot easier than I had anticipated.

Good luck, and keep us posted as to how you're doing.

Lucy
Old Dec 27th 2007, 1:08 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by latempleton
I am now just waiting for my oath ceremony and will probably have to wait until April as I want to do it hear in West Virginia rather than going back up to Pittsburgh.
Do they do oath ceremonies in Morgantown? I'm guessing it's more likely to be held in Charleston... in which case Pittsburgh is a lot closer to you!

Ian
Old Dec 27th 2007, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

latempleton is just really nicelatempleton is just really nicelatempleton is just really nicelatempleton is just really nicelatempleton is just really nicelatempleton is just really nicelatempleton is just really nicelatempleton is just really nice

You're right, Pittsburgh is nearer us which is why I chose that field office for my appications. The Oath ceremony in April is in Clarksburg however, which is only about 25 minutes from us. It varies, they move around so some are in Elkins, some in Charleston and some in Clarksburg... I'm just lucky the next one is nearest us! I have some friends who really want to be there to support me, but they can only come if it is local. My other concern was that an oath ceremony in Pittsburgh in January has the potential for bad weather hindering us getting there... knowing my luck I would get 3ft of snow overnight before hand

Where are you living? Good luck with your interview; hope you don't have too much longer to wait.

Lucy
Old Dec 28th 2007, 12:48 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by latempleton
Where are you living? Good luck with your interview; hope you don't have too much longer to wait.
Currently, we're living in Ashland, KY... although, if things go well, we might be moving in the next few months... somewhere between Huntington and Charleston (Teays Valley most likely) if Sheila's job works out of Charleston (since I work in Huntington), or we'll just move to the Morgantown area (and I'll have to find a new job) if Sheila gets based out of Morgantown. Time will tell... and, as always, life is an adventure. Good luck to you.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Dec 28th 2007 at 1:03 am.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Currently, we're living in Ashland, KY... although, if things go well, we might be moving in the next few months... somewhere between Huntington and Charleston (Teays Valley most likely) if Sheila's job works out of Charleston (since I work in Huntington), or we'll just move to the Morgantown area (and I'll have to find a new job) if Sheila gets based out of Morgantown. Time will tell... and, as always, life is an adventure. Good luck to you.

Ian
Hi Ian

If you end up moving to Morgantown, keep in touch! There's quite a few of us Brits up here, in fact a group of them are are putting on their first Pantomime starting tonight! Not sure how it will go down, as people have no idea what it is all about, but it should be fun.

Have a great new year

Lucy
Old Dec 29th 2007, 12:05 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Jerry -- congrats on your N-400 progress so far. It's good to see another Norfolk person going through it as we are. There don't seem to be too many of us Norfolk applicants out there -- or, at least not many who post to BE. (We live in the West End of Richmond, btw.)

Here's Mark's detailed N-400 timeline thus far:

March 6, 2007 - Became eligible to file
March 23, 2007 - Mailed N-400 packet to VSC
March 27, 2007 - Application received at 3.56pm ET
March 31, 2007 - Received return receipt notice of delivery
April 2, 2007 - $400 check clears bank
April 12, 2007 - Application entered into USCIS Case Status Online system
April 13, 2007 - Received I-797C Notice of Action, dated April 9th
April 16, 2007 - Received biometrics appointment for Wed 4/25 at 1pm
April 20, 2007 - Mailed rescheduling request for biometrics appointment
April 21, 2007 - Rescheduling request received at Norfolk
April 30, 2007 - Received new biometrics appointment for Wed 5/16 at 10am
May 16, 2007 - Biometrics appointment at Norfolk ASC

Since at least October, the USCIS website has said that Norfolk's estimated processing time for N-400 applications is 7 months. Mark's at 8.5 months now and still nothing. If we don't hear anything by mid-January, I'm going to get Mark to have our congressman look into it. He filed 4 months before the fee increases went into effect, so his should've been processed by now, in my opinion. *sigh*

Anyway, I'll be sure to post any updates so try to check back in from time to time and see how we're doing with Norfolk. The good news is that this is the end of the road, and once this last hurdle is jumped that's IT. So, something definitely to look forward to.

~ Jenney
Old Dec 29th 2007, 3:46 pm
Jerry-44

Hi Jenny,
Thank you very much, just hang on, have feeling that our ceremony would be very soon. Perhaps Norfolk need more people, that is why it take them so long. January 5th will got for bio in Norfolk, I don't know how long it will take to clear by FBI, hope not long..
We Live in South West of Richmond(Hull St & N. Bailey Bridge Rd.), My office is in Glenn Allen on Cox Road.
Keep in touch.
Best Regards,
Jerry

Last edited by Jerry-44; Dec 29th 2007 at 3:47 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Dec 30th 2007, 10:52 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerry-44
Hi Jenny,
Thank you very much, just hang on, have feeling that our ceremony would be very soon. Perhaps Norfolk need more people, that is why it take them so long. January 5th will got for bio in Norfolk, I don't know how long it will take to clear by FBI, hope not long..
We Live in South West of Richmond(Hull St & N. Bailey Bridge Rd.), My office is in Glenn Allen on Cox Road.
Keep in touch.
Best Regards,
Jerry
Cheers, Jerry. I'm usually pretty calm when it comes to Mark's immigration, but I think that knowing this is the last thing to check off the list, I'm having a harder time being patient about it! I just want it over with already!!!

We live about 3 miles from Short Pump Town Centre; Mark works at the Barnes & Noble at VA Centre Commons and I work at UR. I used to work at Capital One on Cox Road so I know that area pretty well! (Thankfully I don't work there anymore, but I did always like driving up/down Cox Road, it's very pretty!)

~ Jenney
Old Dec 30th 2007, 2:27 pm
Jerry-44

Hello Jenny,
I guess everyone of us wants to get over with all immigration , it takes so much energy and time, but like you said it is almost over. I work for Johnson Controls and my wife Beverly she is RN, and working as consultant for Well Point. Our office is on Coax Road, it is nice area. About three years ago we bought house in Swift Creek Subdivision. At the beginning of my journey I was more active at this website, now tied up with work and work around a house takes more my time..Quite often meet people over the net and never realize that we are living in the same town...
Wish you and your Husband Very prosperous and Happy New Year..
Jerry
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:56 am
Jerry-44

Getting closer... today received notification to appear for an interview on my Application fro Naturalization in Norfolk office on May 22,2008
Letter explain all in plain english what will happened and specify what documents must bring to the interview.Well getting closer and hopefully after
this interview just would be ceremony and I will be done with all immigration proceedings..

jerry-44
Old Mar 11th 2008, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

violator_dm will become famous soon enoughviolator_dm will become famous soon enough

Sounds like things are moving along. I am waiting for my interview too. It's next Wednesday in Baltimore. I am getting more and more nervous. Probably because the light has probably appeared at the end of the tunnel (knock on wood).

Here's my N-400 timeline:

July 2, 2007 Aplication for Naturalization sent to VCS
July 6, 2007 Per USPS: Application received by VCS
July 19, 2007 Check cashed
August 1, 2007 NOA received
August 2, 2007 Biometrics Appointment Notice received
August 16, 2007 Biometrics done (Test not offered)
February 2, 2006 Interview Letter Received
March 19, 2008 Interview date
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like things are moving along. I am waiting for my interview too. It's next Wednesday in Baltimore. I am getting more and more nervous. Probably because the light has probably appeared at the end of the tunnel (knock on wood).
I had my interview in Baltimore, about two years ago and it really was a piece of cake. Seriously, don't get nervous. The guy just goes through your form and asks if there is any additional data you need to add since you completed it like been divorced/had a kid/got arrested, and he makes any changes. Baltimore does do same day oaths, but not for everyone (usually if you're interviewed late in the day)

I got stuck in Name check hell. But that doesn't happen to too many people (I think they basically lost my fingerprints
Old Mar 12th 2008, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

violator_dm will become famous soon enoughviolator_dm will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pharrya
I had my interview in Baltimore, about two years ago and it really was a piece of cake. Seriously, don't get nervous. The guy just goes through your form and asks if there is any additional data you need to add since you completed it like been divorced/had a kid/got arrested, and he makes any changes. Baltimore does do same day oaths, but not for everyone (usually if you're interviewed late in the day)

I got stuck in Name check hell. But that doesn't happen to too many people (I think they basically lost my fingerprints
My interview is scheduled for 8am. A friend of mine had his interview on a Wednesday too, and also in the morning. He got his Oath Ceremony done on the same day.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 12:59 am
I'm back!

Originally Posted by Jerry-44
Getting closer... today received notification to appear for an interview on my Application fro Naturalization in Norfolk office on May 22,2008
Letter explain all in plain english what will happened and specify what documents must bring to the interview.Well getting closer and hopefully after
this interview just would be ceremony and I will be done with all immigration proceedings..

jerry-44
Congratulations!

I have to admit, though, that seeing your timeline has got me a bit stressed. You filed your N-400 in October and already have an interview date. Mark filed his application 7 months before that, and he's still waiting. We haven't heard anything since last May when he got his biometrics appointment.

To make matters worse, our UK trip is fast approaching -- we leave on May 2 -- and I'm super-stressed when I think about the possibility that he'll either get his interview notice while we're gone, or that he'll get an interview notice saying his appointment will take place WHEN we're gone. Either way we'll have to hustle to get it rescheduled and that means it will take even longer to finish!

Sorry, don't mean to unload in your thread but when I compare your dates with ours, I can't help but feel frustrated. Especially since we are from the same area and going through the exact same offices. (Although don't get me wrong -- I'm very happy for you!!)

~ Jenney

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.