Wikiposts

employment

Old Aug 7th 2006, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

lily74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default employment

Since we filed all papers, we moved across the country and are now unemployed, but looking for work (not the smartest move I know while in the middle of immigration).
When we filed the affidavit of support, my (the UKC) earnings were also included since my husband (USC) did not earn enough. We have now been asked for more evidence of earnings.
If we do not find jobs very soon, can we add another sponsor to help us?
Thanks
Old Aug 7th 2006, 9:18 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: employment

Originally Posted by lily74
Since we filed all papers, we moved across the country and are now unemployed, but looking for work (not the smartest move I know while in the middle of immigration).
When we filed the affidavit of support, my (the UKC) earnings were also included since my husband (USC) did not earn enough. We have now been asked for more evidence of earnings.
If we do not find jobs very soon, can we add another sponsor to help us?
Thanks
If you have lived together for 6 months or more, you can include both your income on the I-864. If you don't meet the minimum requirement for some reason then yes, you can use a joint sponsor.

You can use assets if you have them...such as savings or property, but must be equal to 5x the amount needed.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 7th 2006, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... we moved across the country and are now unemployed, but looking for work...
Excuse me, but why on earth would you deliberately place yourself in a situation where neither you nor your husband have a job? What will you do if you don't find jobs? What will you do if you can't find a joint sponsor?

Ian
Old Aug 7th 2006, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Excuse me, but why on earth would you deliberately place yourself in a situation where neither you nor your husband have a job? What will you do if you don't find jobs? What will you do if you can't find a joint sponsor?

Ian
You know, I have never seen a nice answer from you Ian. Do you sit on here all day and just see who you can be nasty to???

How do you know what my situation and reason for movign was?? Like my grandmother used to say, if you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing!!!
Thanks for your input.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 2:29 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

You know, I have never seen a nice answer from you Ian.
I write plenty of nice things... you've just not been reading this forum long enough.

How do you know what my situation and reason for movign was?
I don't know what your situation is... that's why I asked. Feel free to tell me it's none of my business... but to be fair, it's a legitimate question. Immigration is difficult enough without compounding the issue with financial difficulties... difficulties which seem deliberately imposed.

Ian
Old Aug 7th 2006, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

airborn83 has a spectacular aura aboutairborn83 has a spectacular aura aboutairborn83 has a spectacular aura about

had the same problem here. Wife lost her job, (michigan) couldn't find a job etc. Moved...
Asked my brother (USC Military employee) to sign for co-sponsor and it helped. I thank him for that.
That was my experience...

Got my work permit today (LUCKY) and interview is cancelled at that location. Will be notified by USCIS our interview at the local office here.

good luck
Old Aug 7th 2006, 4:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If you have lived together for 6 months or more
I believe they changed that on the latest form.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat099; Aug 7th 2006 at 4:38 pm.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 4:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I believe they changed that on the lastest form.
You're right, thanks for pointing that out. The OP needs to read page 2 of the I-864 to see how her spouse can include his income.

Rene
Old Aug 7th 2006, 9:59 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You're right, thanks for pointing that out. The OP needs to read page 2 of the I-864 to see how her spouse can include his income.

Rene

The issue is that neither of them have income to include on the form that is being asked for via an RFE.

They need a joint/co sponsor immediately who can cover the sponsor's family plus one (the immigrant) and they need to sent that in asap so that their AOS petition is not considered abandoned.
Old Aug 8th 2006, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by Rete
The issue is that neither of them have income to include on the form that is being asked for via an RFE.

They need a joint/co sponsor immediately who can cover the sponsor's family plus one (the immigrant) and they need to sent that in asap so that their AOS petition is not considered abandoned.
Oh man, I must have been out of it reading this thread. I got it all wrong. LOL I didn't realize they're responding to an RFE. Neither one is working. They have no choice but to use a joint sponsor (or enough assets).

Rene
Old Aug 8th 2006, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

Oh man, I must have been out of it reading this thread. I got it all wrong. LOL I didn't realize they're responding to an RFE. Neither one is working. They have no choice but to use a joint sponsor (or enough assets).

Rene
What do you mean by "can cover the sponsors family plus one"? Does that mean the joint sponsor would have to cover 3 people? or more?

If we were to get new jobs now, would that be acceptable as reliable income, or would they consider those jobs too new?

Last edited by lily74; Aug 8th 2006 at 3:51 am.
Old Aug 8th 2006, 3:50 am

What do you mean by "can cover the sponsors family plus one"? Does that mean the joint sponsor would have to cover 3 people? or more?
The joint sponsor needs to meet the poverty guidelines for a household of their own size (however many that is) plus the immigrant.

So if the joint sponsor is a man, and he's married with 1 child living in his household, he would have to show he meets for poverty guideline for 4 people.

Rene
Old Aug 8th 2006, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

The joint sponsor needs to meet the poverty guidelines for a household of their own size (however many that is) plus the immigrant.

So if the joint sponsor is a man, and he's married with 1 child living in his household, he would have to show he meets for poverty guideline for 4 people.

Rene
OK. thanks. You think that would be a better idea to get a joint sponsor now, rather than waiting a few more weeks to see if we get jobs. I am a teacher, so just waiting for the schools to go back after the summer. Would that be too late? We have until October to send back the evidence.
Old Aug 8th 2006, 4:01 am

OK. thanks. You think that would be a better idea to get a joint sponsor now, rather than waiting a few more weeks to see if we get jobs. I am a teacher, so just waiting for the schools to go back after the summer. Would that be too late? We have until October to send back the evidence.
Personally, I would do it sooner than later.

Rene
Old Aug 8th 2006, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

Personally, I would do it sooner than later.

Rene

Thanks Rene, you have a been a big help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.