Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

emigrating on k3 with conviction

emigrating on k3 with conviction

Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:41 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have a cimt want to emigrate to USA

Andy, if you continue to post in CAPS your posts will be deleted. Also use spell check. Thank you.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andymalia
SORRY DIDNT READ PROPERLY IM GOING THERE MARRYING HER THEN COMING BACK TO UK TO WORK WHILE IT ALL GOES THROUGH
Good, this is the correct way of doing things. Continue on this path, and seek advice from an immigration attorney regarding your CIMT.

Rene
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Did anyone else notice that the photo is backwards? This doesn't bode well for the OP either!

Ian
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Did anyone else notice that the photo is backwards? This doesn't bode well for the OP either!

Ian
An omen.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:23 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Go for it Andy.

they still haven't cottoned onto me yet.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

chrisncarla will become famous soon enoughchrisncarla will become famous soon enough

Hi

Apply to ACPO for a police records check, this will show if the crime is on the systems, A friend got into trouble at 19 for theft and GBH, he has received his ACPO certificate and it shows nothing on it. For the sake of £30 and 10 day wait it will answer your questions before you go down the Lawyer route.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 12:31 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisncarla
Hi

Apply to ACPO for a police records check, this will show if the crime is on the systems, A friend got into trouble at 19 for theft and GBH, he has received his ACPO certificate and it shows nothing on it. For the sake of £30 and 10 day wait it will answer your questions before you go down the Lawyer route.
You are still required to declare it .. I hope they did ...
Old Jan 16th 2009, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

Andymalia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default emigrating on k3 with conviction

Hi all does a conviction from when i was 18 for theft im now 36 bode badly for me i went to a magistrates court at the time and got 6mths suspended plus fine the maximum charges a magistrates can give out is six months for any single crime which is what i got but i didnt have to go to prison just im panicking over this as il be applying for my k3 visa in five weeks be helpful if anyone has had worse convictions and got visa to let me know thanks all.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 4:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: emigrating on k3 with conviction

Hi all does a conviction from when i was 18 for theft im now 36 bode badly for me i went to a magistrates court at the time and got 6mths suspended plus fine the maximum charges a magistrates can give out is six months for any single crime which is what i got but i didnt have to go to prison just im panicking over this as il be applying for my k3 visa in five weeks be helpful if anyone has had worse convictions and got visa to let me know thanks all.
Andy, I merged your new thread with your ongoing thread.

Please do not start new threads on the same topic. You have an existing thread here. Please continue to post in THIS thread.

Rene
Old Jan 16th 2009, 4:11 pm

Andy,

Calm down. You won't be applying for a K-3 visa in 5 weeks. If you manage to get to the USA in 6 weeks and marry your girlfriend (as you stated in your first post), you will still have a long way to go until you apply for your visa. The whole process for you to get your visa (by the way, Immigrant Visa is better than K-3, but that's another topic) takes about 8 to 10 months. So you DO have time to get your problem taken care of.

I do not know how your crime will impact your upcoming trip to the USA, however, and perhaps you DO need to find that out, before traveling to the USA again in 6 weeks. This is a different issue than your visa one, though.

Have a consultation with an immigration attorney, tell him all your facts, and get a legal opinion on whether you should even be going to the USA on a VWP again right now. That is your first step and your first concern.

Rene
Old Jan 16th 2009, 4:11 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

You're getting married in 6 weeks.
But you're applying for a K3 in 5 weeks?

Old Jan 16th 2009, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fatbrit
You're getting married in 6 weeks.
But you're applying for a K3 in 5 weeks?

i mean 6 weeks im getting married in the us then putting in my i-130
been told my visa waiver should be ok because the cimt was at a magistrates court where the maximum sentence is no more than 6mths even though it was around 18 years ago
Old Jan 16th 2009, 4:22 pm

i mean 6 weeks im getting married in the us then putting in my i-130
been told my visa waiver should be ok because the cimt was at a magistrates court where the maximum sentence is no more than 6mths even though it was around 18 years ago
OK, so your big concern is how the CIMT will actually affect your visa. Don't panic. You have around 8 months to do some research, meet with an attorney, etc., and find out if you will need a waiver for that, and how to go about getting one.

Rene
Old Jan 16th 2009, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
OK, so your big concern is how the CIMT will actually affect your visa. Don't panic. You have around 8 months to do some research, meet with an attorney, etc., and find out if you will need a waiver for that, and how to go about getting one.

Rene
I thought a waiver was only used for hardship grounds thanks for your help also.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 4:49 pm

I thought a waiver was only used for hardship grounds thanks for your help also.
If you are found inadmissable because of your past CIMT, I believe there is a waiver you can file for that. I'm not knowledgeable in that area, but do some research...slowly and thoroughly, though. I still think you need to speak with an immigration attorney.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.