Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Embassy's courier service

Embassy's courier service

Old Sep 21st 2014, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

DougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of light
Default Embassy's courier service

Hi guys,

I received my invitation letter which instructed me to register with the courier by visiting: http://dlb.bz/ivbook

however this link is returning error 404 with the following:

"The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable"

did anyone else get the same instructions?

Many Thanks for your help
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 1:32 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Embassy's courier service

This link should help you:

Courier Service | Embassy of the United States

Rene
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 6:35 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DougyFresh
Hi guys,

I received my invitation letter which instructed me to register with the courier by visiting: http://dlb.bz/ivbook

however this link is returning error 404 with the following:

"The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable"

did anyone else get the same instructions?

Many Thanks for your help
Yep, never worked for me either. Try typing in the link Rene gave you, might have to try it on a couple of different browsers, wouldn't work on IE at work.
Old Oct 14th 2014, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

lander91 is an unknown quantity at this point

That link on the letter still doesn't work on any browser I've tried. Thanks for the correct link, Rene.

Couple of questions:

First, we've just registered with the courier for Thursday's interview, but we haven't upgraded to home delivery yet. We've had bad experiences with couriers in the past (chucking stuff through the letterbox, or sending a letter in the post 2 days later saying they missed us when we were definitely home), so we are considering using the collection centre rather than home delivery. Does anyone have an opinion on which option is better/safer?

Second, depending on how long it takes to be delivered, hubby may have to hand in his work phone as his employment ends a week from Friday, and that is the phone number associated with all his visa paperwork, and the one we used to register with the courier. Is there a way of setting an alternate contact number, either online or at the interview?
Old Oct 14th 2014, 10:15 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lander91
Does anyone have an opinion on which option is better/safer?
Yes - the better/safer option is the one you're most comfortable with, and it sounds as though you already think the collection hub is the better choice.

Ian
Old Oct 14th 2014, 11:09 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lander91
First, we've just registered with the courier for Thursday's interview, but we haven't upgraded to home delivery yet. We've had bad experiences with couriers in the past (chucking stuff through the letterbox, or sending a letter in the post 2 days later saying they missed us when we were definitely home), so we are considering using the collection centre rather than home delivery. Does anyone have an opinion on which option is better/safer?
We collected from the hub - but be aware that you need ID to collect your ID from the hub. I had my photo driving licence, which enabled me to collect my passport, marriage cert so I could collect DH's and birth certs for the boys so I could collect theirs!
Old Oct 15th 2014, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Clrsth is a jewel in the roughClrsth is a jewel in the roughClrsth is a jewel in the roughClrsth is a jewel in the rough

I paid for home delivery and then wished I had collected them from hub.
We lived in Scotland and the courier company didn't deliver in our area so they just gave the package to royal mail to deliver. It therefore took longer and was more difficult to track as had the courier company tracking number and then had to wait to get a royal mail tracking number. We didn't know in advance of paying for courier that I would be paying $70 for them to be delivered by my local postie!

Clare