Reload this Page >

Embassy interview question

Embassy interview question

Old Mar 2nd 2009, 4:51 am
Just Joined

stevew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Embassy interview question

Hi all

My K1 interview at the embassy is fast approaching and I want to cover all bases so have a quick question I hope someone can help me out with, please.

It doesn't mention it on any forms, but was wondering if I have to provide a copy of my fiancee's birth certificate at the interview? She is my I-134 sponsor.

I've checked through all paperwork and documents but can't see anywhere it specifies this, although a few people have mentioned it in the forums.

Many thanks,
Steven
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 5:07 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Embassy interview question

Originally Posted by stevew
Hi all

My K1 interview at the embassy is fast approaching and I want to cover all bases so have a quick question I hope someone can help me out with, please.

It doesn't mention it on any forms, but was wondering if I have to provide a copy of my fiancee's birth certificate at the interview? She is my I-134 sponsor.

I've checked through all paperwork and documents but can't see anywhere it specifies this, although a few people have mentioned it in the forums.

Many thanks,
Steven
The I-134 requires proof of your fiancee's citizenship, yes. That can either be her Birth Certificate, US passport, or Naturalization Certificate (if she's a naturalized citizen).

Rene
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 5:11 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the quick response!

Is a copy of her birth certificate okay or does it need to be the original?

Thanks
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 5:13 am
Just Joined

...and likewise with her passport?

I already have a copy of her passport from other stages in the process.

Thanks
Steven
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 5:21 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

...and likewise with her passport?

I already have a copy of her passport from other stages in the process.

Thanks
Steven
A copy is fine. Better not to send originals of passports.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 5:24 am
Just Joined

Thanks for clearing that up in my mind!

Sorry, one more thing - should I take a copy of every page of her passport or just the page with her portrait and personal details?

Thanks again.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 5:38 am

Thanks for clearing that up in my mind!

Sorry, one more thing - should I take a copy of every page of her passport or just the page with her portrait and personal details?

Thanks again.
I believe just the page with her personal details is enough.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 7:57 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. My husband brought the photocopy of the page of my passport with my personal details and a photocopy of my birth certificate for his K1 interview last June.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 9:22 am
Just Joined

Okay, thanks.

I've got a copy of her full passport so I'll take that. I hope that should meet with their approval.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 4:58 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

My husbands interview was pretty much a non event. We were very nervous as well but it was fine. Good Luck!
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

Thanks!

Yeah, the nerves are definitely starting to kick in now.

Thanks
Steven
Old Mar 4th 2009, 2:14 am

FYI no mobile phones or electronic devices are allowed into the embassy.