Embassy interview

Old Mar 31st 2017, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

lenswipe is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Embassy interview

I'm going to add my voice to this and say that I have an interview scheduled for a week today but haven't recieved a letter calling me for interview yet.

I haven't even had an email telling me to book an appointment but I had my medical on the 10th of March and didn't hear anything back from them (they told me that "no news is good news" basically). I contacted my lawyer and asked what to do and she said to book my visa appointment. So I did.

I'm also really nervous about what I should bring with me, photos of us together? Letters and cards from her? Letters and cards from her mom?

I'm really confused and stressed. Halp.
Old Mar 31st 2017, 4:54 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London embassy confirms interview via email or letter?

Originally Posted by lenswipe
I'm going to add my voice to this and say that I have an interview scheduled for a week today but haven't recieved a letter calling me for interview yet.

I haven't even had an email telling me to book an appointment but I had my medical on the 10th of March and didn't hear anything back from them (they told me that "no news is good news" basically). I contacted my lawyer and asked what to do and she said to book my visa appointment. So I did.

I'm also really nervous about what I should bring with me, photos of us together? Letters and cards from her? Letters and cards from her mom?

I'm really confused and stressed. Halp.
I have asked that your post be set up as a stand alone thread. You have tacked onto a post that is nearly a year old and your post might not be looked at by many people. It is your first posting on BE, so welcome to our community.
Old Mar 31st 2017, 6:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

If you are going for a CR-1 or IR-1 visa, then yes, you definitely need to bring all the documentation that you and your spouse sent to the USCIS prior to your I-130 approval.

You need to bring the original, plus a copy. You will give them the copy and you will retain the original.

You don't mention where your I-130 was filed? Depending on where you might need the I-864 affidavit of support as well. This is needed for those who filed the I-130 directly with the US Embassy in London. It is not needed by someone who filed the I-130 inside of the US.
Old Apr 1st 2017, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

lenswipe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
If you are going for a CR-1 or IR-1 visa, then yes, you definitely need to bring all the documentation that you and your spouse sent to the USCIS prior to your I-130 approval.
Sorry for being dim here, but what documentation would that be?

I've got the documentation that was sent to me when the visa petition was approved, I've got all of her financial documents that apparently I need to bring with me and I've got a confirmation page from the DS-160 application

Originally Posted by Rete
You don't mention where your I-130 was filed? Depending on where you might need the I-864 affidavit of support as well. This is needed for those who filed the I-130 directly with the US Embassy in London. It is not needed by someone who filed the I-130 inside of the US.

Oh - hello there! Yeah the I-130 (that's presumably what my fiancee files?) - was filed in MA USA.
Old Apr 1st 2017, 11:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Embassy interview

It sounds like you are doing a K-1 visa, not the CR-1 or IR-1 as Rete suggested. There is no I-130 involved in your case.

I see you've started a separate thread with these same questions, so I'm going to close this one.

Rene