Embassy Interview

Old May 8th 2008, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

benzine87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Embassy Interview

Hi guys, ive just recieved my police certificate and im about to book in my medical , just a few questions...

The forms that i filled in that were detailed in the instructions i recieved (ds-230, 156, 156k, 157), should they be sent back with the form i recieved (declaring readiness for the interview) to the embassy or should i take them with me to the interview once i have the date set. On one form it says to send them back asap, and then on the other it says not to include any other documents

Also does it matter either way whether i return the readiness form if i havent had my medical yet, or should i have the medical first before filing?

Lastly i was wondering what kind of queestions they were going to ask in the embassy interview, or is it more to check i have all the correct forms etc?

Thanks
Old May 8th 2008, 12:27 am
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Embassy Interview

Originally Posted by benzine87
Hi guys, ive just recieved my police certificate and im about to book in my medical , just a few questions...

The forms that i filled in that were detailed in the instructions i recieved (ds-230, 156, 156k, 157), should they be sent back with the form i recieved (declaring readiness for the interview) to the embassy or should i take them with me to the interview once i have the date set. On one form it says to send them back asap, and then on the other it says not to include any other documents

Also does it matter either way whether i return the readiness form if i havent had my medical yet, or should i have the medical first before filing?

Lastly i was wondering what kind of queestions they were going to ask in the embassy interview, or is it more to check i have all the correct forms etc?

Thanks
As soon as you've completed forms DS-230 Part I, DS156 (unsigned), DS-156K(unsigned) and DS-157 they should be sent back, ideally with IV-15 if you have all the required documents gathered. It's these extra documents referrenced on the IV-15 that it's instructing you not to send now, but to take with you later. Once the embassy receives your batch of DS forms they can begin scheduling your interview.

It's at this stage of the process where the validity of your relationship can be assessed. Take proof of an ongoing relationship with you. The consular officer may ask you questions such as how you met, your fianc(é)e's date of birth, if they have ever been to your home country or met your family.

It doesn't matter if you've not had your medical when you send the DS forms back in, as long as you've had it before the interview then you're ok.

Have a quick read of the K1 wiki article that we have on our wiki, it will give you a bit more information on things. If it also applies to you, check out the article on K1 applications in London for more specific information on how to go through the process there.

Last edited by Knight; May 8th 2008 at 2:04 am.
Old May 8th 2008, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, thats a big weight off my mind, the validity questions should be fine, my fiancee has been living with em and my family for the past 3 1/2 months or so, and before that i stayed with her family for 3 months.

id better get back to filling in the same details on every form and then posting then
Old May 8th 2008, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

One other thing.. the photo needed with form 156, is that just a regular passport photo trimmed to size, or does it need to be a specific photo exactly 50x50mm. Most standard passport photos are about 35x50mm, so do they want some of the background to make up the space, or actually a square photo?
Old May 8th 2008, 1:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benzine87
One other thing.. the photo needed with form 156, is that just a regular passport photo trimmed to size, or does it need to be a specific photo exactly 50x50mm. Most standard passport photos are about 35x50mm, so do they want some of the background to make up the space, or actually a square photo?
They specifically want a US passport style photo. There are specifications for the size of the face etc. Snappy Snaps in London near the embassy knows how to do it, for example. Perhaps all Snappy Snaps.