Wikiposts

Embassy Appointment

Old Mar 14th 2007, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

Chrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant future
Default Embassy Appointment

Hi Everyone

I have my Fiance Visa Interview at the U.S Embassy in London tomorrow and just wanted to say a big "Thanks" to the people who's advice has got me this far - I really do appreciate it!

If all goes well tomorrow, I need to pay 13.50 to get the visa brought to me by courier - is this usually a pretty quick thing? - there is no reason that i see that should cause a problem, my medical was fine, my police record is squeaky clean and i have bank statements to show some pennies in my bank of america account etc etc (and i bought a new pair of shoes to wear too!!! lolol)

Thanks again

Chris
Old Mar 14th 2007, 1:19 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Embassy Appointment

If approved, you will receive your passport with the shiny new K-1 visa in it in 2 or 3 days.

Remember you have to enter the US and activate the K-1 with six months of its issuance.

Re: Social Security Number -- Remember to wait approximately 10 days after entering the US to apply for your social security card/number. Give your name and new status time to be entered into the database.

Rete

PS Walk around in those shoes a bit before the interview date. You don't want blisters to contend with when you make it into the office ;-))

Originally Posted by Chrisw1968
Hi Everyone

I have my Fiance Visa Interview at the U.S Embassy in London tomorrow and just wanted to say a big "Thanks" to the people who's advice has got me this far - I really do appreciate it!

If all goes well tomorrow, I need to pay 13.50 to get the visa brought to me by courier - is this usually a pretty quick thing? - there is no reason that i see that should cause a problem, my medical was fine, my police record is squeaky clean and i have bank statements to show some pennies in my bank of america account etc etc (and i bought a new pair of shoes to wear too!!! lolol)

Thanks again

Chris
Old Mar 14th 2007, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

Chrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant futureChrisw1968 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rete
If approved, you will receive your passport with the shiny new K-1 visa in it in 2 or 3 days.

Remember you have to enter the US and activate the K-1 with six months of its issuance.

Re: Social Security Number -- Remember to wait approximately 10 days after entering the US to apply for your social security card/number. Give your name and new status time to be entered into the database.

Rete

PS Walk around in those shoes a bit before the interview date. You don't want blisters to contend with when you make it into the office ;-))
Hi Rete
Once again, many thanks

If all goes well tomorrow, then I will be looking to move across during next week and married within the next 8 weeks or so

LOL ref new shoes - I really do appreciate the advice that you have given me to date - i find it great that people who i don't even know would help me
Old Mar 14th 2007, 12:45 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chrisw1968
Hi Everyone

Thanks again

Chris
Not sure if you'll see this before your interview, but GOOD LUCK!

This brings back memories, as Mark's K1 visa interview in London was almost four years ago (March 23, 2003) -- now we're on the verge of applying for his naturalization. The time really does fly by...

Anyway, be sure to let us know how things go!

~ Jenney