British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Email from USCIS? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/email-uscis-920031/)

BigBoss1984 Dec 8th 2018 5:20 pm

Email from USCIS?

Hey all

A little puzzled, I received an email from USCIS this morning saying ‘we have taken action on your case, please sign in to view your case status’ - I wasn’t expecting an update since we got our conditional green card approved back in June and received it in July - and the case checker doesn’t show any update to the case.

Should I worry about this?

Noorah101 Dec 8th 2018 5:29 pm

Re: Email from USCIS?

No.

Rene

BigBoss1984 Dec 8th 2018 5:33 pm

So you don’t think I should call on Monday and verify?

RICH Dec 8th 2018 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by BigBoss1984 (Post 12606009)

What happens when you sign in to view your case status?

BigBoss1984 Dec 8th 2018 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by RICH (Post 12606015)
What happens when you sign in to view your case status?

Nothing, the last status change was the 28th June when the card was mailed to me

RICH Dec 8th 2018 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by BigBoss1984 (Post 12606023)

Nothing, the last status change was the 28th June when the card was mailed to me

Put it down to glitch and ignore it! " Training error", "system update". That kind of thing. Anything important will be sent snail mail anyway.

Noorah101 Dec 8th 2018 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by BigBoss1984 (Post 12606009)

If it makes you feel better, you can, but you probably won't discover any more than you already can see online, which is nothing.

Rene

BigBoss1984 Dec 8th 2018 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 12606052)
If it makes you feel better, you can, but you probably won't discover any more than you already can see online, which is nothing.

Rene

Eh, as you guys said maybe I’ll just leave it. Anything important would be sent in the mail anyhow, as RICH said.

Rete Dec 8th 2018 10:08 pm

Actually, I'll be the dissenting party. You got an e-mail from an agency that can determine your residency in the US, I would call the 1-800 misinformation number to ascertain why you were sent an email. But, no, I wouldn't worry about it.

RICH Dec 8th 2018 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 12606087)
Actually, I'll be the dissenting party. You got an e-mail from an agency that can determine your residency in the US, I would call the 1-800 misinformation number to ascertain why you were sent an email. But, no, I wouldn't worry about it.

Sure, why not. I hope OP comes back to update us about it!

BigBoss1984 Dec 8th 2018 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by RICH (Post 12606098)
Sure, why not. I hope OP comes back to update us about it!

i’ll call on Monday and let you guys know! I did a bit of research and it appears to be a fairly common thing, so I’m not too worried :)

tom169 Dec 9th 2018 10:51 am

I've been getting updates saying case still being reviewed each month since getting my green card. Finally got around to logging into my USCIS account and deleting the case numbers .That may shut it up.

BigBoss1984 Dec 10th 2018 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 12606087)

so I was just about to call them and I got a push notification from the USCIS app saying my case status was updated, the status was for when I filed for an EAD renewal. The status read ‘Case closed benefit received by other means’ and that was from three days ago, so I guess that answers that question!

Rete Dec 10th 2018 2:36 pm

Isn't it nice that they answered you without your having to ask the question. LOL