Reload this Page >

Expedite Request for Unique Situation

Expedite Request for Unique Situation

Old Dec 9th 2018, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

Gazsaxon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expedite Request for Unique Situation

Hey Guys,

I don't know if any of you still remember me and my wife's case. We are the couple who sent the RFE after a successful Adjustment of Status interview without the cover sheet and then it subsequently was lost and we also moved in the time frame and the address change was unsuccessful and which lead to our case being denied due to abandonment and then to compound the error, Me the UK Citizen left the US as the letter told me to do so and immediately filed the I-130 Petition.

We are currently 6.5 months in and are waiting on the NOA2.

We are going to try to request expedite as we think we may hit a few of the requirements.
We are wondering if we can request expedite before NVC stage.

Also what is the best way to go about it.
We already have our local Congress Woman looking into our case, we are thinking of asking her for help with the request. Is that the best way?

Or calling up? Email or Infopass appointment?

Guys again

Thanks for your input, we are struggling to get through this but taking it one day at a time.

G & T
Old Dec 9th 2018, 3:32 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expedite Request for Unique Situation

So you are trying to expedite the I-130 approval? You know after that it's another stage going through a different department for the visa application.

I would continue working with your Congress person.

Rene
Old Dec 9th 2018, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
So you are trying to expedite the I-130 approval? You know after that it's another stage going through a different department for the visa application.

I would continue working with your Congress person.

Rene
So there's no point trying to expedite? Can we not expedite here and expedite NVC?
I think we have a pretty strong case to?

Thank you Rene
Gareth
Old Dec 9th 2018, 3:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You can certainly try. Does your congress person say you have a chance?

Rene
Old Dec 9th 2018, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

Rene,
Yes I believe so. We meet a few of the requirements plus already having Bio metrics done, interview done. All checks done. It doesnt hurt to try, and then pray.
Do you know the best way to go about it?
Call up first or work with our congresswoman?

Gareth
Old Dec 9th 2018, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Congressperson will give you the best shot for spending no money.
Old Dec 9th 2018, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Gazsaxon
... immediately filed the I-130 Petition.

We are currently 6.5 months in and are waiting on the NOA2.

We are going to try to request expedite as we think we may hit a few of the requirements.
We are wondering if we can request expedite before NVC stage.
Originally Posted by Gazsaxon
Rene,
Yes I believe so. We meet a few of the requirements plus already having Bio metrics done, interview done. All checks done.
Hi Gareth,

Your two posts above contradict one another. The first one says you filed an I-130 and are still waiting for NOA2 (the I-130 approval).

The second post says you've had biometrics and interview done.

If you are referring to the AOS biometrics and interview, you abandoned all that when you left. You are on a new route now with the I-130, leading to an Immigrant Visa. You still have to wait for the I-130 approval, then get a medical done and apply for the immigrant visa, and then attend an in-person interview at the US embassy in London.

Rene
Old Dec 9th 2018, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by tom169
Congressperson will give you the best shot for spending no money.
I agree with Tom. You already have a congressperson working on your case, just follow up with her regarding your request to expedite the case. Frankly I doubt calling USCIS will do any good at all.

Rene
Old Dec 9th 2018, 9:36 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Since you left the US and returned to the UK and your spouse is still here in the US, then everything before then has been abandoned and subsequently denied. With the new I-130 having been filed you are starting at step one. Unfortunately, as Rene has stated, all biometrics, interviewing, etc. no longer have a bearing on your present case.

Cause for expedition are normally hardship on the USC. It can be financial or medical and I'm hoping for your state it is not medical unless it is because your spouse is pregnant. In that case, congratulations.

From reading other people's timelines on the I-130 filed stateside, it takes about 10 months to get to the NVC state. You still have 3.5 months to go. Once at NVC, it is another 2 months until their approval of the newly submitted I-864 from your spouse and other requirements are met, before they forward it to the US Embassy. Once there it will take as little as a month or as long as 3 months. Depends on how on top of things you are once it gets couriered.

I, too, agree with Rene and Tom to keep close contact with your Congresswoman's immigration office staff and pray they are successful in getting it to the NVC quicker. Once there, be prepared with all the other documents so that it can go quickly. Your Congressperson can intervene again. Once in the UK at the Embassy, they are powerless.

Please keep us informed and if you need help with the next step, which is the NVC, please reach out to those here who have done it recently and can assist you asa possible. And do not send anything without getting a signature or confirmation of receipt.
Old Dec 10th 2018, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
Since you left the US and returned to the UK and your spouse is still here in the US, then everything before then has been abandoned and subsequently denied. With the new I-130 having been filed you are starting at step one. Unfortunately, as Rene has stated, all biometrics, interviewing, etc. no longer have a bearing on your present case.

Cause for expedition are normally hardship on the USC. It can be financial or medical and I'm hoping for your state it is not medical unless it is because your spouse is pregnant. In that case, congratulations.

From reading other people's timelines on the I-130 filed stateside, it takes about 10 months to get to the NVC state. You still have 3.5 months to go. Once at NVC, it is another 2 months until their approval of the newly submitted I-864 from your spouse and other requirements are met, before they forward it to the US Embassy. Once there it will take as little as a month or as long as 3 months. Depends on how on top of things you are once it gets couriered.

I, too, agree with Rene and Tom to keep close contact with your Congresswoman's immigration office staff and pray they are successful in getting it to the NVC quicker. Once there, be prepared with all the other documents so that it can go quickly. Your Congressperson can intervene again. Once in the UK at the Embassy, they are powerless.

Please keep us informed and if you need help with the next step, which is the NVC, please reach out to those here who have done it recently and can assist you asa possible. And do not send anything without getting a signature or confirmation of receipt.
I understand, I just thought that maybe with those already in the system it could only aid the expedite request, and yeah the expedite reasons are financial loss of the household. Wife now working to cover bills for two people. While some health concerns on her going through all of this. She has now suffered from depression and anxiety.

So you think the best way to request the expedite is to go through the congresswoman as we are doing?

Thanks for all your help guys
Gareth
Old Dec 10th 2018, 4:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, if they are willing to assist you, then her immigration office is the best way to approach an expedite. If they are doing an inquiry for you and you chose to do something in addition, all you will be doing is mudding the water so to speak.

Had you accumulated bills while in the US that she now has to cover? Are you working in the UK and can possibly send money to her. The rate of exchange is not high but it is still more US dollars to the Pound Sterling. That is at least a tangible problem that can be solved but her depression and anxiety is harder.

You two have been through the wringer and I hope that January of 2019 finds a favorable solution to our dilemma.
Old Dec 11th 2018, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry you've had to go through so much, it must be incredibly frustrating. Fingers crossed it's not too long now until you receive your NOA2, and maybe your congresswoman will be able to help expedite the NVC stage. This first wait (the I-130) is generally always the longest and hardest, and things should start to move more quickly once the NVC have your case, regardless of potential for expedite. Hopefully the holiday slow-down will be mostly over with by then, too. It'll be a better 2019 for you both, I have no doubt!