??email cairo??

Old May 7th 2004, 11:30 pm
Just Joined

JARREA1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ??email cairo??

HI all, we are new here and our case was just sent to Cairo, I am from USA Moh is from Cairo. We applied for K-1 visa.

I am wondering if we should wait for Moh to hear from them or should i email to get info just to be on the safe side, in light of what i am hearing about Cairo consular interactions.

At this point i just want to be sure they have gotten our papers.
I spoke with NVC on Wednesday and was told that our case was sent to Cairo on April 30. I have also received the letter from NVC.

please advise. thank you in advance.

Jarrea & Mohamed
Old May 8th 2004, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

sdmansour will become famous soon enoughsdmansour will become famous soon enough
Default Re: ??email cairo??

Originally posted by JARREA1
HI all, we are new here and our case was just sent to Cairo, I am from USA Moh is from Cairo. We applied for K-1 visa.

I am wondering if we should wait for Moh to hear from them or should i email to get info just to be on the safe side, in light of what i am hearing about Cairo consular interactions.

I spoke with NVC on Wednesday and was told that our case was sent to Cairo on April 30. I have also received the letter from NVC.

Jarrea & Mohamed
Hi Jarrea and welcome to the Cairo Club!

There is a small group of us here that have gone or are going through Cairo to get visas for our loved ones. Because of this, there is a wealth of knowledge available to you.

You are always welcome to send emails to Cairo and they will usually respond back to you within a couple of days. The catch is that they may not give you the information you are looking for in the email response - so just be prepared.

At this point, with your case just having gotten there, their response to an inquiry from you may be something like:

Thank you for your email. Your fiance's case is undergoing administrative processing. We will contact your fiance when the processing has been completed.

Regards,

Consular Staff

It will probably take them minimum of 30 days even before they look at your fiance's file sometimes 45 days. This is a long process so you need to know up front that you will have to have lots of patience. Usually the whole thing takes about 8-9 months.

Good luck to you and if you have any other questions you are free to pm me

Debbie
Old May 8th 2004, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JARREA1

Jarrea & Mohamed [/QUOTE

Thanks so much Debbie, I will be around for a while so also thank you for your welcoming us to your group.

Looks like we may be in for a long wait............I know it wont always be a patient wait.......but I will attempt to be as rational as possible under the circumstances............lol.
Old May 15th 2004, 11:48 am
Just Joined

sara_auc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by JARREA1

Jarrea & Mohamed
Hi Jarrea & Mohamed,

My fiance and I just finished the K-1 visa process through Cairo. He is actually arriving in Chicago on Monday! I don't know if you have read any of my posts, but you may want to check them out. We got our 129-F approval December 11, 2003. My fiance didn't get the application for K-1 from the US embassy until beginning of February! Supposedly it was a problem with not having his phone number with his address, but we never did find out for sure why it took so long. He had his visa interview April 13th and he just received his visa last week, May 10, 2004.
However, I don't think it would normally take that long. We made one slight mistake and the embassy made a few mistakes. Also since my fiance lives far from Cairo, we were waiting a lot of the time for things to be sent back and forth. If we hadn't had any of those issues, I think it would have taken about 3 months on the Cairo side instead of five.

Anyway, regarding your question, I think it is always a good idea to stay in touch with the embassy. I usually found things out a lot faster by e-mail. I probably sent 20 some e-mails to them during the whole process!
Old May 16th 2004, 11:09 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by sara_auc
Hi Jarrea & Mohamed,

My fiance and I just finished the K-1 visa process through Cairo. He is actually arriving in Chicago on Monday! I don't know if you have read any of my posts, but you may want to check them out. We got our 129-F approval December 11, 2003. My fiance didn't get the application for K-1 from the US embassy until beginning of February! Supposedly it was a problem with not having his phone number with his address, but we never did find out for sure why it took so long. He had his visa interview April 13th and he just received his visa last week, May 10, 2004.
However, I don't think it would normally take that long. We made one slight mistake and the embassy made a few mistakes. Also since my fiance lives far from Cairo, we were waiting a lot of the time for things to be sent back and forth. If we hadn't had any of those issues, I think it would have taken about 3 months on the Cairo side instead of five.

Anyway, regarding your question, I think it is always a good idea to stay in touch with the embassy. I usually found things out a lot faster by e-mail. I probably sent 20 some e-mails to them during the whole process!

thanks so much for your reply Sara. I wish for you and your finace' all the best in the new life you will begin when he arrives.
I will take your and others advice to go ahead and begin to email Cairo this week.
Please continue to pray for our speedy journey through this process. Again, thanks!
Moh & Jarr