Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

eastlancslad's K-1 comments - post 9-11 from Pakistan

eastlancslad's K-1 comments - post 9-11 from Pakistan

Old Oct 5th 2012, 5:22 am
Just Joined

eastlancslad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default eastlancslad's K-1 comments - post 9-11 from Pakistan

If you have not started the long process the best thing i did when i started was take advise from my lawyer in the uk to use a lawyer over in the usa as they know the short cut & possibly people to contact. Hope this helps

GOOD LUCK

P.S. It only took me 2 years & many $$$$$$$$$$$
Old Oct 5th 2012, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: K-1 Visa: Medical & Financial Topics

Originally Posted by eastlancslad
If you have not started the long process the best thing i did when i started was take advise from my lawyer in the uk to use a lawyer over in the usa as they know the short cut & possibly people to contact. Hope this helps

GOOD LUCK

P.S. It only took me 2 years & many $$$$$$$$$$$
Firstly, there's very little that can be done to expedite a K1 visa application, so a lawyer isn't going to help in that regard.

Secondly, 2 years is about 3 times as long as it should take to get a K1 visa.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 12:11 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eastlancslad
... the best thing i did when i started was take advise from my lawyer...
Apparently, that wasn't the best thing you did. The process is relatively inexpensive and should only take about 8 months. You got screwed.

Ian
Old Oct 5th 2012, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

eastlancslad is an unknown quantity at this point

I was doing my visa just after 9/11 when they changed the system.
I lived in Lancashire & had to travel to the Embassy in London 3 times at a cost of 98.00 pounds each trip.
i had all the forms ready but was told they were out of date when i got to london, that was when my lawyer said use a US one.
As i was going over to see my to be wife.
We went to her lawyer who filled the forms in & sent them to the Vermont Center.
They were quick with the process(5 weeks) it was LONDON that took all the time.
We are both happy & i do not to go back to "Little PAKISTAN" I would hate to see my old country in 10 years!!!!!!!!!! It will not be ENGLAND
Old Oct 5th 2012, 6:38 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Back in those days the Vermont Service Center was as famously quick at processing petitions as the other Service Centers were infamously slow. And if it was shortly after September 11, 2001, your mention of " "Little PAKISTAN" " may be a clue as to why the visa application part of the process took so long.

In any case, this discussion has no place in this thread, which deals with Medical and Financial (affidavit of support) issues.

Regards, JEff
Old Oct 5th 2012, 8:30 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
In any case, this discussion has no place in this thread, which deals with Medical and Financial (affidavit of support) issues.

Regards, JEff
Thread moved.

Rene
Old Oct 5th 2012, 10:15 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: eastlancslad's K-1 comments - post 9-11 from Pakistan

Hmm. I think Little Pakistan is a distasteful reference to certain parts of East Lancashire, UK.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 2:59 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: eastlancslad's K-1 comments - post 9-11 from Pakistan

Yes, I expect so, which is why I'm not surprised that a visa application submitted by some people from those parts might take a bit of extra time post 9/11.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by RICH
Hmm. I think Little Pakistan is a distasteful reference to certain parts of East Lancashire, UK.

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Oct 6th 2012 at 3:02 am.