Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

EAD without biometrics appointment

Wikiposts

EAD without biometrics appointment

Old May 24th 2004, 8:32 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD without biometrics appointment

Originally posted by JoshsCarole
LP, you might have read my thread after I went to my biometrics appointment in New Orleans about them keeping my NOA (and telling me if was normal procedure). I asked them how they would know it had been more than 90 days if I needed to come back for an interim EAD, and they told me that they THOUGHT (but they weren't sure) there was a way to look for that information on their computers.

So if you go on your 91st day without an NOA, it shouldn't be a problem since they don't give it back to you when you go for your biometrics. And I would think they should be able to take your biometrics real quick while you're there.

What??
They didn't keep my NOA1!!, They stamped the bottom of it with red letters and returned it to me. This is getting more confussing.. (if possible!)
They told me they do not keep it because I would need it in case I need to request an interim EAD.. Go figure..
Old May 24th 2004, 8:40 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

I have to say that I got my EAD without having biometrics done first, though I did get my NOA.

This was through Baltimore. I had to go there to get my EAD.

I haven't, at any point so far, had my fingerprints taken, though I have an appointment this Saturday to get them done for my AOS.
Old May 24th 2004, 8:54 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by JoshsCarole

So if you go on your 91st day without an NOA, it shouldn't be a problem since they don't give it back to you when you go for your biometrics.
Hi Carole,
They do in Chicago. Mr. P's biometrics for EAD and AOS were just done this past Saturday. They gave us both NOAs back. I remembered your ordeal, and if they hadn't offered them, I was going to request a photocopy, just to be safe. But the woman handed them back, stamped and everything, without us having to ask.

~SecretGarden
Old May 24th 2004, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Ah...that is what I needed to hear flyer...It may not be reality in my case; but, I was wondering whether it could be possible. I now know it is possible...time will tell as they say in Hollywood.

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
I have to say that I got my EAD without having biometrics done first, though I did get my NOA.

This was through Baltimore. I had to go there to get my EAD.

I haven't, at any point so far, had my fingerprints taken, though I have an appointment this Saturday to get them done for my AOS.
Old May 24th 2004, 9:35 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lpdiver
Ah...that is what I needed to hear flyer...It may not be reality in my case; but, I was wondering whether it could be possible. I now know it is possible...time will tell as they say in Hollywood.
Hurry up time!!!