Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

EAD without biometrics appointment

Wikiposts

EAD without biometrics appointment

Old May 24th 2004, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD without biometrics appointment

To confuse the issue even further the MSC# on the back of the check is very smudged and I am not sure of what it is.

Originally posted by JoshsCarole
Wouldn't that be nice! Be sure to let us know the outcome! =)
Old May 24th 2004, 8:15 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

LP, I suggest that you just wait and see whether you actually do get the card in the mail or not within the next few days...Calling the USCIS hotline would just confuse things further, and they would probably tell you wrong anyway...If they did find a way to approve you without your biometrics, so be it! Even though I do wonder how they did that! The picture that you sent in can be scanned, as you said, but what about the index fingerprint?!

Anyway, this IS the USCIS that we are dealing with, so everything is possible, Ladies and Gentlemen...
Calling the miss-information line could be interesting, You get a different answer everytime!,Why don't we all call and post whatever they say here?
(I am not playing any games.. I am trying to help: )
Old May 24th 2004, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

optimist is an unknown quantity at this point

carole.... i'd say that i've been a housewife lately..because of the USCIS... but i'll go back to my manly habbits soon..i hope...

btw..i've seen the cannes closing ceremony on the Indiependent Film channel on cable... very chic...

gabriel..a "he" most of the time
Old May 24th 2004, 8:16 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Umh...Gabriel is a GUY, Hyper...
Really??
Sorry!!!
Old May 24th 2004, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

I figure I'll just wait until the 91'st day and then go to the local office (June 10'th) if I haven't received it by then.

LP, I suggest that you just wait and see whether you actually do get the card in the mail or not within the next few days...Calling the USCIS hotline would just confuse things further, and they would probably tell you wrong anyway...If they did find a way to approve you without your biometrics, so be it! Even though I do wonder how they did that! The picture that you sent in can be scanned, as you said, but what about the index fingerprint?!

Anyway, this IS the USCIS that we are dealing with, so everything is possible, Ladies and Gentlemen...
Old May 24th 2004, 8:18 am

Originally posted by optimist
carole.... i'd say that i've been a housewife lately..because of the USCIS... but i'll go back to my manly habbits soon..i hope...

btw..i've seen the cannes closing ceremony on the Indiependent Film channel on cable... very chic...

Oh my!! LOL
Sorry for the confusion!!
As for the closing ceremony.. I didn't get to watch it, arg!!!

Hyper ( a She when not watching sports)
Old May 24th 2004, 8:18 am

Originally posted by lpdiver
I figure I'll just wait until the 91'st day and then go to the local office (June 10'th) if I haven't received it by then.
I can't wait that long!! I wanna know now!!
Old May 24th 2004, 8:20 am
At last in Josh's arms =)

JoshsCarole is an unknown quantity at this point

To confuse the issue even further the MSC# on the back of the check is very smudged and I am not sure of what it is.
You know, when I cashed in the check for my EAD, I too went online to see the back of the check and get my receipt number. Even though mine was pretty smudged too, I thought I had it right. I entered the number, and it said something like "Your application for change of status was received" or whatever. I was pretty panicked, thinking that they had messed up...But when I got my NOA, the receipt number was NOT the one I had read off the back of my check...Even if I was pretty sure I had read it right...When I actually had the right number off the NOA, I could not even recognize the number on the back of the check as LIKELY to be the right number...

All that to say, I'm hoping you have the right number, and that the number on the back of your check does not look like a number that actually brings up an EAD application case...
Old May 24th 2004, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Me too!!! I wonder how long after they post notification does it typically take to receive the card or the notification?

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
I can't wait that long!! I wanna know now!!
Old May 24th 2004, 8:23 am

Originally posted by optimist

LOL

I did not see it, I only get like basic cable...
Old May 24th 2004, 8:24 am

Me too!!! I wonder how long after they post notification does it typically take to receive the card or the notification?
Somebody posted that question a few days ago, and I think the answer was about a week. You might want to look for the thread if you want confirmation (since I'm not totally sure...)
Old May 24th 2004, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Well the number I deduced is for an EAD and the timing is about right...two days after the check was cashed. Time will tell.

You know, when I cashed in the check for my EAD, I too went online to see the back of the check and get my receipt number. Even though mine was pretty smudged too, I thought I had it right. I entered the number, and it said something like "Your application for change of status was received" or whatever. I was pretty panicked, thinking that they had messed up...But when I got my NOA, the receipt number was NOT the one I had read off the back of my check...Even if I was pretty sure I had read it right...When I actually had the right number off the NOA, I could not even recognize the number on the back of the check as LIKELY to be the right number...

All that to say, I'm hoping you have the right number, and that the number on the back of your check does not look like a number that actually brings up an EAD application case...
Old May 24th 2004, 8:26 am

Someone please enlight us!!!
Hyper.. wants to know the answer NOW!!!!
Old May 24th 2004, 8:28 am

LP, you might have read my thread after I went to my biometrics appointment in New Orleans about them keeping my NOA (and telling me if was normal procedure). I asked them how they would know it had been more than 90 days if I needed to come back for an interim EAD, and they told me that they THOUGHT (but they weren't sure) there was a way to look for that information on their computers.

So if you go on your 91st day without an NOA, it shouldn't be a problem since they don't give it back to you when you go for your biometrics. And I would think they should be able to take your biometrics real quick while you're there.
Old May 24th 2004, 8:31 am

Well the number I deduced is for an EAD and the timing is about right...two days after the check was cashed. Time will tell.
The receipt date I had gotten from the back of the check and the one I got from the NOA were actually the same...As you said, time will tell! Can't do much else but wait anyway, unfortunately...

Gotta fly, guys...Bad, bad paper due at the end of this week...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.