EAD Taking Forever

Old May 31st 2018, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

lenswipe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EAD Taking Forever

Originally Posted by tom169
USPS informed delivery will show it in flight
Yeah, i can't sign up for that. It said i needed to verify my identity and provided me with a list of streets and asked if I'd ever lived on any of them. I said "no" and it told me to basically eff off and get my identity verified at my local post office. I reckon by the time I've done that it'll likely be here...

I'm living with in-laws right now so that might be why it did that. Maybe they have intonedi delivery setup or something.
Old May 31st 2018, 2:35 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lenswipe
Just called USCIS and even though it doesn't say so on their website, the agent I spoke to tells me that they mailed my EAD card out today. Going to call back tomorrow to see if they can give me the tracking info. Apparently they don't have tracking info as yet.

Hang in there TheKingOfHearts, you got this
They send it in a plain white envelope via normal mail. There will not be a tracking number.
Old May 31st 2018, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
They send it in a plain white envelope via normal mail. There will not be a tracking number.
Ah ok. If it's normal mail why do they say 10-15 days? I'd it personally delivered by the president or something? Normal mail turnaround for domestic mail is about 5 working days, no?
Old May 31st 2018, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

I believe mine came in a priority mail envelope with tracking.
Old May 31st 2018, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Looking at the informed delivery thing again - I can't verify online because they asked me if I'd lived on a bunch of different streets and I hadn't (so I said no). Then, they said that ID verification had failed and I had to go in person to a post office with the barcode they generated

AND ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
  • State Driver's License (I have a British one, I'm assuming that won't suffice)
  • State Non-Driver's ID Card (Don't have one)
  • Uniformed Services ID Card (Not military, therefore don't have one)
  • US Passport (Don't have one)
AND
  • Mortgage, Lease or Deed of Trust (Don't have this because I have no job to pay rent etc.)
  • Voter or Vehicle Registration Card (No vehicle for the above reason)
  • Home or Vehicle (see above) Insurance Policy

How did you guys manage? Or did it just work the first time for you guys?
Old May 31st 2018, 4:36 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, i can't sign up for that. It said i needed to verify my identity and provided me with a list of streets and asked if I'd ever lived on any of them. I said "no" and it told me to basically eff off and get my identity verified at my local post office. I reckon by the time I've done that it'll likely be here...

I'm living with in-laws right now so that might be why it did that. Maybe they have intonedi delivery setup or something.
Both my husband and I declined signing up for the USPS option of knowing what is coming in the mail before it is delivered. Can see absolutely no reason why I can't wait for the mail delivery and have to know ahead of time what is going to be delivered. I know when the bills are being sent (the few paper ones still in that form) and when to expect flyers and circulars and various occasion cards from friends and relatives. Anyway some of the USCIS mail has an address only and does not tell you a name of who is sending you the envelope.
Old May 31st 2018, 4:37 pm
Concierge

If it did then it is the first I've heard of it. Don't recall you mentioning it in any of your posts from that time in your life. Also it would a rather new flavor of the month from USCIS.
Old May 31st 2018, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Can see absolutely no reason why I can't wait for the mail delivery and have to know ahead of time what is going to be delivered.
​​​​​​

Well, in my case it's because I don't have (as my wife would say) "patient pants"
Old May 31st 2018, 8:23 pm
i hate cabbage

Jack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond repute

As did mine - although mine was expedited, not sure if that made any difference.
Old May 31st 2018, 8:33 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jack8602
As did mine - although mine was expedited, not sure if that made any difference.
So was Tom's I believe. Then, again, it could be a new means of doing things. Nothing stays the same forever. As long as lenswipe gets it, doesn't matter if it were pony express.
Old May 31st 2018, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

So was Tom's I believe. Then, again, it could be a new means of doing things. Nothing stays the same forever. As long as lenswipe gets it, doesn't matter if it were pony express.
Tried again today to see if they had my tracking number. Apparently they require a signature now
Old May 31st 2018, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

My EAD didn’t arrive via priority mailing, it came regular service. Hence it showed up on my informed delivery.

My greencard was priority mail though.
Old Jun 4th 2018, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

My EAD arrived on Saturday guys!

Next step is my SSN. I checked the box to ask them to issue one, but according to my lawyer I still need to go to the office and apply. What do I do? Just rock up to the social security office with my EAD?
Old Jun 4th 2018, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

My EAD arrived on Saturday guys!

Next step is my SSN. I checked the box to ask them to issue one, but according to my lawyer I still need to go to the office and apply. What do I do? Just rock up to the social security office with my EAD?
I'd probably give it a week and see if one shows up.
Old Jun 4th 2018, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

I'd probably give it a week and see if one shows up.
A week from when I received my EAD? Yeah, I was wondering about that. I tried calling the social security office to see if they had any advice, but the woman I spoke to said she couldn't help me unless I gave her my SSN... :

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.