EAD Taking Forever

Old May 25th 2018, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD Taking Forever

@lenswipe - I received an RFE today (annoying, but expected) which I presume is because I only had short form birth certificates in the submission. (at the time I didn't know there was such a thing as long form)

Very irritating, but I take that to mean it's likely I was at the assessment stage and presumably would've had my EAD/AP issued had they have had the evidence.

In all, perhaps you're merely a few days away now.
Old May 25th 2018, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

lenswipe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheKingOfHearts
@lenswipe - I received an RFE today (annoying, but expected) which I presume is because I only had short form birth certificates in the submission. (at the time I didn't know there was such a thing as long form)

Very irritating, but I take that to mean it's likely I was at the assessment stage and presumably would've had my EAD/AP issued had they have had the evidence.

In all, perhaps you're merely a few days away now.
Thanks for the update man. What is a "short form" of a birth certificate?

I called USCIS today and the woman i spoke to said she thought i should hear back in the next few days
Old May 26th 2018, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lenswipe
Thanks for the update man. What is a "short form" of a birth certificate?

I called USCIS today and the woman i spoke to said she thought i should hear back in the next few days
IIRC the short form BC doesn't include parents names.
Old May 26th 2018, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

TheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
IIRC the short form BC doesn't include parents names.
Correct, it’s the only one my Mum had, I didn’t realize there was two versions (also, why?)

Thankfully I have a certified copy of the long version now, although that took 6 weeks to arrive, so I’m glad I ordered it earlier.

Presumably my RFE paperwork will arrive tomorrow, and I’m hoping it’s just the certificate, although who knows..
Old May 26th 2018, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Correct, it’s the only one my Mum had, I didn’t realize there was two versions (also, why?)

Thankfully I have a certified copy of the long version now, although that took 6 weeks to arrive, so I’m glad I ordered it earlier.

Presumably my RFE paperwork will arrive tomorrow, and I’m hoping it’s just the certificate, although who knows..
Ah, I sent a certified copy iirc. Either way, my status just changed to say that they're mailing my card out 🎉
Old May 26th 2018, 1:03 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, I sent a certified copy iirc. Either way, my status just changed to say that they're mailing my card out 🎉
That's wonderful news. The long wait is almost at an end. Now go find a job LOL
Old May 29th 2018, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Update: My RFE wasn't for my birth certificate as expected, it was for my 2017 Tax Return.

Which I physically couldn't have included since I filed on 15th December. Sigh. What a joke..
Old May 29th 2018, 11:35 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Update: My RFE wasn't for my birth certificate as expected, it was for my 2017 Tax Return.

Which I physically couldn't have included since I filed on 15th December. Sigh. What a joke..
I'm confused. You filed the 2017 tax return before the year 2017 was over?
Old May 30th 2018, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

No, their RFE was stating that I didn't include my 2017 tax return, which I couldn't have as when I filed my AOS on 15th December, I couldn't possible have had a 2017 tax return yet. Irritating to say the least.
Old May 30th 2018, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

​​​​​​Excuses excuses. If you were really committed you'd have found a way to time travel and make it work. /s

Jokes aside, good luck, mate. Apparently my card should be here in 10-15 days. So maybe around the 9th June? Fingers crossed...
Old May 30th 2018, 4:20 am
Concierge

No, their RFE was stating that I didn't include my 2017 tax return, which I couldn't have as when I filed my AOS on 15th December, I couldn't possible have had a 2017 tax return yet. Irritating to say the least.
I've not gone back to refamiliarize myself with your situation but are you sure that is what they meant? Not that the taxes for the year 2017 were not included but that the return that should have been filed in 2017 for the year 2016 was not included.
Old May 30th 2018, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rete
I've not gone back to refamiliarize myself with your situation but are you sure that is what they meant? Not that the taxes for the year 2017 were not included but that the return that should have been filed in 2017 for the year 2016 was not included.
I'm certainly not; but the RFE clearly said I needed to send them a copy of my LATEST tax return alongside a COPY of BOTH pages of the RFE.

These were in bold and/or caps, I can't recall.

Hence I did exactly that, my 2017 return and a copy of both pages. Let's see what they say.
Old May 30th 2018, 2:52 pm
Concierge

I'm certainly not; but the RFE clearly said I needed to send them a copy of my LATEST tax return alongside a COPY of BOTH pages of the RFE.

These were in bold and/or caps, I can't recall.

Hence I did exactly that, my 2017 return and a copy of both pages. Let's see what they say.
I agree, all it takes is one AH in the office to bring the department's reputation to mud level. Sorry that you had to get an RFE and deal with this garbage. The latest tax returns could easily have been taken to the interview instead of made an RFE. Perhaps the USCIS fairy is going to approve your application out of hand with an interview. Could be a reason why they wanted the latest tax return. I like to find something positive to offset their stupidity.
Old May 30th 2018, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Just called USCIS and even though it doesn't say so on their website, the agent I spoke to tells me that they mailed my EAD card out today. Going to call back tomorrow to see if they can give me the tracking info. Apparently they don't have tracking info as yet.

Hang in there TheKingOfHearts, you got this
Old May 30th 2018, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Just called USCIS and even though it doesn't say so on their website, the agent I spoke to tells me that they mailed my EAD card out today. Going to call back tomorrow to see if they can give me the tracking info. Apparently they don't have tracking info as yet.

Hang in there TheKingOfHearts, you got this
USPS informed delivery will show it in flight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.