Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

EAD stamp for K3 at JFK holders as well?

EAD stamp for K3 at JFK holders as well?

Old Mar 18th 2004, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

bguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nice
Default Re: EAD stamp for K3 at JFK holders as well?

Originally posted by SidAngelika
can anyone verify that JFK POE my give me a temp EAD as spouse (K3 visa) as well?
This might be worth a thought........
Apparenty the EAD will not be given to K-3. my wife is coming into Atlanta and certainly will try there to get it.In April she will come and try for it. It certainly makes no sense when are wife's cannot get it and someones intended wife can.
Old Mar 18th 2004, 12:12 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SidAngelika
But it feels a bit weird to be forced into non-working for (indefinite) time after the move to the USA. A very common concern I guess.
Well, "forced" might be a bit of a strong word. You could always choose to get an Immigrant Visa via an I-130, filed either stateside or at the Consulate abroad.

Not saying that it's not a sucky choice to have to make, mind you.
Old Mar 18th 2004, 9:39 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bguy1954
Apparenty the EAD will not be given to K-3. my wife is coming into Atlanta and certainly will try there to get it.In April she will come and try for it. It certainly makes no sense when are wife's cannot get it and someones intended wife can.

It makes no sense, I agree and we "suffered" from it, but that's the way it is. All I can say is that since you have had a head's up on this, file the EAD the day after she gets in.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

bguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nice

Originally posted by cindyabs
It makes no sense, I agree and we "suffered" from it, but that's the way it is. All I can say is that since you have had a head's up on this, file the EAD the day after she gets in.
Thanks, you are possibly right Cindy about doing it right away. But i want to know when your husband came in did he try to get it? Did he ask if it was possible? It would seem that an immigration officer can do it if he so chooses. My wife's POE is Atlanta, she is coming first week of April. We started this process with the I-129 on Dec.12,2002. needless to say we are glad it is coming to an end, just pissed there is so much more paperwork and fees and interviews to look forward to.
Thanks for all your replies.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

You're right - it never ends with the forms and paperwork. Then the USCIS has the nerve to complain about how many applications they have to deal with. My response - it's YOUR fault, bozos! If they had an efficient streamlined process, you wouldn't have to file for an EAD or an AP or AOS or extension of the K3. They have themselves to blame and I have NO sympathy for them.

Thanks, you are possibly right Cindy about doing it right away. But i want to know when your husband came in did he try to get it? Did he ask if it was possible? It would seem that an immigration officer can do it if he so chooses. My wife's POE is Atlanta, she is coming first week of April. We started this process with the I-129 on Dec.12,2002. needless to say we are glad it is coming to an end, just pissed there is so much more paperwork and fees and interviews to look forward to.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 5:25 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

bguy

I am a K3, My POE was JFK, I asked for it and I didn't get it because that's only for K1's.. Just apply for it once you wife arrives
Good Luck!!
Old Mar 19th 2004, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
bguy

I am a K3, My POE was JFK, I asked for it and I didn't get it because that's only for K1's.. Just apply for it once you wife arrives
Good Luck!!
This is a good thread for sure. Lot of response but. Tomarrow i am going to airport at orlando and do my best to interview an immigration officer about what he can do and cannot. will find out from a real source as to some of this.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 6:04 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

bguy,

The POElist web site shows everyone getting an EAD until December 2000, after that all 'no' except for 1 person in Dec 2002.
My bet is that the Dec 2002 poster made an error in submitting her info to the web site.

Regards, JEff

Old Mar 19th 2004, 7:16 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
bguy,

The POElist web site shows everyone getting an EAD until December 2000, after that all 'no' except for 1 person in Dec 2002.
My bet is that the Dec 2002 poster made an error in submitting her info to the web site.

Regards, JEff

Argg!! I am about to lose my marbles!! K3's can't get an EAD stamp!!
Old Mar 19th 2004, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

yes rightfully so they are not technially entitled to EAD at POE but it has been done maybe in error but even still.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 7:30 am
At last in Josh's arms =)

JoshsCarole is an unknown quantity at this point

yes rightfully so they are not technially entitled to EAD at POE but it has been done maybe in error but even still.
I am a K3 and I asked for the EAD stamp at my POE (Houston). The guy told me that even if he did give it to me, it wouldn't be legal for me to work on it. So who knows if there is any truth to this, but that's something you might want to look into even if your wife does get the stamp.

Carole
Old Mar 19th 2004, 7:32 am

Originally posted by JoshsCarole
I am a K3 and I asked for the EAD stamp at my POE (Houston). The guy told me that even if he did give it to me, it wouldn't be legal for me to work on it. So who knows if there is any truth to this, but that's something you might want to look into even if your wife does get the stamp.

Carole

Thanks Carole..

I give up!! Goodbye cruel world!!! lol
Old Mar 19th 2004, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by JoshsCarole

Carole
Quite possible from the social security K-3 is not entiled.
What is the real process then?
EAD to be filed in Chicago, true?
AOS, should it be filed? What are the advantages of doing this?
The biometric appointment is this done at your local office? Must it be done before you can get the EAD temp. one or permanent? Do you just call your local office for appointment of this testing?
Old Mar 19th 2004, 8:40 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

tweeky,

True. I've said so myself, in this very thread.

My purpose in the post you quoted was to confirm the policy at Atlanta, where bguy's wife will be entering, that they don't give an EAD to anyone. Indeed it appears that Atlanta stopped giving an EAD before the K3 came into existence. So with repect to that POE K1 or K3 is a moot point.

I was not at all clear about this, I apologize for the confusion.

Regards, JEff

Old Mar 19th 2004, 9:42 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Quite possible from the social security K-3 is not entiled.
What is the real process then?
EAD to be filed in Chicago, true?
AOS, should it be filed? What are the advantages of doing this?
The biometric appointment is this done at your local office? Must it be done before you can get the EAD temp. one or permanent? Do you just call your local office for appointment of this testing?

Real process:File for EAD, get NOA 1. NOA 1 has phone number to call to set up biometric at local office or at an affliate site for the local office.
Sit back and wait. IF no second NOA by 91st day go to local office for same day issued interim. Wait 2 weeks then go to local SSA to see if they have your wife in the SAVE system yet. If so, then apply for SSN. If not, wait another two weeks and go back etc.
AOS I can't speak to since as I said before we have not applied for that since there is a chance that the 130 MIGHT be done before the critical point on the K3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.