Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

EAD stamp for K3 at JFK holders as well?

EAD stamp for K3 at JFK holders as well?

Old Mar 17th 2004, 9:36 am
won't be long now!

SidAngelika is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EAD stamp for K3 at JFK holders as well?

can anyone verify that JFK POE my give me a temp EAD as spouse (K3 visa) as well?
This might be worth a thought........
Old Mar 17th 2004, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD stamp for K3 at JFK holders as well?

Ask. you have nothing to lose. I asked and didn't get at Bush International in Houston.

Originally posted by SidAngelika
can anyone verify that JFK POE my give me a temp EAD as spouse (K3 visa) as well?
Old Mar 17th 2004, 9:54 am
won't be long now!

Originally posted by lpdiver
Ask. you have nothing to lose. I asked and didn't get at Bush International in Houston.
My plans were to use Dallas as POE....since it was a convenient travel route for me in the past. Alicia & Driss just posted on their thread about their reunion that her foreign husband received a temp EAD stamp at JFK airport. Usually it's only given to K1 holders to my knowledge.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 10:02 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Angelika,

A K3 is not eligible for an EAD on arrival. They need to apply for it.

Regards, JEff

Old Mar 17th 2004, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Alicia&Driss is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, sorry it took me a few to get back to you about the stamp. Im really not sure about the stamp. Driss asked when he was with the immagration officer at JFK for this stamp. She told him that she will make sure that he will recieves this stamp. We know that we still have to apply for a EAD card and all before he would be able to work. But this will allow us to get things going faster I think. She was a really nice lady and took some time with him to get him through faster. She spoke with him in French so it helped so much. Hope this will help you some. Best of luck to you

My plans were to use Dallas as POE....since it was a convenient travel route for me in the past. Alicia & Driss just posted on their thread about their reunion that her foreign husband received a temp EAD stamp at JFK airport. Usually it's only given to K1 holders to my knowledge.
Old Mar 18th 2004, 8:26 am
won't be long now!

Originally posted by Alicia&Driss
Hello, sorry it took me a few to get back to you about the stamp. Im really not sure about the stamp. Driss asked when he was with the immagration officer at JFK for this stamp. She told him that she will make sure that he will recieves this stamp. We know that we still have to apply for a EAD card and all before he would be able to work. But this will allow us to get things going faster I think. She was a really nice lady and took some time with him to get him through faster. She spoke with him in French so it helped so much. Hope this will help you some. Best of luck to you
Thanks for your reply....maybe you might want to post about it again when the time gets here for Driss to apply for EAD and SSN.
If that stamp was of benefit to speed the process up...
again my best wishes on your new life!
Old Mar 18th 2004, 8:36 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

K-3s are not entitled to a work authorization stamp. The fact that an examiner at the JFK POE gave one does not mean that it will happen again. Nor does it mean that the recipient of said stamp will be allowed to get a social security card without the actual EAD in hand.

If coming into JFK would be a normal route for you then go for it, in my opinion. If you are going to spend a few hundred dollars to go through JFK on the chance of getting the stamp, the choice is yours on how you want to spend your money.

I know that your husband is little on the low side in funds these days with all the traveling as are you because you quit your job before the I-129F was approved stateside, so I fully understand your quest for knowledge ;-)

Rete
Old Mar 18th 2004, 8:38 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply....maybe you might want to post about it again when the time gets here for Driss to apply for EAD and SSN.
If that stamp was of benefit to speed the process up...
again my best wishes on your new life!
Speed up what process? Don't know what Driss' wife or you think might be speeded up by having a work authorization stamp.

Rete
Old Mar 18th 2004, 9:47 am
won't be long now!

Originally posted by Rete
Speed up what process? Don't know what Driss' wife or you think might be speeded up by having a work authorization stamp.

Rete
Process = obtaining the EAD and SSN...
Out of curiosity I was asking Alicia if this stamp actually may expedite getting her husband the permission to work. This may show in the near future. I was aware of the limitations of k3 holders and had read up on EAD FAQ. But who knows?
BTW...I have a new job for 2 months now. So I can sustain myself. But it feels a bit weird to be forced into non-working for (indefinite) time after the move to the USA. A very common concern I guess.
Old Mar 18th 2004, 9:55 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

SA,

"this stamp" is permission to work. It is 1 of 2 forms of EAD, the other form being a card.

Regards, JEff

Process = obtaining the EAD and SSN...
Out of curiosity I was asking Alicia if this stamp actually may expedite getting her husband the permission to work. This may show in the near future. I was aware of the limitations of k3 holders and had read up on EAD FAQ. But who knows?
BTW...I have a new job for 2 months now. So I can sustain myself. But it feels a bit weird to be forced into non-working for (indefinite) time after the move to the USA. A very common concern I guess.
Old Mar 18th 2004, 9:59 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

K-3s are not entitled to a work authorization stamp. The fact that an examiner at the JFK POE gave one does not mean that it will happen again. Nor does it mean that the recipient of said stamp will be allowed to get a social security card without the actual EAD in hand.

If coming into JFK would be a normal route for you then go for it, in my opinion. If you are going to spend a few hundred dollars to go through JFK on the chance of getting the stamp, the choice is yours on how you want to spend your money.

I know that your husband is little on the low side in funds these days with all the traveling as are you because you quit your job before the I-129F was approved stateside, so I fully understand your quest for knowledge ;-)

Rete

I agree.
My POE was JFK, I asked the officer if I could get the EAD stamp, he smiled at me and said, I am sorry but that is only available for K1's
Hope that helps!
Old Mar 18th 2004, 10:05 am
won't be long now!

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
I agree.
My POE was JFK, I asked the officer if I could get the EAD stamp, he smiled at me and said, I am sorry but that is only available for K1's
Hope that helps!
So there is no loophole for us k3ers....o well....resign...lol
Old Mar 18th 2004, 10:06 am
won't be long now!

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
SA,

"this stamp" is permission to work. It is 1 of 2 forms of EAD, the other form being a card.

Regards, JEff
Thanks for clarification on terminology, Jeff.
Old Mar 18th 2004, 10:09 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

So there is no loophole for us k3ers....o well....resign...lol

: Bonehead!!!
Old Mar 18th 2004, 10:23 am
won't be long now!

Rete
Yes I am flying back to spend a week with my wife again, in Germany. My wife is very proud and has never depended upon anyone in her adult life.. Hence wanting a job soon as possible.. I have already told her that she should just take advantage of the time she will have once she gets here..
If we thought there was a chance for her to get any kind of stamp on a K-3 we would no doubt do it. Since the FAQs said that K-3 visa holders have to apply here in the US once they get here, and send in the petition to the Chicago office where the petition for K-3s are sent.. This is what we will do!
As far as my money goes, we are doing alright! Thanks for your concern however Rete!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.