Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

EAD and SSN Questions in Atlanta: pls advice !!!!

Wikiposts

EAD and SSN Questions in Atlanta: pls advice !!!!

Old May 10th 2004, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

culverabbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EAD and SSN Questions in Atlanta: pls advice !!!!

Originally posted by Jenney & Mark
I'm stunned.

Rete's first two responses to JJ&ST were not rude at all. She was merely correcting his impression that the I-551 is the Alien Registration Card Number -- it is not. (FWIW, I was going to comment on that in my original response, but didn't for whatever reason.) Then she suggested he check out the FAQ if he hadn't already. In neither post was she insulting, rude or disrespectful.

If Rete was a bit rude in her third response, it was because JJ&ST was rude to her to begin with. Don't blame Rete just because you misinterpreted the tone of her posts.

Bottom line is, JJ&ST has gotten the clarification he needs, so let's just drop all the name calling, shall we?

~ Jenney

I agree Jenney! Im sure that if JJ hadn't been so rude then rete wouldn't have taken offense - to be honest with you, i'd have taken offense to what he said and i'm quite mild mannered!!! BTW, JJ if you're getting impatient over this I am praying for you when you actually get into the meat and potatoes of AOS!!!

abbie
Old May 10th 2004, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

I am staying out of the fights.................btdt on this forum too many times to count.

Just wanted to post our timeline since we are in Atlanta area as well. We were also married at the Decatur Court House............so it's a small world after all.

Cheers,

Leslie
Old May 12th 2004, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

nkem4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Scout
I am staying out of the fights.................btdt on this forum too many times to count.

Just wanted to post our timeline since we are in Atlanta area as well. We were also married at the Decatur Court House............so it's a small world after all.

Cheers,

Leslie

Scout/or Leslie & Steffi you are not gonna belive this. I and JJ went yesterday to get the marriage licence at the courthouse. Well we were given the biggest runaround ever. It started by getting mis-direction from a police officer at the VAMC on clarmont rd, whre I had an early a.m. appt. I asked him where exactly is the courthouse in relationship to where the VA hosp. is. I showed him the printout of the directions we had taking us from the house to the court, but since we were leaving from another venue I couldn't figure out the best route. Anyway he gave us directions but it took us to the sheriffs office on Memorial drive - in the end I think he simply saw the word Dekalb County Courthouse and ddint see the addy we were looking for was on Mcdonnagh (sp?) st.
Anyway the guard at the dekalb cty court handwrote the directionfor us on the same page we showed the previous PO. So we get back in the car and head down memorial drive toward candler rd. Upon approaching candler, the instr. she wrote for us told us to make a right until we get to the railroad track then take it from there. So can you tell me why, when we get to candler rd, there is a sign pointing left saying this way to Mcdonnagh street???? Ok, so i was like why is that saying left, when the sec. guard say to go right? Tha'ts Atlanta for you though i'm still learning these street directions after living here almost 3yrs.
Nevertheless we made a right and continued but in our mind we're thinking it could be wrong lets turnaround and follow the arrow towards Mcdonnnagh. WRONG!!! that was taking us into Atlanta even further right???
We finally stopped at a gas station where the attendant said we should continue in the direction we originally came from. Lo & behold a few more miles ahead we see the RR tracks then shortly after, whaddya know - there's the famous courthouse.
Ok so maybe i thought Dekalb courthouse on memorial did the same thing as this one, I was wrong. They handle trffic offenses (I knew this from experince) but also just thought it was the only court in dekatur/dekalb whatever - i'm totaly mixed up here. But it gets better. We get there, swear in, complete the form yadda yadda yadda............were' done. that was quick!
Next step DMV for inquiry on learners permits and such. But wait, is the tag office on Memorial drive where he goes to make thse inquires. I just knw it was, so i didnt even bother calling in advance or making any inquiry. MY BAD!! that is only for veh. registration & stuff. DMV is totally in another area. OK so am not so wise after all
I mean i only renewed my license in Dec. 2003, one would think that i'd take JJ to the same place so why did i have the tag office in mind. Gee whiz this is making me feel soo very very bright indeed.
OK i'msure the office in Norcross (near the QT) handles license & permits etc. but is it the nearest one to me??? Hey guess, i'll call and find out only I keep getting automated response and no 'live' person to inquire to.
When its all said and done, i'll have learned a coupla things new every day. So there's my gripe!! thanks for listning. ANd whoever designed these streets in Atlanta, if I could meet him, what a conversation we'd have!

smooches
Old May 26th 2004, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

JJ&ST is an unknown quantity at this point

Name was in SAVE system yesterday!!!! Number will arrive in our address by post in 2 weeks. !!!
Old May 26th 2004, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

JJ&ST is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SSN arrives soon!!!!!

Originally posted by culverabbie
I agree Jenney! Im sure that if JJ hadn't been so rude then rete wouldn't have taken offense - to be honest with you, i'd have taken offense to what he said and i'm quite mild mannered!!! BTW, JJ if you're getting impatient over this I am praying for you when you actually get into the meat and potatoes of AOS!!!

abbie
Old May 27th 2004, 12:49 am
Jennifer Raccuglia

> HERE HERE!! YOU GO GIRL!! IMHO SHE'S A RUDE ABBRASIVE KNOW
    > IT ALL AND IT'S ABOUT TIME SOMEONE TELLS HER SO.

I don't read the majority of the posts in this group and don't know
exactly what she is all about, but why isn't she helping to ban the IP
addresses of the ppl having the molestation/pedophile crap. That is
completely uncalled for in this group.