Wikiposts

EAD Renewal

Old Jul 15th 2004, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

lil_tone76 will become famous soon enough
Default EAD Renewal

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has thoughts on my case. At present, my AOS is yet to be approved due to the pending FBI namecheck(the interview was done on Feb 4, 2004, and the FBI namecheck on Oct 25, 2003). In the meantime, my EAD is due to expire on Sept. 25. I realize I have a little over 2 months on hand but do I need a headstart and apply for renewal soon? How far towards the expiration date should I wait to start the process? Also, how long does it typically take to renew?

Thanks, in advance!!!
Old Jul 15th 2004, 9:29 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD Renewal

Originally posted by lil_tone76
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has thoughts on my case. At present, my AOS is yet to be approved due to the pending FBI namecheck(the interview was done on Feb 4, 2004, and the FBI namecheck on Oct 25, 2003). In the meantime, my EAD is due to expire on Sept. 25. I realize I have a little over 2 months on hand but do I need a headstart and apply for renewal soon? How far towards the expiration date should I wait to start the process? Also, how long does it typically take to renew?

Thanks, in advance!!!
My advice is to apply for renewal as soon as humanly possible, as it seems EADs are taking forever now to be issued! Some people are waiting up to 6 months. I don't know if it makes a difference between an initial application or a renewal, but I know I wouldn't wait much longer.

Rene
Old Jul 15th 2004, 9:52 am
Welsh Wife

JohnCindy is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,

Thanks, in advance!!!
Like Rene said.......... just renew. mrsm renewed and she got her AOS interview and her EAD renewal card in the mail the same time! Our AOS was due on or before June 14, 2004 but that came and went so we renewed last week online. Like that mastercard commercial............. EAD renewal $175............ keeping your job.......... PRICELESS!! lol

Cindy
Old Jul 15th 2004, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by JohnCindy
Like Rene said.......... just renew. mrsm renewed and she got her AOS interview and her EAD renewal card in the mail the same time! Our AOS was due on or before June 14, 2004 but that came and went so we renewed last week online. Like that mastercard commercial............. EAD renewal $175............ keeping your job.......... PRICELESS!! lol

Cindy

I didn't get my renewed EAD card yet. I e-filed for it, then two weeks later received interview letter. I said joking with the DAO at the interview that knowing my luck now that I have the I-551 in my passport, my renewed EAD would probably arrive the following day (as if!). I probably mis-heard the DAO say I would get my "green card" in three weeks as Mrs. "tcylinder" was told three months before she would get hers.
Lil_tone, at this point It's a pretty safe bet you won't get your renewed EAD in hand within two months, but at least if you apply for it you can go and get the interim after 90 days. I presume that rule also applies w/ renewals? Who knows how much longer the name check is going to take?
BTW folks, I went to SS office on Monday to apply for amended SS card and was told that my status hadn't been updated in SAVE system yet - it was too soon. Not that I'm complaining mind you.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 11:50 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mrsm
Lil_tone, at this point It's a pretty safe bet you won't get your renewed EAD in hand within two months, but at least if you apply for it you can go and get the interim after 90 days. I presume that rule also applies w/ renewals? Who knows how much longer the name check is going to take?
That's a very good question! CAN you get an Interim EAD on a Renewal Application?? Do they treat renewals as if they are new applicants, or do they get special favor?

On that same note....can you get a second Interim EAD if the first interim expires before you actually get the card? Seems unlikely that would happen, but curious as to whether it ever has.

Rene
Old Jul 15th 2004, 11:55 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Noorah101
That's a very good question! CAN you get an Interim EAD on a Renewal Application?? Do they treat renewals as if they are new applicants, or do they get special favor?

On that same note....can you get a second Interim EAD if the first interim expires before you actually get the card? Seems unlikely that would happen, but curious as to whether it ever has.

Rene

I sure hope so Rene. But anyway, someone in a recent thread mentioned they were on their THIRD EAD?!
Old Jul 15th 2004, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

eiloo is an unknown quantity at this point

BTW folks, I went to SS office on Monday to apply for amended SS card and was told that my status hadn't been updated in SAVE system yet - it was too soon. Not that I'm complaining mind you.
Hi,

I was approved for I-551 back in February 2004. You mentioned that you went to the SSA to get an amended SS Card... which I'm assuming is the one that does not have the INS (CIS) authorization clause on it. Is it necessary to go to the SSA to file this since even if it does say valid for work with INS (CIS) authorization, I would still have to show my I-551 to my employer?

Secondly, when I applied for my SSN while I was still in K-1 status, the card I received from the SSA did not have that INS clause on it... it just had my name and my SSN. Do I need to do anything? Or can I assume they have it correct in their system (that I can only work with CIS authorization) and the printer just missed that line on my card?

Ian
Old Jul 16th 2004, 12:35 am
Welsh Wife

I didn't get my renewed EAD card yet. I e-filed for it, then two weeks later received interview letter. I said joking with the DAO at the interview that knowing my luck now that I have the I-551 in my passport, my renewed EAD would probably arrive the following day (as if!). I probably mis-heard the DAO say I would get my "green card" in three weeks as Mrs. "tcylinder" was told three months before she would get hers.
Thanks mrsm for the update. I quoted your wrong I have a question............... can you show your employers the application and confirmation letter etc while we are waiting? 90 days is just about two weeks before John's expires.

Cindy
Old Jul 16th 2004, 4:24 am

Originally posted by JohnCindy
Thanks mrsm for the update. I quoted your wrong I have a question............... can you show your employers the application and confirmation letter etc while we are waiting? 90 days is just about two weeks before John's expires.

Cindy
Hi Cindy,

Yes, you can show an employer the letter from SSA stating that you've applied for your card. They don't need to see the application, just the letter stating you've applied. The employer is supposed to accept that as evidence of your eligibility to work. When you get the card, bring it in so they can update their personnel records.

Rene
Old Jul 16th 2004, 4:31 am
Welsh Wife

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi Cindy,

Yes, you can show an employer the letter from SSA stating that you've applied for your card. They don't need to see the application, just the letter stating you've applied. The employer is supposed to accept that as evidence of your eligibility to work. When you get the card, bring it in so they can update their personnel records.

Rene
Omgosh thanks for the good news. That is one less worry off our heads!!
Cindy
Old Jul 16th 2004, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by eiloo
Hi,

I was approved for I-551 back in February 2004. You mentioned that you went to the SSA to get an amended SS Card... which I'm assuming is the one that does not have the INS (CIS) authorization clause on it. Is it necessary to go to the SSA to file this since even if it does say valid for work with INS (CIS) authorization, I would still have to show my I-551 to my employer?

Secondly, when I applied for my SSN while I was still in K-1 status, the card I received from the SSA did not have that INS clause on it... it just had my name and my SSN. Do I need to do anything? Or can I assume they have it correct in their system (that I can only work with CIS authorization) and the printer just missed that line on my card?

Ian

Yes, I did go to apply for a card without the clause. You're right, It really doesn't make much difference does it? Because you do still have to show I-551/green card to an employer I think. By now your status would have been updated to CPR (I hope). As you already have the card without the clause, you may be better off not going to SSA and confusing them by asking for essentially a duplicate of what you already have. I don't know? Personally I would go to the SSA and see what info they have on your status. When I went to apply for amended card I used my middle initial when I signed the application and the clerk told me that by doing so it could complicate things for me as I never used used my middle intial on my original SSN application, so I had to fill out a new form and not put the "J' in my signature.

Last edited by mrsm; Jul 16th 2004 at 11:33 am.
Old Jul 16th 2004, 11:25 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Thanks, in advance!!!
You haven't applied yet?? OH MY!!, I am sorry but I doubt you will get the renewal in 2 months
Hope your AOS is approved soon!!
Good Luck..
Old Jul 16th 2004, 11:26 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cindyabs
I sure hope so Rene. But anyway, someone in a recent thread mentioned they were on their THIRD EAD?!

Can't be true!!
I am flipped out!!
Old Jul 20th 2004, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

lil_tone76 will become famous soon enough

I didn't even know I was supposed to apply that far in advance but in anycase, instead of thinking I should be renewing my EAD, I was thinking along the line of when is the FBI Namecheck going to be done. Sigh!!!!

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
You haven't applied yet?? OH MY!!, I am sorry but I doubt you will get the renewal in 2 months
Hope your AOS is approved soon!!
Good Luck..
Old Jul 20th 2004, 9:41 am

I didn't even know I was supposed to apply that far in advance but in anycase, instead of thinking I should be renewing my EAD, I was thinking along the line of when is the FBI Namecheck going to be done. Sigh!!!!

What's your NOA for the AOS??, You might get the AOS interview by then!