Wikiposts

EAD renewal?

Old Mar 10th 2004, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

Mr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the rough
Default EAD renewal?

I finally got my 1 year EAD after 4 months waiting. The question now is whether I would have to renew it , or if I will get the greencard within this year. How does this work? When do you have to apply for the EAD renewal? Do you have to pay fees again?
Old Mar 10th 2004, 5:15 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EAD renewal?

Originally posted by Mr. Z19
I finally got my 1 year EAD after 4 months waiting. The question now is whether I would have to renew it , or if I will get the greencard within this year. How does this work? When do you have to apply for the EAD renewal? Do you have to pay fees again?
Asking how long it will take to get your GC is like asking "how long is a piece of string"!

Here's our situation:

Filed AOS in April 2003.
1 yr EAD issued June 2003.
Miami currently processing Jan 2003 AOS.
No clue what dates they're processing for EAD as it's not on their list.
Filed renewal EAD online with NBC Feb 2004, just in case we don't get an interview date until after my current EAD expires, or we have the interview soon, and they give us the "fingerprint results haven't come back yet" crap, even though the FBI said they were sent back on the day they were taken.

So it's a wait now to see which one comes first. I have a lot of hostility toward USCIS, as I don't agree with the way they work, but even if it means giving them more money than I need to to make sure I'm legal, I'll do it. Considering how inconsistant they are, it's a judgement call for each individual as to when they file for things.

Kate. xxxxx
Old Mar 11th 2004, 4:35 am
Gra-gra

Default Re: EAD renewal?

Mr. Z19 <member14750@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I finally got my 1 year EAD after 4 months waiting. The question now is
    > whether I would have to renew it , or if I will get the greencard within
    > this year. How does this work? When do you have to apply for the EAD
    > renewal? Do you have to pay fees again?

All this info is out there.
You will probably have to renew it, most people do, I think. I know I
did. You should apply 6 months before the expiry of the current one. I
know, that's 6 months after you got it. It used to be 3 months but I
think you'll find they advise 6 now. I applied 3 months before and it
wasn't ready in time, I had to go in and get an interim EAD. You can
apply online. Yes, you have to pay fees again ($120), if you apply
online you can pay with your credit card.