Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

EAD Rant.. this is insane...

EAD Rant.. this is insane...

Old Feb 26th 2004, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice
Default Re: EAD Rant.. this is insane...

Thanks.

I have left a voicemail for our congressional rep (well my contact there) and am awaiting a call back as I type.

A few things on the notice from Baltimore

1) The phone number is incorrect .. the 410 number, when you ring it, gives you a recorded message to call directory enquiries to get the number
2) They still have the address www.bcis.gov on there

You think they would have fixed these blantantly obvious things by now.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 7:06 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by leebarton
A few things on the notice from Baltimore

1) The phone number is incorrect .. the 410 number, when you ring it, gives you a recorded message to call directory enquiries to get the number
2) They still have the address www.bcis.gov on there

You think they would have fixed these blantantly obvious things by now.
Yeah, but then again, this is an office that apparently can't follow a policy that is clear as day to anyone who reads it.

Good luck with the congressional rep...

~ Jenney
Old Feb 27th 2004, 4:13 pm
Sfm

Jenney & Mark <member2595@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Originally posted by leebarton
    > > A few things on the
    > notice from Baltimore
    > >
    > > 1) The phone number is incorrect .. the 410
    > number, when you ring it, gives you a recorded message to call directory
    > enquiries to get the number
    > > 2) They still have the address
    > www.bcis.gov on there
    > >
    > > You think they would have fixed
    > these blantantly obvious things by now.
    >
    > Yeah, but then again,
    > this is an office that apparently can't follow a policy that is clear as
    > day to anyone who reads it.
    >
    > Good luck with the congressional rep...
    >
    >
    > ~ Jenney

If the Bush administration and Repugos wanna outsource work or
privatize something... why in the hell don't they outsource/privatize
the work of the inneffecient USCIS! People waiting 120 plus days for
an EAD - ridiculous!!!

Old Feb 27th 2004, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice

Well... some good news at last =)

After complaining to my congressional rep on Monday, I got a letter tonight dated Wednesday... for an EAD appointment at 8.30 am on Monday 1st March

Whether the Congressmans office had anythign to do with it I couldn't say,but it looks like I will finally be work authorized on March 1st

Thanks to all for listening the last week or so!

Lee
Old Feb 28th 2004, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

ccalgreen is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone.. I just needed to let off some steam last night

I have been waiting 120+ days, been to Baltimore and told that they didn't do walkin interim EAD (ummmm ok) and just wanted to scream.

Today I am contacting my congressmans office. If I lost this job, in the field I was in the UK after actually managing to secure a well paying job in my field at the first attempt because of the incompetency of the USCIS (or whatever the flavour of the month is for them this month when it comes to names!) I would be fuming. It is just sooo infuriating sometimes being stuck at home and desperately wanting to be out working and earning the money and not being able to because of buerocracy.

Lee
Hey Lee,

I'm assuming you contacted Chris Van Hollen's office in Rockville? Our case was dealt with by Valerie Nussenblatt and she was very efficient.

CLEM
Old Feb 28th 2004, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

ccalgreen is an unknown quantity at this point

After complaining to my congressional rep on Monday, I got a letter tonight dated Wednesday... for an EAD appointment at 8.30 am on Monday 1st March

Whether the Congressmans office had anythign to do with it I couldn't say,but it looks like I will finally be work authorized on March 1st

Lee
Congratulations!

Didn't see this post when I replied... The fact that you have an EAD appointment probably means that you've already been approved! That's what happened to me - all I had to go to Baltimore for was to have my picture and signature put on the card!

CLEM
Old Feb 28th 2004, 2:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by ccalgreen
Hey Lee,

I'm assuming you contacted Chris Van Hollen's office in Rockville? Our case was dealt with by Valerie Nussenblatt and she was very efficient.

CLEM
Yup same office, same person.. and I found her very efficient too. The first time I contacted her at around 100 days within 2 days I got a letter about the AOS transfer to Baltimore. This time within 2 days of speaking to her they issue a letter for the EAD appointment... maybe coincidence, maybe she helped.. who knows.. and right now I am happy and don't care =P
Old Feb 28th 2004, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Sixx is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Lee!
Old Feb 29th 2004, 11:07 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Lee
Just saw your good news -- hooray!! So happy to hear your progress on this.

Best of luck tomorrow!

~ Jenney