Wikiposts

EAD question

Old Oct 17th 2003, 12:57 pm
Welsh Wife

JohnCindy is on a distinguished road
Default EAD question

John is going for his EAD interview this month. My question is....... on the day of the interview do you leave with anything saying it is approved (if it is approved)????? Or do you have to hurry up and wait again for the BCIS or whatever it is called this week to send you the approval.
Thanks all
Cindy
Old Oct 17th 2003, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsm is an unknown quantity at this point

The people doing the fingerprinting etc are just contracted by BCIS, they don't approve or deny the EAD, at least so I was told at the office where I went. In my case the EAD was approved online 9 days after the appointment and the card arrived less than 2 weeks after that. I think the approval is just a formality, after the appointment you are only waiting for them to "make" your card and send it to you. They did stamp the back of my appointment letter at the interview with a "processing stamp" as proof I'd been.
Old Oct 17th 2003, 2:43 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD question

Cindy,

Based on my experience, I'd say there's no interview for an EAD. You go in, they check over your application, and you leave with the EAD card.

Originally posted by JohnCindy
John is going for his EAD interview this month. My question is....... on the day of the interview do you leave with anything saying it is approved (if it is approved)????? Or do you have to hurry up and wait again for the BCIS or whatever it is called this week to send you the approval.
Thanks all
Cindy
Old Oct 18th 2003, 3:13 am
Wales is next to England

Gasherjohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Cindy for asking and thanks Jeff & mrsm for replying

John
Old Oct 18th 2003, 3:53 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD question

I should qualify that this was done in early 2001, pre 9/11.

Also, the District and Sub offices all do things differntly to need their local needs and resources.

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Cindy,

Based on my experience, I'd say there's no interview for an EAD. You go in, they check over your application, and you leave with the EAD card.