Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

EAD Processing Delays-Msg from the O-man

Wikiposts

EAD Processing Delays-Msg from the O-man

Old Sep 22nd 2008, 5:33 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default EAD Processing Delays-Msg from the O-man

2007 Summer Surge A Year Later: Employment Authorization Document (EAD) Processing Delays

Pursuant to 8 CFR § 274a.13, USCIS must adjudicate EAD applications within 90 days from the date of USCIS receipt of the application.

The CIS Ombudsman has been receiving numerous inquiries from customers about EAD applications pending more than 90 days. Do you have this concern? Then, see our suggestions below:

Step 1: Call USCIS National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-(800) 375-5283 and record the time/date of the call and the name/number of the customer service representative:

* Explain to the customer service representative that your EAD has been pending more than 90 days and ask for a “service request.” You should receive a response to your service request within a week.

OR

* Ask the customer service representative to request an interim card for you. You should receive an EAD or response within a week.

Step 2: If you choose to visit a local USCIS office, schedule an INFOPASS appointment to visit that office on www.infopass.uscis.gov. At the appointment, ask to apply for an interim EAD. Note that USCIS local offices no longer issue interim EADs. The local office can review your case and determine eligibility. The local office will forward your request to the USCIS service centers. You should receive an EAD or response within a week.

Step 3: If you have tried both Step 1 and Step 2 and have still not received your EAD or an interim card, please email our office at [email protected] with the details of your efforts. Please include the date and time of your call to the NCSC and the name of the customer service representative. If you visited a USCIS office, please provide that information. We will look into your case and review how we may be of assistance.

For all other case inquiries, please submit DHS Form 7001 to our office.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 6:21 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD Processing Delays-Msg from the O-man

Originally Posted by meauxna
Pursuant to 8 CFR § 274a.13, USCIS must adjudicate EAD applications within 90 days from the date of USCIS receipt of the application.
I wonder, does this inlcude cases where folks have received an RFE? I thought the clock stopped on issuing the EAD when an RFE is involved.

Rene
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 6:37 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD Processing Delays-Msg from the O-man

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I wonder, does this inlcude cases where folks have received an RFE? I thought the clock stopped on issuing the EAD when an RFE is involved.

Rene
That is my understanding as well. An RFE on the original filing (I-485) or the I-765 stops the processing 'clock' and the applicant can not rely on any of these projections/promises.

The quoted text is straight from the linked webpage, in case it is not clear. That is not my writing.