EAD mailing time

Old Dec 22nd 2018, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

JuniorJ194 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EAD mailing time

Hi guys,
I expedited the processing of my card with USCIS because my grandmother has been taken into hospital yesterday, they were quite quick to respond and my status changed to "card was mailed to me" around 4pm last night. I tried to get a tracking number off them but they couldn't find one for me so now I'm kind of in limbo needing to book a flight and i don't know when my combo going to turn up. Does anyone know how long they usually take o be delivered? I live literally 3 hours away from the NBC if that makes the time speed up any faster.

Thanks for any advice! While I'm here, i hope you all have a great Christmas and New Year!
Old Dec 22nd 2018, 10:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD mailing time

First of all, traveling overseas has nothing to do with an EAD (the subject line of your thread) and everything to do with AP. If you requested expediting the AP, you might not get a combo card, you might get just the AP.

There's no tracking number because USCIS sends things via regular mail, which is not tracked. So it will take however long regular mail takes. Don't forget there's no mail processing on Sunday, next Tuesday (Christmas) or the following Tuesday (New Years Day).

I'd say maybe 3 to 5 mailing days? But who knows? Don't book anything until you have AP in hand.

Rene
Old Dec 22nd 2018, 11:44 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Junior had his EAD/AP expedited and approved on the 19th through his congressperson. So I'm unsure of what he means by the above, i.e. the same that he posted on the 19th or did he expedite mailing? I very much doubt, like you, that he will get it on Monday and no mail delivery on Tuesday. If lucky, he will get it on Wednesday.

According to several posters here the card is now being sent by tracker mail. Apparently, according to them, you can get the tracking number online.
Old Dec 23rd 2018, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Junior had his EAD/AP expedited and approved on the 19th through his congressperson. So I'm unsure of what he means by the above, i.e. the same that he posted on the 19th or did he expedite mailing? I very much doubt, like you, that he will get it on Monday and no mail delivery on Tuesday. If lucky, he will get it on Wednesday.

According to several posters here the card is now being sent by tracker mail. Apparently, according to them, you can get the tracking number online.
thats correct, I got my combo card expedited and called them again yesterday about how long it’s going to take to get to me. I was told they sent it to me via priority mail but usps hadn’t sent them a tracking number yet. I haven’t booked a flight yet, just don’t want to leave it too last minute as prices are already ridiculous hah.
Old Dec 23rd 2018, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

CaptainAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation Junior. If it's of any help, like you I had my Congressman's office involved and they helped shift things along for me. My combo card was sent on Wednesday this past week from USCIS, but USPS didn't register it until Thursday. My Congressman's office was able to provide the tracking number direct from their Congressional liaison. In usual circumstances, your tracking number would show up on your USCIS case status page (as mine did on its original 'delivery'), but as this re-delivery went via a slightly different method, my tracking number still hasn't shown up on the case status. So I presume your situation is similar to mine, and therefore yours won't show up online either. Hopefully your Congressperson's office can provide this at some point next week, if it hasn't already arrived by then. Yours should be sent Priority Mail (mine was sent Priority Mail Signature Confirmation Restricted Delivery which is now standard for re-delivered EADs and Green Cards). As I mentioned, USPS didn't register a tracking number until Thursday morning... but it came all the way from Missouri to my area in California in less than a day, based on tracking scans. So, following the tracking, I was able to pre-empt even an attempted delivery on Saturday and instead collected it from my local post office yesterday afternoon (Friday). Technically Priority Mail should be a 2-3 day delivery, but that can differ depending on volume and delivery location. If you haven't received it or a tracking number by Monday, perhaps you can visit your local post office then to see if they can see any incoming mail for you? I wish you all the best with this stressful situation, and I hope it resolves itself in good time.
Old Dec 23rd 2018, 9:02 am
Banned

BFrost is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, Hi, If your documents are proper then you can get it with in 40days.

My timeline

6th April 2018: Mail Application to USCIS

10th April 2018: Received at USCIS and rerouted to vermont USCIS facility

14th April 2018: Received confirmation mail and sms. (uscis status:case was received)

20th April 2018: Received EAD receipt hard copy

8th May 2018: USCIS Status :case is approved

10th May 2018: uscis status:card mailed to me

12th May 2018: Received approved notice by uscis mail

16th May 2018: Received My EAD Card by PRIORITY mail.
Old Dec 23rd 2018, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica
I'm really sorry to hear about your situation Junior. If it's of any help, like you I had my Congressman's office involved and they helped shift things along for me. My combo card was sent on Wednesday this past week from USCIS, but USPS didn't register it until Thursday. My Congressman's office was able to provide the tracking number direct from their Congressional liaison. In usual circumstances, your tracking number would show up on your USCIS case status page (as mine did on its original 'delivery'), but as this re-delivery went via a slightly different method, my tracking number still hasn't shown up on the case status. So I presume your situation is similar to mine, and therefore yours won't show up online either. Hopefully your Congressperson's office can provide this at some point next week, if it hasn't already arrived by then. Yours should be sent Priority Mail (mine was sent Priority Mail Signature Confirmation Restricted Delivery which is now standard for re-delivered EADs and Green Cards). As I mentioned, USPS didn't register a tracking number until Thursday morning... but it came all the way from Missouri to my area in California in less than a day, based on tracking scans. So, following the tracking, I was able to pre-empt even an attempted delivery on Saturday and instead collected it from my local post office yesterday afternoon (Friday). Technically Priority Mail should be a 2-3 day delivery, but that can differ depending on volume and delivery location. If you haven't received it or a tracking number by Monday, perhaps you can visit your local post office then to see if they can see any incoming mail for you? I wish you all the best with this stressful situation, and I hope it resolves itself in good time.
Yes! I actually called USCIS because I couldn’t find my tracking number online anywhere after searching through peoples timelines who said it came in there straight away. They told me that mine wouldn’t become available until 3-5 business days which I thought was odd. They said it will mire than likely be there before my tracking number is received anyway! So now I’m just waiting, I understand that mail offices are shut in a Sunday but mail still moves. I can’t believe they got my card mailed a day before USCIS were affected by the government shut down.. that’s pretty lucky hah!
Old Dec 23rd 2018, 2:05 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

USPS is a government agency. Wait to see if they are affected as well with a slow down.
Old Dec 23rd 2018, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Good Morning Rete,

I’ve actually already researched about the USPS as I was worried about this too. I read an article online that said postal services won’t be affected because they rely on the same of their products and services instead of tax dollars. Which was a relief!

Article piece: “On Saturday, the official Twitter account for the U.S. Postal Service said “USPS operations will not be interrupted due to the Gov’t shutdown, and all Post Offices will remain open for business as usual. Because we are an independent entity that is funded through the sale of our products and services, and not by tax dollars, USPS will not be impacted.”

Old Dec 23rd 2018, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

All EADs, APs, GC are sent via priority mail with tracking. The only way I could get the numbers was via USPS.
Old Dec 23rd 2018, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tom169
All EADs, APs, GC are sent via priority mail with tracking. The only way I could get the numbers was via USPS.
Hi Tom,

i called USPS Friday and they couldn’t give me a tracking number lol. I was on hold for an hour for a 30 second conversation!
Old Dec 24th 2018, 2:32 pm
i hate cabbage

Jack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond repute

My expedited EAD/AP updated in the portal 5 days after the approval with the USPS tracking number.

Note - if you sign up to USPS Informed Delivery (if available in your area) you can track packages / tracked items that are sent to you without needing to know the tracking no. Just look for the USCIS center address, which i believe is Lee's Summit
Old Dec 26th 2018, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Quick update,
I called USCIS again this morning as they requested me to on Monday. I was transferred to a Tier 2 officer who was absolutely useless. I explained my situation with my grandmother being in hospital and that I need a tracking number for my card that was mailed 5 days ago now. She told me that the office hasn't mailed the card yet and that its been produced even though on my end on both my dhs account and uscis checker account, it said it was mailed to my address on friday. Apparently as i have already been approved there is absolutely nothing i can do but to sit and wait for the card. My mum called this morning and said that my gran has two slipped discs in her back and because of her dementia, the therapists are finding it hard to teach her how to walk again. This has been the worst week of my life, i told the officer on the phone that im desperate and all she said was that she put in a request with the office who sent my card and they will be in contact in five days. What am i supposed to do?

Josh
Old Dec 26th 2018, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly I don't think there is anything you can do except wait it out. Not the news you want to hear but... I think you've exhausted all options.
Old Dec 26th 2018, 5:08 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately all you can do is wait. Hope it arrives soon.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.