Wikiposts

EAD information

Old May 5th 2004, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Sureyya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EAD information

Hi I want to know something about the EAD form i.e. i765.
My husband got a k3 visa and he is already here, now we wanted to apply for his EAD and in form it asked about A-number or i94 number, Since he dont have A-number , we saw in his i94 form which had only 2 numbers , one was printed number and other was written by immigration officers. Now which number to put in form ?
secondly it asked manner of entry to US , do we have to answer as spouse of US citizen or what ?
and thirdly it asked the current immigration status what it would be ?
we will be thankful for your help. Thanks.
Old May 5th 2004, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

dhabud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EAD information

we saw in his i94 form which had only 2 numbers , one was printed number and other was written by immigration officers. Now which number to put in form ?

On my application I put in the written number, wirtten in those boxes|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|

secondly it asked manner of entry to US , do we have to answer as spouse of US citizen or what ?

I put in visa such as F-1, K-3 and in brackets(spouse of usc)

I wrote Pending AOS. incase u submitted AOS.
Old May 6th 2004, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

sequoia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Sureyya
My husband got a k3 visa and he is already here, now we wanted to apply for his EAD and in form it asked about A-number or i94 number, Since he dont have A-number , we saw in his i94 form which had only 2 numbers , one was printed number and other was written by immigration officers. Now which number to put in form ?
we will be thankful for your help. Thanks.
Since your husband got here on a K3 visa he should have an A# as well.... check the Visa in his passport... the A# should be listed somewhere on there!!!
Old May 6th 2004, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Sureyya is an unknown quantity at this point

On my husbands USA visa it has a control number, and some red numbers down at the bottom. Are either of these an A number??? Also, on his I-94 there is a bold pre-filled departure number as well as a written FINS#. I am very confused which of these numbers I need to use for filing the EAD. Can anyone tell me?? I wanted to call and ask somebody but I cant find any number for USCIS. How do you contact them if you have a question??

Also, it is asking for two photographs. Are these the front facing or the 3/4 view ones?? Does anyone know the webpage that details the specifications for these photographs?? Thanks to anyone for their help.
Old May 6th 2004, 10:09 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

My husband got a k3 visa and he is already here, now we wanted to apply for his EAD and in form it asked about A-number or i94 number, Since he dont have A-number
Hi,
If the K3 is consistent with the K1, the A number should be on the visa in the passport. My husband's says, "K1 Petition approved by USCIS/NSC on (date)" and underneath that is his A#.

If it isn't there, check your first and second NOAs for the A#. It is in the top right hand corner typed in above his name.

Manner of entry would be K3 Visa recipient.

For current status, we said, "adjustment of status applicant as a result of K1 Visa"

Hope this helps.

~SecretGarden
Old May 6th 2004, 10:19 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

On my husbands USA visa it has a control number, and some red numbers down at the bottom. Are either of these an A number??? Also, on his I-94 there is a bold pre-filled departure number as well as a written FINS#. I am very confused which of these numbers I need to use for filing the EAD. Can anyone tell me?? I wanted to call and ask somebody but I cant find any number for USCIS. How do you contact them if you have a question??

Also, it is asking for two photographs. Are these the front facing or the 3/4 view ones?? Does anyone know the webpage that details the specifications for these photographs?? Thanks to anyone for their help.
Hi Sureyya,

There should be an A-number on his visa - Sadegh's is in the lower left part of his visa.

For the I-94 number, I used the pre-printed number on the I-94 departure card. I'm not sure if that's right, though...I haven't turned anything in yet.

I think the only number to call is the National 800 mis-information line (LOL) which puts you on hold forever and never really answered questions to anyone's satisfaction anyway.

The 2 photos are the ADIT (3/4 view) style. Here's a site with those specifications: http://www.afst.com/Jamaica/k1/images/docs/m-378g.gif

Best wishes!
Rene
Old May 6th 2004, 10:52 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Sureyya,

On my husbands USA visa it has a control number, and some red numbers down at the bottom. Are either of these an A number???
No.
Also, on his I-94 there is a bold pre-filled departure number as well as a written FINS#. I am very confused which of these numbers I need to use for filing the EAD. Can anyone tell me??
The pre-printed number is the I-94 number. You can use this for line 10 on the I-765.

I've not heard of a "FINS#" - describe the number, please. How many digits, any alpha characters, any embedded dashes or spaces?
Also, it is asking for two photographs. Are these the front facing or the 3/4 view ones??
The section of the instruction that asks for the photographs gives a very good description of what they should look like....

Regards, JEff
Old May 6th 2004, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

I don't know if the K3 visa looks any different depending on which country you got it in..... but my K3 visa has a section "Annotations" ..... under that section there is the PET#, the A# (which is in my case 9 digits long, and has no letters in it) and the PETITIONER .... this is all above the red visanumber.... and below the Issue Date and Expiration Date....
Old May 7th 2004, 3:48 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

sequoia,

Different consulates (perhaps even different consular officers?) may put different information in the 'Annotations' section of the visa. My wife's K3 visa says "wife of JEff" in that section, nothing more.

What is a PET#? Is PET a code identifying the consulate? (Sureyya mentioned a FINS# in one of her posts.)

My wifes A# is also 9 digits long, but it does have an alpha in it - the first digit is an 'A' followed by 8 numerics. It does not appear anywhere on her visa.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by sequoia
I don't know if the K3 visa looks any different depending on which country you got it in..... but my K3 visa has a section "Annotations" ..... under that section there is the PET#, the A# (which is in my case 9 digits long, and has no letters in it) and the PETITIONER .... this is all above the red visanumber.... and below the Issue Date and Expiration Date....
Old May 7th 2004, 3:54 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jeffreyhy

I've not heard of a "FINS#" - describe the number, please. How many digits, any alpha characters, any embedded dashes or spaces?

Regards, JEff
The FINS# is a red hand stamp that looks like this:

FINS#_____________

In my husband's case, it is stamped on the I-94 and the K3 visa.

In the blank (on both the visa and I-94) there is a handwritten number:

########

No dashes or or alpha characters.

I have also been wondering what it is.
Old May 7th 2004, 4:01 am

Leslie,

Thanks. I don't recall seeing such a stamp on my wife's visa or I-94. I do recall a red triangular-shaped stamp in which is written her classification (K3). I think.

I'll look again

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Leslie66
The FINS# is a red hand stamp that looks like this:

FINS#_____________

In my husband's case, it is stamped on the I-94 and the K3 visa.

In the blank (on both the visa and I-94) there is a handwritten number:

########

No dashes or or alpha characters.

I have also been wondering what it is.
Old May 7th 2004, 4:17 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Leslie,

Thanks. I don't recall seeing such a stamp on my wife's visa or I-94. I do recall a red triangular-shaped stamp in which is written her classification (K3). I think.

I'll look again

Regards, JEff
Whatever it is, it was written in both places by the officer at the POE.
Old May 7th 2004, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

JJ&ST is an unknown quantity at this point

The Alien Registration Number(A-Number). If this is same as the number on the Visa,then its located at the lower left hand side of the visa,below the word "Annotation" (A#.................)

The I-94 Number is on the pre-printed form(Arrival/Departure Record) given and stamped at POE.Located top left.

***Note: With reference to visa issued at US embassy Nigeria.
Old May 7th 2004, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

sequoia,

Different consulates (perhaps even different consular officers?) may put different information in the 'Annotations' section of the visa. My wife's K3 visa says "wife of JEff" in that section, nothing more.

What is a PET#? Is PET a code identifying the consulate? (Sureyya mentioned a FINS# in one of her posts.)

My wifes A# is also 9 digits long, but it does have an alpha in it - the first digit is an 'A' followed by 8 numerics. It does not appear anywhere on her visa.

Regards, JEff
That is very interesting to know. That might be a good explanation for some POE experiences with officers who don't exactly know which visa you are presenting to them.... The PET # on my visa is the petition (receipt) number for my I-129F .... so it starts with MSC XXXXXXXXX. In any way I don't see any FINS# on the visa or on the I-94 at all.... but the officer at the POE put my A# on the back of my I-94 ....and on the front of the I-94 there is just this Class until stamp.....
Old May 7th 2004, 8:35 am

sequoia,

Thanks for the additional information. This is indeed very interesting. It seems clear that POE officers as well as consular officers handle some of the details differently.

Leslie explained the FINS# in 1 of her posts. I have checked my wife's passport and I can now confirm that neither that number, nor the petition receipt number, nor the A# was put on either the visa by the consular officer or in the passport or on the I-94 by the POE officer.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by sequoia
That is very interesting to know. That might be a good explanation for some POE experiences with officers who don't exactly know which visa you are presenting to them.... The PET # on my visa is the petition (receipt) number for my I-129F .... so it starts with MSC XXXXXXXXX. In any way I don't see any FINS# on the visa or on the I-94 at all.... but the officer at the POE put my A# on the back of my I-94 ....and on the front of the I-94 there is just this Class until stamp.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.