Wikiposts

EAD and I-94

Old Apr 21st 2010, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute
Default EAD and I-94

Hi experts,

This question is on behalf of a relative so if you need more information happy to provide.

Husband is on H1B (last stage of GC)
Wife is on EAD (Card due to expire 08/2010)

Husband and wife went out of US and upon arrival (around Jan 2008), wife was given a paroled I-94 valid upto Jan 2009 (i.e. not stamped until the EAD expiry).

The question is, is there any issue? Does the I-94 need some kind of extension application (due in Jan 2010)?

Let me know.
Cheers
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD and I-94

Originally Posted by E3only
Hi experts,

This question is on behalf of a relative so if you need more information happy to provide.

Husband is on H1B (last stage of GC)
Wife is on EAD (Card due to expire 08/2010)

Husband and wife went out of US and upon arrival (around Jan 2008), wife was given a paroled I-94 valid upto Jan 2009 (i.e. not stamped until the EAD expiry).

The question is, is there any issue? Does the I-94 need some kind of extension application (due in Jan 2010)?

Let me know.
Cheers
If she is on advance parole then isn't she ok until her AP document expires? and then all she has to do is renew the AP doc???
(this is what I have been doing for the past 18 months)
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

I just put up a question. I have not idea of the answer.

So sorry, waht is the advanced parole - is this same as I94 and how does one extend it?
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 3:11 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by E3only
So sorry, waht is the advanced parole - is this same as I94 and how does one extend it?
No, it's not the same as an I-94. She doesn't need any extension since she's in the country legally and under "color of law" until there's a decision on the underlying I-485 adjustment (regardless of the date on the I-94). If you don't understand terms such as "advance parole" and "I-94" feel free to use Google... it's a truly amazing reference tool.

By the way, I'd have been surprised if the I-94 was stamped to the expiry date on her EAD.

Ian
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

rotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nicerotoiti is just really nice

I don't recall filling out I-94s when I was traveling on Advance Parole but that was back in 2003/2004.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
No, it's not the same as an I-94. She doesn't need any extension since she's in the country legally and under "color of law" until there's a decision on the underlying I-485 adjustment (regardless of the date on the I-94). If you don't understand terms such as "advance parole" and "I-94" feel free to use Google... it's a truly amazing reference tool.

By the way, I'd have been surprised if the I-94 was stamped to the expiry date on her EAD.

Ian
Appreciated......

I get that now. Thanks.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rotoiti
I don't recall filling out I-94s when I was traveling on Advance Parole but that was back in 2003/2004.
still have I-94s when using advanced parole.

Never been asked to show EAD when entering the US,it's never been related to my I 94 in any way.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 4:48 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisa67
Never been asked to show EAD when entering the US,it's never been related to my I 94 in any way.
I'm not surprised! There's a good reason for that... and you've answered it yourself.

Ian
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I'm not surprised! There's a good reason for that... and you've answered it yourself.

Ian
Glad that I seem to understand something about my case