Wikiposts

EAD I-765 form for K3

Old Jan 31st 2003, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Susie is an unknown quantity at this point

So if I file a NEW I-130 in Memphis at the same time as my AOS, they will both be processed at Memphis?

And does that mean that the one at TSC is VOID?

Thanks!
Old Jan 31st 2003, 7:33 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Susie
So if I file a NEW I-130 in Memphis at the same time as my AOS, they will both be processed at Memphis?

And does that mean that the one at TSC is VOID?

Thanks!
Hi:

Please avoid the word "void" -- it is just fine. If you file a second one and it is approved, then the first one become superflorous -- meaningless. Nothing void about, just of no account.

And if it should get approved while the adjustment is pending, then you just show the approval to the Memphis people.

Don't worry -- its a win-win situation.
Old Feb 1st 2003, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

So does the second I-130 get processed at Memphis or sent to TSC?

Susie
Old Feb 1st 2003, 2:46 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Susie
So does the second I-130 get processed at Memphis or sent to TSC?

Susie
Hi:

What's TSC got to do with it. You would be filing a "combined processing" I-130/485 and those ALWAYS are processed at the local district.

IMHO, you should not be required to file a second I-130 and Memphis should retrieve the I-130 from TSC and TSC would then be happy to be rid of it and chalk up one I-130 as having been disposed of.

[When annual audit time comes up, INS makes a huge collective effort to get those applications flying out of the office in order to improve the numbers, even if it means going into storage at the NRC in Missouri].
Old Feb 1st 2003, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

thats what I wanted to know... so when I file for my AOS in Memphis, they will get TSC to send them my file (even if its not processed yet) and Memphis will be the one to finish processing it?

So it would actually be quicker (by whatever amount of time it would take to request and receive the file from TSC) to just file a new I-130. See that makes sense now... I didnt realize they would send the original petition over to Memphis.

Thanks!