Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

EAD Frustrations and question

EAD Frustrations and question

Old Oct 15th 2015, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Dally is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry EAD Frustrations and question

More of a vent than anything else and to see if anyone else has had similar issues:

Arrived in the US on K1 end of April, married and filed for AOS, EAD and AP within the 90 day time frame. Had biometrics appointment etc. At the end of September, I received an Request for Evidence requesting I had already provided. I filled out the EAD in my married name as suggested by the WIKI, however they came back and said there was an application conflict regarding my full legal name and please send marriage certificate etc. They already had a copy of my marriage certificate - in fact they had 3! One with each application!

Anyway after finally getting through to a human at USCIS I have been advised that the timer on my case had actually started again when they received the returned information (for the second time) meaning its effectively another 60 odd days from now of processing time. Especially frustrating when I have a potential employer waiting on me.

Has anyone else had this problem of asking for information already sent and is it a delaying tactic? Was your EAD processed swiftly after sending in the return information?
Old Oct 20th 2015, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

davenot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EAD Frustrations and question

EAD/AP combo came in 80 odd days. I put a service request in after 75 days and was mailed 4 days later. My I-485 to adjust my status from K1 was a RFE within 30 days. I sent the paperwork off, even though I thought that I initially had it all correct, and I awaited a response which took them 5 months. So, after 60 days or so do a service request and see what happens. It's normal, and many people go through it. There are people that have waited 6 months already with EAD in their hands then receive a Notice of potential interview waiver case letter, telling them they may not require an interview and there is a 6 month delay in processing, at the end of which they required an interview plus a new medical as the old i693 expired. Also, other people waiting 16 months on to get a conditional green card. So, lots of people are in the same boat. Fortunate for some have received green cards and such in less than 4 months. It's hard to tell and the field offices aren't exactly operating on time and most things don't seem to leave the NBC which can approve petitions as they please seemingly. Good luck