EAD Frustration

Old May 8th 2008, 8:33 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD Frustration

Originally Posted by watersej
I didn't explain that the online info was in reference to my i-485 app. Also, i just noticed it says 60 days...
But it says "unless an interview is a standard part of case processing", which for an I-485, it is.

You can always make an Infopass appointment to go ask in person, though. That's really the only way to get a concrete answer, even if they tell you to just keep waiting.

Rene
Old May 8th 2008, 8:35 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I see...so the i-485 part of case status online says it was last updated 02/07/08...I got the request for my birth cert (which was in the original package - i checked my photocopy of the app.) and sent it overnight the next day so i guess since i heard nothing else it should mean it is correctly filed right? Or is the key to assume nothing where immigration applications are concerned?!

i hope i hear something soon too! I will certainly raise heck if nothing is forthcoming next week! I am already at 90 days!
Thanks
Oh, if you got an RFE on your I-485, all processing estimates and commitments are out the door for you, I'm afraid. You may find that your Green Card arrives before your EAD.
Old May 8th 2008, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

watersej is just really nicewatersej is just really nicewatersej is just really nicewatersej is just really nicewatersej is just really nicewatersej is just really nicewatersej is just really nicewatersej is just really nice

Originally Posted by meauxna
Oh, if you got an RFE on your I-485, all processing estimates and commitments are out the door for you, I'm afraid. You may find that your Green Card arrives before your EAD.
Wow, that sucks...and there isn't a chance of expediting or anything?
That makes it all the more frustrating since the only piece of evidence they requested was in the original package sent in the first place!

Can they go through all this stuff at an infopass interview?
Old May 8th 2008, 8:48 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that sucks...and there isn't a chance of expediting or anything?
That makes it all the more frustrating since the only piece of evidence they requested was in the original package sent in the first place!

Can they go through all this stuff at an infopass interview?
Go through what stuff?

The local offices no longer give out temp EADs, unfortunately. The best they can do is make sure your biometrics have been taken. But in your case, you already know they have.
Old May 8th 2008, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

watersej is just really nicewatersej is just really nicewatersej is just really nicewatersej is just really nicewatersej is just really nicewatersej is just really nicewatersej is just really nicewatersej is just really nice

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Go through what stuff?

The local offices no longer give out temp EADs, unfortunately. The best they can do is make sure your biometrics have been taken. But in your case, you already know they have.
Sorry, by stuff I meant go through the ins and outs of my case...but you gave me the answer that the liklihood is not.

So what would the infopass interview do for me in the long run...put my case back on the radar? Is it naive to think of it in that way?
Old May 8th 2008, 9:00 am

Sorry, by stuff I meant go through the ins and outs of my case...but you gave me the answer that the liklihood is not.

So what would the infopass interview do for me in the long run...put my case back on the radar? Is it naive to think of it in that way?
In my opinion, an Infopass in your situation won't be of much value. If you had missed getting your biometrics appointment letter, yes...or if you had not received an RFE, yes.

But as meauxna said, the RFE kind of threw everything off base. Everything is put on hold until the RFE is resolved...and I don't know if USCIS simply receiving it is enough, or if they need to process something, match it up to your file, and then issue an NOA (did you receive one?).

I really think about the only thing they will do at an Infopass for you is look at the computer and say yep, you've done everything you're supposed to. Just continue waiting. They can probably only tell you what you already know...that your RFE was received, that your biometrics are done, and now you're just in the waiting game. But of course you'll never know unless you try.
Old May 8th 2008, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

In my opinion, an Infopass in your situation won't be of much value. If you had missed getting your biometrics appointment letter, yes...or if you had not received an RFE, yes.

But as meauxna said, the RFE kind of threw everything off base. Everything is put on hold until the RFE is resolved...and I don't know if USCIS simply receiving it is enough, or if they need to process something, match it up to your file, and then issue an NOA (did you receive one?).

I really think about the only thing they will do at an Infopass for you is look at the computer and say yep, you've done everything you're supposed to. Just continue waiting. They can probably only tell you what you already know...that your RFE was received, that your biometrics are done, and now you're just in the waiting game. But of course you'll never know unless you try.
damn that RFE!!

I am going to check at home to see if I did get a NOA...i think i did, which pretty much says the same thing that the online information does.

Och, the waiting game...my least favourite of games!

Thanks Rene, Meauxna and Knight for the advise
Old May 8th 2008, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

damn that RFE!!

I am going to check at home to see if I did get a NOA...i think i did, which pretty much says the same thing that the online information does.

Och, the waiting game...my least favourite of games!

Thanks Rene, Meauxna and Knight for the advise
Just go home and checked my file...I didn't actually get a further NOA after i sent the request for evidence. I also now have read over the request letter i got for the 'applicant's birth certificate'...which they now have two copies of since i sent this in the original package.

So i should get an infopass for sure since i didn't get an NOA in the post...I figured it was enough to have a notice online that they received the evidence.

Is there anything I should look for orr make note of?

Thanks,
Emma
Old May 8th 2008, 11:27 am

Just go home and checked my file...I didn't actually get a further NOA after i sent the request for evidence. I also now have read over the request letter i got for the 'applicant's birth certificate'...which they now have two copies of since i sent this in the original package.

So i should get an infopass for sure since i didn't get an NOA in the post...I figured it was enough to have a notice online that they received the evidence.

Thanks,
Emma
You might not get a second NOA notice. I was just trying to see if you got something else from USCIS saying an official, "we got your response and have resumed processing your case", but I don't know if it's common to get something like that or not.

Really the only way to get any answers at all is via an Infopass, please keep us posted on what happens! Bring anything related to your case (NOA's, proof of biometrics done, etc).

Rene
Old May 8th 2008, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

You might not get a second NOA notice. I was just trying to see if you got something else from USCIS saying an official, "we got your response and have resumed processing your case", but I don't know if it's common to get something like that or not.

Really the only way to get any answers at all is via an Infopass, please keep us posted on what happens! Bring anything related to your case (NOA's, proof of biometrics done, etc).

Rene
Yep, the only thing i got was the online update.
Well, I have the appt. for tuesday morning so hopefully we'll get some resolution from that.

Thanks for your help!
Old May 8th 2008, 11:36 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,
Emma
Emma, there is a Notice of Receipt (NOA1) and a Notice of Approval (NOA2).
There is normally no notice that an answer to an RFE/Request for Evidence has been received. That's why you want to mail it with a tracking option, so you will know it's delivered.
The good news is, processing picks up almost immediately after you get your RFE answer in.
Old May 8th 2008, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

I just got the first NOA, nothing since we filed our application package until i got the RFE and my biometrics appt. letter. So this is what it says online

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On February 6, 2008, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you.

So i know they got it, also my husband sent it recorded in some way. But even that was more than 90 days ago, hence my confusion...
I hope that the infopass will shed some light on the situation.
You know the thing that gets my goat the most is that the bloody birth certificate they asked for was in the original filing!
Old May 8th 2008, 11:49 am

I just got the first NOA, nothing since we filed our application package until i got the RFE and my biometrics appt. letter. So this is what it says online

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On February 6, 2008, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you.

So i know they got it, also my husband sent it recorded in some way. But even that was more than 90 days ago, hence my confusion...
I hope that the infopass will shed some light on the situation.
You know the thing that gets my goat the most is that the bloody birth certificate they asked for was in the original filing!
Bring a printout of that online message with you to the Infopass.

It's fairly common for USCIS to misplace items in your package, and then request the same thing from you again. Ugh.

Rene