EAD Frustration

Old May 8th 2008, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

watersej is just really nicewatersej is just really nicewatersej is just really nicewatersej is just really nicewatersej is just really nicewatersej is just really nicewatersej is just really nicewatersej is just really nice
Question EAD Frustration

Hi Everyone,

Quick questions about EAD timing...We filed all the required docs for adjustment of status and received the NOA Jan 15th....since then I've been waiting pretty patiently for my EAD to come in and also was hoping to get some update on my advanced parole app. Haven't heard anything and looked at the processing dates which have now passed the date my app. was received. Also, a friend who is going through the same process and filed everything herself as we have done just got notice that both EAD and AP were approved and being sent out....she filed everything about one month after us.

Is this something to be concerned about because I am beginning to panic a bit (also been on a leave of absence for FAR longer than anticipated). Is there anything I can do?

Thanks!
Emma
Old May 8th 2008, 7:14 am
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD Frustration

Originally Posted by watersej
Hi Everyone,

Quick questions about EAD timing...We filed all the required docs for adjustment of status and received the NOA Jan 15th....since then I've been waiting pretty patiently for my EAD to come in and also was hoping to get some update on my advanced parole app. Haven't heard anything and looked at the processing dates which have now passed the date my app. was received. Also, a friend who is going through the same process and filed everything herself as we have done just got notice that both EAD and AP were approved and being sent out....she filed everything about one month after us.

Is this something to be concerned about because I am beginning to panic a bit (also been on a leave of absence for FAR longer than anticipated). Is there anything I can do?

Thanks!
Emma
Just because your friend made a similar application to you and was approved before you doesn't mean that something is wrong with your application. Many factors effect the approval time of any application, and just because the reasons for filing are the same doesn't mean the situation and how they are handled will be.

If you think there might be a problem with your EAD and AP applications, and they are outside the listed USCIS processing times, you could go ahead and make an infopass appointment to try and speak to someone about it.
Old May 8th 2008, 7:18 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Emma, have you been scheduled for a biometrics appointment?
Old May 8th 2008, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

watersej is just really nicewatersej is just really nicewatersej is just really nicewatersej is just really nicewatersej is just really nicewatersej is just really nicewatersej is just really nicewatersej is just really nice

i had it back in february
Old May 8th 2008, 7:32 am
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute

Have you registered for electronic case updates? You can track your cases online and see not just when they were approved, but if anyone has even worked on your case (indicated by a change in the date but not in the actual status of the case).

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp
Old May 8th 2008, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Knight
Just because your friend made a similar application to you and was approved before you doesn't mean that something is wrong with your application. Many factors effect the approval time of any application, and just because the reasons for filing are the same doesn't mean the situation and how they are handled will be.

If you think there might be a problem with your EAD and AP applications, and they are outside the listed USCIS processing times, you could go ahead and make an infopass appointment to try and speak to someone about it.
Yeah, i know i shouldn't look at other people's application as any indication that mine will be handled similarly. I don't think there is anything wrong with my application. I have just been a bit more antsy about it after seeing that the processing dates are beyond when our app. was received.

What exactly does an infopass appt. consist of, ie. is there an 'officer' there, or is it the same people who are on the helpline (who in my experience haven't been overwhelmingly helpful).

And yes, I have signed up for online case status updates and all forms still have jan 15th as the date (aside from the 1-485 for which I had to submit an extra doc and the date for that one is feb 6th)...
Old May 8th 2008, 7:40 am
Twice half his height

And yes, I have signed up for online case status updates and all forms still have jan 15th as the date (aside from the 1-485 for which I had to submit an extra doc and the date for that one is feb 6th)...
I am suprised that there was not an update following the biometrics you had in Feb. Saying that, the Case Status tool is not the most reliable thing in the world. Some people never see their cases appear there, some people see it once and never get an update until they see their immigration benefit in the mail, and some people get spammed with the same update many times, sometimes after the benefit arrives in the mail.

Your best bet at the moment is probably an infopass appointment. I've never had to use one, and I am not really sure what they involve, other than you are talking with a real person and not just someone who would normally answer the USCIS information lines.
Old May 8th 2008, 7:53 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Emma,

Two things jump out at me here:

1. It typically can take up to 90 days after the biometrics appointment to get an EAD approval. Not sure when you had them done in February, but it's probably just now coming to be around 90 days from that time.

2. If you received an RFE on the I-485, that can also slow down the EAD processing, because the EAD approval is based on a correctly filed I-485. The I-485 isn't considered correctly filed until USCIS has all the information they need on it, i.e. after they received the response to the RFE. So there's another reason for a delay.

Hope you do hear something soon!
Rene
Old May 8th 2008, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Knight
I am suprised that there was not an update following the biometrics you had in Feb. Saying that, the Case Status tool is not the most reliable thing in the world. Some people never see their cases appear there, some people see it once and never get an update until they see their immigration benefit in the mail, and some people get spammed with the same update many times, sometimes after the benefit arrives in the mail.

Your best bet at the moment is probably an infopass appointment. I've never had to use one, and I am not really sure what they involve, other than you are talking with a real person and not just someone who would normally answer the USCIS information lines.
Ok, i took a look at the case status and it looks like the employment auth. app. was looked at....it says it was last updated 02/06/08.

So i will look into infopass.

Can anyone else tell me what i might expect at this appt?
Old May 8th 2008, 7:57 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, i took a look at the case status and it looks like the employment auth. app. was looked at....it says it was last updated 02/06/08.

So i will look into infopass.

Can anyone else tell me what i might expect at this appt?
In my opinion, you can expect the person at the desk to say "hmmm, I see on our computer that you filed an I-765 and had your biometrics done for it. You should be getting the EAD in the mail anytime now."

Rene
Old May 8th 2008, 8:01 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

i had it back in february
hehe.. Rene, just see your post now.

I was going to say: count forward 90 days from that appointment and then raise heck.
Old May 8th 2008, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Emma,

Two things jump out at me here:

1. It typically can take up to 90 days after the biometrics appointment to get an EAD approval. Not sure when you had them done in February, but it's probably just now coming to be around 90 days from that time.

2. If you received an RFE on the I-485, that can also slow down the EAD processing, because the EAD approval is based on a correctly filed I-485. The I-485 isn't considered correctly filed until USCIS has all the information they need on it, i.e. after they received the response to the RFE. So there's another reason for a delay.

Hope you do hear something soon!
Rene
I see...so the i-485 part of case status online says it was last updated 02/07/08...I got the request for my birth cert (which was in the original package - i checked my photocopy of the app.) and sent it overnight the next day so i guess since i heard nothing else it should mean it is correctly filed right? Or is the key to assume nothing where immigration applications are concerned?!

i hope i hear something soon too! I will certainly raise heck if nothing is forthcoming next week! I am already at 90 days!
Thanks
Old May 8th 2008, 8:12 am

I see...so the i-485 part of case status online says it was last updated 02/07/08...I got the request for my birth cert (which was in the original package - i checked my photocopy of the app.) and sent it overnight the next day so i guess since i heard nothing else it should mean it is correctly filed right? Or is the key to assume nothing where immigration applications are concerned?!
I wouldn't assume anything, if I were you. Did you get an NOA yet on the I-485?

i hope i hear something soon too! I will certainly raise heck if nothing is forthcoming next week! I am already at 90 days!
Thanks
Are you past 90 days from your biometrics date for the EAD?

Rene
Old May 8th 2008, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I wouldn't assume anything, if I were you. Did you get an NOA yet on the I-485?

Are you past 90 days from your biometrics date for the EAD?

Rene
I am not at home at the moment to look at my docs, but this is what it says online:

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On February 6, 2008, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I had the biometrics Feb 5th so i'm at 101 days...Is it 90 business days? Surely not....
Old May 8th 2008, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

I am not at home at the moment to look at my docs, but this is what it says online:

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On February 6, 2008, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I had the biometrics Feb 5th so i'm at 101 days...Is it 90 business days? Surely not....
I didn't explain that the online info was in reference to my i-485 app. Also, i just noticed it says 60 days...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.