Wikiposts

EAD expiring

Old Sep 20th 2007, 2:15 am
Just Joined

sharon2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EAD expiring

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Sorry, I don't understand your situation. Your green card is in process (visa what? AOS?), but you are waiting for an interview in Montreal (for what?)

What case was closed? What was your status in the USA when your case was closed?

Can you elaborate?

Rene
I got my K3 visa 2 years ago. On that basis, I got my EAD and SSN. I got a job in the USA but I never applied for AOS. Then I lost my job this year and went back to Canada. I received a letter in my CAnada mail warning to apply for immigrant visa before they close my file. So I did whatever was required. In the mean while I got a job in USA again. I provided them with my SSN and EAD.
I called the NVC in NH Portsmouth and they told me that my file was ok and got closed on July 12th. They have sent it for scheduling which only happens on the 2nd or third week for montreal embassy for the following month. They still haven't sceduled me and my employer was saying ur work auth expiring so I told her my visa is in process.
This is my dillema. I have an excellent job and can't affor to loose it. I will be devastated.
I hope u understand everything now.
I have also aplied for renewal of visa and EAD. I got NOA that's it.They took the money a month ago but no reply sice then.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 3:22 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharon2005
I have also aplied for renewal of visa and EAD. I got NOA that's it.They took the money a month ago but no reply sice then.
I understand now, thanks. Well, you've applied for the EAD renewal, so all you can do is wait for it to come in the mail. Unless you have a valid EAD, you can't get hired. It seems to take about 90 days to get the EAD in hand, so if you applied a month ago, you probably have another couple of months to wait. You might even have your immigrant visa interview before you get the EAD, who knows.

But until you have a valid EAD in your hand OR you enter the USA using your immigrant visa, you cannot get employed in the USA.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Sep 20th 2007, 6:39 am
Just Joined

sharon2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I understand now, thanks. Well, you've applied for the EAD renewal, so all you can do is wait for it to come in the mail. Unless you have a valid EAD, you can't get hired. It seems to take about 90 days to get the EAD in hand, so if you applied a month ago, you probably have another couple of months to wait. You might even have your immigrant visa interview before you get the EAD, who knows.

But until you have a valid EAD in your hand OR you enter the USA using your immigrant visa, you cannot get employed in the USA.

Best Wishes,
Rene
thanks Rene