Wikiposts

EAD-Dallas

Old Aug 16th 2002, 11:38 am
Koheve

Default EAD-Dallas

Hello!

Thought I'd share my recent experience about my EAD. Applied via mail on February 9,
2002. Didn't here from INS (Aug 2002) since receiving the receipt for my
application, so I've decided to walk in to inquire about my case (have tried fax and
phone...no chance of getting through)

Was in line on a Monday at about 11.30am. Got in by 1.00pm and waited until about
3.15pm before I was called to the information counter. Only to found out that I was
scheduled to get my EAD on Feb 14, 2002. The bad news is, the EAD department closes
at 2.30pm, the good news is I get to come in at 5.00am to wait in line again!!!

The next day (Tue), waited in line since 5.30am, walked in by 7.30am, directed to the
EAD department to drop my forms and ADIT pictures by 7.45am. In about 10 minutes, I
was called in and my photo was taken (ADIT again) and voila.... I'm fully authorized
to work in the US of A!!!

Lesson learned: Its definitely worthwhile to wait in line, to inquire about your
case THAN waiting in vain.

Evelyn Metheny