Wikiposts

EAD confusion

Old Jan 28th 2004, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

monica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nice
Default EAD confusion

If I came here on K1 and get married, am I allowed to work after the wedding or do I have to apply for an EAD and posses one? I am really confused about all this process, as I am here for 3 weeks and still don't know where to start from to be eligible to work legally here! (I applied for a SSN but that takes 30-60 days). We'll be getting married on the 13th of March and I don't know if is something I should do now to help me be eligible to work as soon as possible!
Thank you!
Old Jan 28th 2004, 6:11 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD confusion

Originally posted by monica&ed
If I came here on K1 and get married, am I allowed to work after the wedding or do I have to apply for an EAD and posses one? I am really confused about all this process, as I am here for 3 weeks and still don't know where to start from to be eligible to work legally here! (I applied for a SSN but that takes 30-60 days). We'll be getting married on the 13th of March and I don't know if is something I should do now to help me be eligible to work as soon as possible!
Thank you!
You will need an EAD in order to be allowed to work (in addition to your SS#). Apply for your EAD along with your AOS after you are married.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

monica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nice

So, do I need to posess the EAD after I get married to be allowed to work? If so, I won't be able to work until the EAD will be approved, right?
Old Jan 28th 2004, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by monica&ed
So, do I need to posess the EAD after I get married to be allowed to work? If so, I won't be able to work until the EAD will be approved, right?

Yup! It really sucks doesn't it We're looking to apply for AOS/EAD soon...weather permitting and then we'll have to wait for the EAD to be processed before my husband can work. My advice is have everything in order for your AOS/EAD app so you can apply as soon as possible after you're married.

Good luck!!!

MarDae
Old Jan 28th 2004, 8:57 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MarDae
My advice is have everything in order for your AOS/EAD app so you can apply as soon as possible after you're married.
I second that. Just makesure you prepare all the paperwork so that you can file them ASAP after you get married. Depending on where you live it can take up to 3 months for you to receive your EAD (3 months from the NOA/their acknowledgement that is,not 3 months from when you send it). To figure out how long your district office is currently taking to process the applications follow this link: https://egov.immigration.gov/graphic...ocesstimes.jsp
Old Jan 29th 2004, 10:38 am
Shussbar

> (I
    >applied for a SSN but that takes 30-60 days).

Try to call them, they might have the # already. The card will come later

Old Jan 29th 2004, 12:29 pm
Michael D. Young

Shussbar wrote:

> > (I
    > >applied for a SSN but that takes 30-60 days).
    > Try to call them, they might have the # already. The card will come later

Don't waste your time calling. Look at EM-03061

You need to go back into the office to check on the status of an SSN
application and take your documents with you. Ask them to check SAVE again.
Ask if they sent a G-845 and did it come back if you still can't verify
through SAVE.
Read and take EM-02091 with you.

http://policy.ssa.gov/public/referen...ttocategory=EM

Old Jan 29th 2004, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Help is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to allHelp is a name known to all

Originally posted by Michael D. Young
Shussbar wrote:
Wait i have seen some people get a Temp EAD, check the postings,

before getting married call the social people now!!!
    > > (I
    > >applied for a SSN but that takes 30-60 days).
    > Try to call them, they might have the # already. The card will come later

Don't waste your time calling. Look at EM-03061

You need to go back into the office to check on the status of an SSN
application and take your documents with you. Ask them to check SAVE again.
Ask if they sent a G-845 and did it come back if you still can't verify
through SAVE.
Read and take EM-02091 with you.

http://policy.ssa.gov/public/referen...ttocategory=EM