Wikiposts

EAD Card

Old Jun 23rd 2004, 6:03 am
round 2, ding-ding.

tortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nice
Default EAD Card

i just received my EAD through the mail from the missouri service center, and i've just noticed that they've got my name wrong.

they have my first and last name correct, but my middle initial wrong.

is this going to be a problem?

what can i do about it?

does it mean i will have to wait another 6 months to get another one?
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 6:21 am
USCIS Victim

YtsejaM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EAD Card

Originally posted by tortoise
i just received my EAD through the mail from the missouri service center, and i've just noticed that they've got my name wrong.

they have my first and last name correct, but my middle initial wrong.

is this going to be a problem?

what can i do about it?

does it mean i will have to wait another 6 months to get another one?
The letter that the card came attached to has instructions on how to go about correcting any errors on the card.
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 6:32 am
round 2, ding-ding.

tortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nicetortoise is just really nice

all it says is to call the uscis number, which i am doing now (i'm getting pretty good at following instructions). however, i was just wondering if anyone has any more information - has anyone had this happen to them before?

i found one post previously where they were asked to mail back the card, but hadn't heard anything more after about 2 months.

does anyone know if i can still get my SSN with this card?

i'm still on hold - waiting times for the misinformation line is about 30 mins at the moment.
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 6:40 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

all it says is to call the uscis number, which i am doing now (i'm getting pretty good at following instructions). however, i was just wondering if anyone has any more information - has anyone had this happen to them before?

i found one post previously where they were asked to mail back the card, but hadn't heard anything more after about 2 months.

does anyone know if i can still get my SSN with this card?

i'm still on hold - waiting times for the misinformation line is about 30 mins at the moment.

If it were me, I would get the job first, use the card as is, and then notify the USCIS that they ^&*( up and return the EAD for a new one. But be sure to make copies, front and back of the card before sending it back.

I would also apply for the SSN with the same card.

Rete
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 2:00 pm
Michael D. Young

tortoise wrote:

> does anyone know if i can still get my SSN with this card?

You can use the EAD card as proof of authorization to work to apply for
your SSN. The office will probably send a G-845 to verify your status if
the name on the EAD card doesn't match SAVE

Old Jun 23rd 2004, 5:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Michael D. Young
tortoise wrote:

> does anyone know if i can still get my SSN with this card?

You can use the EAD card as proof of authorization to work to apply for
your SSN. The office will probably send a G-845 to verify your status if
the name on the EAD card doesn't match SAVE
Hmmmm....be prepared to wait 8 weeks if they have to send for verification!! I'm not bitter, oh no, not me! LOL

Best Wishes,
Rene <----- Day 55 of waiting for verification from USCIS for SSN
Old Jun 24th 2004, 5:08 am
round 2, ding-ding.

thanks for your advice everyone.

noorah - yes, the wait for the SSN is incredible. i've been waiting a month now for the uscis to verify my account (even though i have my approval letter and EAD in my hand).

my husband and i are going to go to the local office on friday morning to show them these bits of info and see if that makes any difference.

i never realised that the SSN would be such a problem.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 5:17 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for your advice everyone.

noorah - yes, the wait for the SSN is incredible. i've been waiting a month now for the uscis to verify my account (even though i have my approval letter and EAD in my hand).

my husband and i are going to go to the local office on friday morning to show them these bits of info and see if that makes any difference.

i never realised that the SSN would be such a problem.
Hi tortoise,

Me neither! Of all the things I thought we'd have trouble with, SSN was not one of them. We did everything right, on time, by the book, and still got stuck in limbo-land.

If we haven't heard anything by July 6th, we are going to our local office also, in hopes that they can send verification immediately over to the local SS office. Problem is, hubby is only in town for the one day, and we have a ton of other errands to get done...and if Phoenix is as slow as I've heard, we could be there all day and not get everything else done.

Good luck to both of us
Rene