Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

EAD Biometrics Experience

EAD Biometrics Experience

Old Feb 9th 2004, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

Millana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EAD Biometrics Experience

My appointment was yesterday at 9 am. Living in upstate NY, I was told by BCIS to go to Latham Application Service Center. Me and my husband got there 30 mins earlier, was told by the security guard to wait for my name to be called, sat down, watch chinese and mexican applicants chatting animatedly. Finally, 25 mins after 9, I was called, done my finger printing and photo taking in less than 3 minutes. The lady who facilitated the procedure was very nice and have a very warm personality. She even told me I will be getting the card by mail in 2 to 3 weeks.

It was generally a great experience.

PS.

I requested for a fee waiver for EAD and didnt have to pay even for the $50 finger printing fee which is really great for me.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

jgbreton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EAD Biometrics Experience

Congrats!!
Old Feb 10th 2004, 1:50 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Millana

I requested for a fee waiver for EAD and didnt have to pay even for the $50 finger printing fee which is really great for me.

Congratulations on your speed.

Also you might want to thank everyone here for paying your fees for you. In case you weren't aware of it, the fees charged to for these petitions have a surcharge on them to faciliate the payment of your waived fees and those of aslyum and refugee seekers.

So, you are welcome. Happy that I was able to help you out of with your financial difficulties.

Rete
Old Feb 10th 2004, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

sequoia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rete

Also you might want to thank everyone here for paying your fees for you. In case you weren't aware of it, the fees charged to for these petitions have a surcharge on them to faciliate the payment of your waived fees and those of aslyum and refugee seekers.

So, you are welcome. Happy that I was able to help you out of with your financial difficulties.

Rete
Well... since I had my fingerprinting for the EAD done last saturday, and asked the lady on the phone (when I got my appointment) about the fees for it, she explained to me, that there is no fee for the EAD biometrics.... at least I didn't pay anything either, and wasn't even asked to pay...... I think the fingerprinting fee applies when you file for AOS.
Old Feb 13th 2004, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

Millana is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rete

Rete
No, I was not aware of that. Thank you for bringing that up and thanks everyone for helping me with my financial dilema. I am really very gratefull. I can only repay you with prayers for fast approvals of whatever you are applying for.

Thanks everyone!!