EAD arrived

Old May 6th 2008, 2:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default EAD arrived

Awesome - Keith got his EAD today, about 2 months from when he arrived in the US.

And his car
Old May 6th 2008, 2:37 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD arrived

Originally Posted by Tracym
Awesome - Keith got his EAD today, about 2 months from when he arrived in the US.

And his car
Congrats
Old May 6th 2008, 2:58 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

And his car
Very cool. Looks like they're speeding up on issuing EADs!
Old May 6th 2008, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

And his car
Congratulations....
Old May 6th 2008, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

Oooooh what car did you end up getting?

Congrats on the EAD, get him out to work!
Old May 6th 2008, 3:13 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chicagojlo
One of these puppies would be nice!

Ian
Attached Thumbnails EAD arrived-lamborghini.jpg  
Old May 6th 2008, 4:39 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

And his car
2 months after arriving.. how long from applying? This is his EAD based on his AOS/Adjustment of Status application correct?

Now that he's legal to work, I have this problem with the cat I wanted to ask him about...
Congrats on the steps forward!
Old May 6th 2008, 5:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chicagojlo

Congrats on the EAD, get him out to work!
We got the little Saturn, cheap. I'll put a pic of it up before too long.

Originally Posted by meauxna
2 months after arriving.. how long from applying? This is his EAD based on his AOS/Adjustment of Status application correct?

Now that he's legal to work, I have this problem with the cat I wanted to ask him about...
Congrats on the steps forward!
This is the EAD based on AOS. It was one month from what they stated as the receipt date, although I suspect they actually had the thing a couple weeks earlier.

He could have worked before that anyway - K-1 is authorized from date of entry, the temp EAD is only the evidence of that, not the actual permission (according to our lawyer). But he had the temp stamp, so he was work authorised from day 1.

Keith says feel free to ask the kitty question - either here, or feel free to pm me.
Old May 6th 2008, 6:00 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

We got the little Saturn, cheap. I'll put a pic of it up before too long.

This is the EAD based on AOS. It was one month from what they stated as the receipt date, although I suspect they actually had the thing a couple weeks earlier.

He could have worked before that anyway - K-1 is authorized from date of entry, the temp EAD is only the evidence of that, not the actual permission (according to our lawyer). But he had the temp stamp, so he was work authorised from day 1.

Keith says feel free to ask the kitty question - either here, or feel free to pm me.
So are you saying Keith got his EAD within one month of filing AOS?

Wow!
Rene
Old May 6th 2008, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Noorah101
So are you saying Keith got his EAD within one month of filing AOS?

Wow!
Rene
Probably about 6 weeks from when the paperwork was actually received by them - 1 month exactly from the listed receipt date.
Old May 6th 2008, 6:06 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Great news, to hear about a speedy EAD application!

The way the law appears to be worded is that K-1s are eligible to apply for employment authorization, not that they are already authorized by default. It's certainly been the topic of lively debate before.

About the cat, you can see from the photo that she has a cat head but a computer body!!!
I was just kidding about that, unless he's got an idea for reminding her that she is actually a Cat, not Queen of the World.
Old May 6th 2008, 6:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by meauxna
Great news, to hear about a speedy EAD application!

The way the law appears to be worded is that K-1s are eligible to apply for employment authorization, not that they are already authorized by default. It's certainly been the topic of lively debate before.

About the cat, you can see from the photo that she has a cat head but a computer body!!!
I was just kidding about that, unless he's got an idea for reminding her that she is actually a Cat, not Queen of the World.
The document I saw (ugh now I have to remember where) stated that holders of certain visa were authorised to work WITHOUT specific DHS authorization - and K-1 was on that list. I'll have to see if I can find the thingy.

Our attorney was saying without the stamp, he could write a letter for Keith to show employers.

Even if so however, you'd get tangled in the forms needed to fill out for employment, as you wouldn't have any forms to show the employer. So I'd still think going through JFK would be the best.
Old May 6th 2008, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

And his car
I should have done AOS instead of immigrant visa... that way I would have gotten a car too... now I had to buy one!

Congrats on the EAD and car Keith (and Tracy).
Old May 6th 2008, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by HunterGreen
I should have done AOS instead of immigrant visa... that way I would have gotten a car too... now I had to buy one!

Congrats on the EAD and car Keith (and Tracy).
Never said we didn't have to pay for it!

If I had it to do over again, we'd have done the immigrant visa for sure.

and Thank you.
Old May 7th 2008, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

And his car
Yay! Congrats!
I know how horrible it is to wait, mine should be here soon, if the USCIS site is accurate, they said 30 days, so

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.