Wikiposts

EAD Approved today!

Old Jul 11th 2005, 10:37 am
Banned

tshaalan1 will become famous soon enough
Default EAD Approved today!

Finally, 90 days to the minute. Filed EAD and AP on April 11, 2005. Today July 11, 2005 the EAD is approved. Nothing on the AP yet, although it has been touched today, but no change in status. No I just have to wait for EAD card to arrive. Good luck to all.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 10:55 am
Beans on Toast? Ugghh...

CharlieX has a spectacular aura aboutCharlieX has a spectacular aura aboutCharlieX has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: EAD Approved today!

we just picked up EAD last week. About 90 days as well.... No AP yet. That's the biggie as we already bought tickets to fly (yeah, yeah. I know.) Hoping AOS interview in 3 weeks will nullify any more baited wait times.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

bradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant future
Smile Re: EAD Approved today!

Hey there

Where did you file your application, was this for AOS or only EAD and AP??

Cheers
Bradg

Originally Posted by tshaalan1
Finally, 90 days to the minute. Filed EAD and AP on April 11, 2005. Today July 11, 2005 the EAD is approved. Nothing on the AP yet, although it has been touched today, but no change in status. No I just have to wait for EAD card to arrive. Good luck to all.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 12:02 pm
Beans on Toast? Ugghh...

CharlieX has a spectacular aura aboutCharlieX has a spectacular aura aboutCharlieX has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by bradg
Hey there

Cheers
Bradg
Los Angeles, on March 28th. It was for AOS and AP. This was 2 days before all initial AOS filings started being processed nationally, which I think partially explains why our AOS Interview is so soon (getting out the backlog)....worried AP was actually sent out.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 3:57 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by bradg
Hey there

Cheers
Bradg
Yes its for AOS. We filed I-130 and AOS on April 1, 2005 at the National Benefits Center.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 3:11 am
Just Joined

Butterfly8081 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Nothing approved yet...waiting for 99 days!

Yes its for AOS. We filed I-130 and AOS on April 1, 2005 at the National Benefits Center.
Our reciept dates for I-486/I-131/I-130/I-765 was on April 6, 2005...but the USCIS computer system says that our reciept dates are actually April 11, 2005. I did not receive my AP/EAD after 90 days...so I went to local office and got interim EAD on July 13. I am still waiting on the AP but nothing has changed yet. The last update date was April 14. I have to travel out soon too booked my ticket and all. We asked about AP when we were at the local office but they kept saying "DEATH or DYING ONLY"...Wouldnt give us a chance to explain our need to travel...Many people on other forums who applied after us recieved theirs. Don't know what to do. We called the 1800 number...but they just say what is mentioned on the case status website. We send them a letter a couple of days ago asking them to expedite...but i am not sure if thats going to help any. does anyone know what else i can do? Any suggestions? advice..?

Butterfly8081
Old Jul 15th 2005, 3:22 am
Banned

Default Re: Nothing approved yet...waiting for 99 days!

Originally Posted by Butterfly8081
Our reciept dates for I-486/I-131/I-130/I-765 was on April 6, 2005...but the USCIS computer system says that our reciept dates are actually April 11, 2005. I did not receive my AP/EAD after 90 days...so I went to local office and got interim EAD on July 13. I am still waiting on the AP but nothing has changed yet. The last update date was April 14. I have to travel out soon too booked my ticket and all. We asked about AP when we were at the local office but they kept saying "DEATH or DYING ONLY"...Wouldnt give us a chance to explain our need to travel...Many people on other forums who applied after us recieved theirs. Don't know what to do. We called the 1800 number...but they just say what is mentioned on the case status website. We send them a letter a couple of days ago asking them to expedite...but i am not sure if thats going to help any. does anyone know what else i can do? Any suggestions? advice..?

Butterfly8081
If your AP is not needed for an emergency, then there is no way you can get it sooner. And even if you need the AP for emergency travel, its difficult, because the only emergency USCIS recognizes is "death" and you have to prove that someone died. I have a friend who waited 8 months for her AP to be approved.

Good Luck
Old Jul 15th 2005, 4:10 am
Beans on Toast? Ugghh...

Default Re: Nothing approved yet...waiting for 99 days!

If your AP is not needed for an emergency, then there is no way you can get it sooner. And even if you need the AP for emergency travel, its difficult, because the only emergency USCIS recognizes is "death" and you have to prove that someone died. I have a friend who waited 8 months for her AP to be approved.

Good Luck
not necessarily. according to the ucsis website applying for AP only requires "An emergent personal or bona fide reason to travel temporarily abroad." Emergent meaning only "prominant" or "immediate." Talking to our lawyer, he explained that it really comes down to the officer you speak with and if they're having a good day.... but, then again, if you had to work at USCIS I'd imagine most days are bad days.

Can I just take this moment and say how frustrating and esoteric american immigration is. AHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Old Jul 15th 2005, 5:34 am
Just Joined

Butterfly8081 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Nothing approved yet...waiting for 99 days!

We told the lady at the counter that it has already been 90 days and we have to travel soon. We even told her that their website said that it would only take 30 to 90 days....but she kept repeating "Death or dying" like a mad woman. She said it 90 days is nothing, it could even take more than 120 sometimes and that their website didn't have the correct info. Why the hell do they have a website if they cannot post accurate info ?????? Very frustrating!
Old Jul 15th 2005, 6:09 am
Beans on Toast? Ugghh...

Angry Re: Nothing approved yet...waiting for 99 days!

Originally Posted by Butterfly8081
We told the lady at the counter that it has already been 90 days and we have to travel soon. We even told her that their website said that it would only take 30 to 90 days....but she kept repeating "Death or dying" like a mad woman. She said it 90 days is nothing, it could even take more than 120 sometimes and that their website didn't have the correct info. Why the hell do they have a website if they cannot post accurate info ?????? Very frustrating!

RANT RANT RANT:

it's rather shameful how they run things. i honestly cannot fathom beyond some beaurocratic nonsense why visiting your home country during an AOS is a problem. Why? Why? Why? It's simply punishment, as far as I can figure. Someone, somewhere, (who, being American, probably doesn't even own a passport) decided to write these innane rules and it stuck. I imagine it's some thickheaded backlash against terrorists (now you can't go home and bring back guns and drugs and bombs for 6 months). Just as why nail clippers weren't allowed on planes. You wonder why there's such a problem with illegal immigration in the US? It's because legal immigration is harder and more frustrating.

furthermore I have a friend in NY who had a terminally ill grandmother. She went to infopass to get travel documents, and they gave her a world of crap about it. this was including a fax from the MD in England. the lack of compassion is utterly embarassing.

I apologize for my country, to all you foreign citizens, that we run this place like an insane asylum. I look at the requiremets for me to immigrate with my wife to the UK and can't believe how simple it seems.

Good luck to everyone, hang in there.