EAD approval question-please help

Wikiposts

EAD approval question-please help

Old Jul 17th 2005, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

djuice is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EAD approval question-please help

My case status for I-765 says
"This case has been approved. On July 8th, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. Bla bla bla..."
Others got card ordered/card mailed etc. I haven't. Does that mean NBC haven't ordered the card yet? ( from what the ins agent told me they order the card to be manufactured/build/constructed somewhere else and she wasn't sure if that was done )
Since then I have not received anything.
Questions?
1) Should I have to wait for the message for the card being mailed out?Or did people get their EAD after seeing this message?
2) In general it seems that it is taking 6 days for the card to arrive...Mine has passed 9 days and I called USCIS and they told me it might take 1 month for me to actually get the card....Is it the general bullsh*t message they tell us or can I do anything about expediting the card?
3) Do you actually receive an approval notice on mail or the actual card itself?

Mine is family based ( married to a US citizen) I-765 mailed to NBC.
Received Date may 2nd
Biometrics June 7th
Approval date July 8th
EAD card received ?????

Please comment. I was supposed to start work from Tuesday. Nothing in the mail so very concerned.
thank you

Last edited by djuice; Jul 17th 2005 at 2:49 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2005, 2:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD approval question-please help

Hi,

Have you done the biometrics yet? I couldn't quite tell from your post where you are at in the EAD process.

Don't pay too much attention to the on-line status. That isn't a very reliable way of tracking progress, as they don't always update it on time or even at all.

After sending the I-765 to the Chicago lockbox, you should receive an NOA which has instructions on making the biometrics appointment. In our case, my husband's EAD card came in the mail 3.5 weeks after his biometrics appointment.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jul 17th 2005, 3:06 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

If you haven't received your EAD card in 90 days (not counting the time from NOA received date to biometrics date), then you can go into your local office via an Infopass appointment, and get an interim EAD card until the 1-year one arrives in the mail. But hopefully you'll get it before that.

Rene
Old Jul 17th 2005, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

Please answer after reading my post.
Please be kind enought to post only if you know the answer to the question I posed.

( i already know that you can get an interim EAD after 90 days bla bla)
and for the previous post .. don't be mislead like the previous user said to get an interim EAD. Once your EAD has been approved you cannot get an interim EAD since it already has been approved. Interim EAD is for those whose case is pending for more than 90 days....not for people whos ecase has been approved or on hold
thank you
Old Jul 17th 2005, 3:31 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by djuice
Please answer after reading my post.
Please be kind enought to post only if you know the answer to the question I posed.

( i already know that you can get an interim EAD after 90 days bla bla)
and for the previous post .. don't be mislead like the previous user said to get an interim EAD. Once your EAD has been approved you cannot get an interim EAD since it already has been approved. Interim EAD is for those whose case is pending for more than 90 days....not for people whos ecase has been approved or on hold
thank you
Don't be a jerk.
This is an open discussion and knowing the answer is clearly not a requirement for posting. It's also not a professional immigration service where you pop in and demand answers, your kind of answers, on the spot.

Go start work; you were entitled to ages ago. See USCIS Form I-9 + insrtuctions and get your card when you get it.
Old Jul 17th 2005, 3:44 pm

Should I have to wait for the message for the card being mailed out?
No.

did people get their EAD after seeing this message?
Yes.

Is it the general bullsh*t message they tell us
No.

can I do anything about expediting the card?
No.

Do you actually receive an approval notice on mail or the actual card itself?
The actual card.

These are exact answers to your questions. Sorry I wasn't specific enough before.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jul 17th 2005, 3:46 pm

Oops, I missed one...

Does that mean NBC haven't ordered the card yet?
No.

Rene
Old Jul 17th 2005, 3:48 pm

Once your EAD has been approved you cannot get an interim EAD since it already has been approved. Interim EAD is for those whose case is pending for more than 90 days....not for people whos ecase has been approved or on hold
thank you
Can you please point me to your source for this information? Thanks.

Rene
Old Jul 17th 2005, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
Don't be a jerk.
This is an open discussion and knowing the answer is clearly not a requirement for posting. It's also not a professional immigration service where you pop in and demand answers, your kind of answers, on the spot.
Obviously this is not a requirement for postng to know the answer.
That is why I mentioned the word "please".
But if I am asking about how many legs does a spider have and you answer that you know a cat has four legs won't help anybody.
Anyways sorry if I was bein a jerk and thanks for your kind words and your input.
Thanks to Noor for the answers.
Old Jul 17th 2005, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Can you please point me to your source for this information? Thanks.
Rene
The source of the information :
http://uark.edu/depts/inprinfo/iss/i...oyment/ead.htm
The exact phrase was:
"You will not be issued an interim EAD if your application has already been approved."
Its just a university website so don't know much about its validity. But checked out a couple of other forums and thats what I thought is the case. I might always be wrong
thank you

Last edited by djuice; Jul 17th 2005 at 4:46 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2005, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
Go start work; you were entitled to ages ago. See USCIS Form I-9 + insrtuctions and get your card when you get it.
But it states that I have to show evidence i.e my ead card within 3 days of starting my work. Did i miss something ? Please advice.
thank you
Old Jul 18th 2005, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

My case status for I-765 says
"This case has been approved. On July 8th, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. Bla bla bla..."
Others got card ordered/card mailed etc. I haven't. Does that mean NBC haven't ordered the card yet? ( from what the ins agent told me they order the card to be manufactured/build/constructed somewhere else and she wasn't sure if that was done )
Since then I have not received anything.
Questions?
1) Should I have to wait for the message for the card being mailed out?Or did people get their EAD after seeing this message?
2) In general it seems that it is taking 6 days for the card to arrive...Mine has passed 9 days and I called USCIS and they told me it might take 1 month for me to actually get the card....Is it the general bullsh*t message they tell us or can I do anything about expediting the card?
3) Do you actually receive an approval notice on mail or the actual card itself?

Mine is family based ( married to a US citizen) I-765 mailed to NBC.
Received Date may 2nd
Biometrics June 7th
Approval date July 8th
EAD card received ?????

Please comment. I was supposed to start work from Tuesday. Nothing in the mail so very concerned.
thank you

Yes He is being a JERK, Rene is so nice and tried to answer his question, but all he does was his BLAH BLAH. RENE, hon don't waste your time on this one.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 12:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by milan79
Yes He is being a JERK, Rene is so nice and tried to answer his question, but all he does was his BLAH BLAH. RENE, hon don't waste your time on this one.
Sorry if i had offended anyone.
All I wanted was some answers.
However I might have offended someone in the process.
I apologize if I had done so and thank you for all your answers regarding my inquiry.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 12:55 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

The source of the information: http://uark.edu/depts/inprinfo/iss/i...oyment/ead.htm The exact phrase was: "You will not be issued an interim EAD if your application has already been approved." Its just a university website so don't know much about its validity.
If you had looked farther down the page, you'd have noticed that it was last updated on November 6, 2003.

Ian
Old Jul 18th 2005, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: EAD approval question-please help

Sorry if i had offended anyone.
All I wanted was some answers.
However I might have offended someone in the process.
I apologize if I had done so and thank you for all your answers regarding my inquiry.

We are more than glad to help you here, and Rene is the best so lets be nice to her. No problem I understand your feelings about the EAD I am still waiting as well. Wishing you best luck! let us know when you recieve your card so we can post you congrats. letters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.