EAD appointment

Old Oct 16th 2003, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Hope is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EAD query

My EAD expires early Nov and I sent in an application in July, received a yellow receipt a week later and the appointment letter last week (Oct). It looks like the earliest apointment I can get is late Nov (in Long Island).

So I will not be able to work in the period between my EAD expiration date until I get my new one, yes? And, will I get the EAD on the date of my appointment or do I have to wait even longer?

This is very worrying, I have so much work to do! Hope you guys can help. Thanks.

Last edited by Hope; Nov 5th 2003 at 4:40 pm.
Old Nov 5th 2003, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Hope is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EAD renewed for < 1 year

I previously put a post out (above) but got no replies. Anyway, I went to the BCIS this week and got a new EAD based on the 90-day rule. However the new EAD is good only for 7 months, not a year. I was not expecting this. Is this a mistake, has anyone had a similar experience, should I approach the BCIS again, should I apply for a new EAD next year like before?
Old Nov 5th 2003, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EAD renewed for < 1 year

Originally posted by Hope
I previously put a post out (above) but got no replies. Anyway, I went to the BCIS this week and got a new EAD based on the 90-day rule. However the new EAD is good only for 7 months, not a year. I was not expecting this. Is this a mistake, has anyone had a similar experience, should I approach the BCIS again, should I apply for a new EAD next year like before?
I think that you can do this:
Make an appointment now for the EAD anyway. Even though you picked up the temporary (7 mos) EAD you can still be processed for the full one year EAD which will be mailed to you when it's ready. The below thread refers to a similar situation, except it was for original EAD.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ad+appointment

Last edited by mrsm; Nov 5th 2003 at 5:23 pm.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

CHILLING is an unknown quantity at this point

hi hpoe i am also going to the hy office to get an interim ead. it iwll be 923rd day. i am going on monday the 23rd but i aslo made an appoinment for the 26th november.did they ask u if u had an appoinment when u went for the interim one ?i am not sure if i should just cancell the appoinment and go for the 93rd day situaition. thanks in advance.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

CHILLING is an unknown quantity at this point

hi hope i am also going to federal plaza on sunday to wait on the ead. did u make a biometrics appointment before u went down there?. i made an appoinment for wenesday the 26th of november but the 90 day rule ended on the 21st so by right i can go there for it on monday to get the interim one but i will also go to the appoinment so that i can get the 1 year one. please give me some details about what they ask. i forgot to mention that this is a renewal also.thanks in advance.