Reload this Page >

EAD appointment 10 days B4 AOS interview

Wikiposts

EAD appointment 10 days B4 AOS interview

Old Mar 18th 2004, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

kenny803 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EAD appointment 10 days B4 AOS interview

Sorry i did not communicate well. He told me to bring my EAD card when i come to get my passport stamped. That way i can return it back.

When he said no more interviews he meant interview for the conditional PR.

He told me that after 21 months i will have to file 751( to remove conditions).

Originally posted by meauxna
Kenny,
If he approved the petition (when all evidence is in), why would he tell you to get an EAD *with* your I-551 stamp? The i-551 removes the need for an EAD.

If he told you about removing conditions, why will you 'need no more interviews'? There is potentially one with filing the I-751 to remove contitions.

I'm not trying to get you worried, but I am curious about what you were told.
Old Mar 18th 2004, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Very good news. I am very happy for you. No more travel restrictions.

By the way i got my approval in the mail today. I will go to Baltimore next week to get my passport stamped.

I agree Baltimore office is very efficient. Can't complain
QUOTE]Originally posted by curlylocks
Welll...... thanks for that.... that's really what I wanted to read the morning of my interview.....

HOWEVER, all DID go well and YAY - I'm approved... stamp and all. The interview was very smooth, the guy was very nice, and the whole thing took just over 40 mins. I think Baltimore is definately a great office to work with - we sent in our application just 5 months ago. I asked him why some take longer, and some people have problems, and he said it is all about the organization. If the BCIS ever has to ask you for something, all bets are off - that is, that it could add a SIGNIFICANT amount of time to the application. He used to work in LA, and said it was rediculous there - that if someone came to an interview and was missing something, it could add 1-3 yrs before you get approved!!!

He said out application and forms we brought with us were REALLY well organized - better than most lawyers he sees, and that really helped things move slowly.

I almost had a heart attack when I saw a big red piece of paper in my file which said my medical was absent - I sent it in with the rest of my paperwork - and was worried it has got lost in the move from Vermont. A bit of searching and he found it stuck to some other papers. PHEW. That would have been a pain cos they wouldn't have accepted my copy of the medical.

The only questions he asked were about our jobs, where we met, family (and had we met each others), and what the wedding was like. He looked happily through our wedding album and honeymoon album - and talked to us a lot about Hawaii (where we went) - since he had been there. He asked me all the questions regarding arrests etc.... and then for documents which have our names on. I gave him a full copy of all the things we brought, but he just looked at my husband's IRA account listing me as the beneficiary (even though it says non-spouse on the form) and was satisfied.
It was actually quite a pleasant experience. He spent the rest of the time filling out paperwork, answering common questions before we even asked about working and travelling, and gossiping about the UMD basketball game on in the afternoon (I am a UMD grad student!).
He said the card will take 6-8 months, but it seems most people get their's sooner from Vermont, so hopefully it'll be here soon!

Until then... YAY I can go home!!!!! (I never got an AP and haven't been home in 18 months).

Good luck to everyone still waiting... my advice... move to MD and file through Baltimore [/QUOTE]
Old Mar 19th 2004, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

eiloo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kenny803
Very good news. I am very happy for you. No more travel restrictions.

By the way i got my approval in the mail today. I will go to Baltimore next week to get my passport stamped.

I agree Baltimore office is very efficient. Can't complain
QUOTE]Originally posted by curlylocks
Welll...... thanks for that.... that's really what I wanted to read the morning of my interview.....

HOWEVER, all DID go well and YAY - I'm approved... stamp and all. The interview was very smooth, the guy was very nice, and the whole thing took just over 40 mins. I think Baltimore is definately a great office to work with - we sent in our application just 5 months ago. I asked him why some take longer, and some people have problems, and he said it is all about the organization. If the BCIS ever has to ask you for something, all bets are off - that is, that it could add a SIGNIFICANT amount of time to the application. He used to work in LA, and said it was rediculous there - that if someone came to an interview and was missing something, it could add 1-3 yrs before you get approved!!!

He said out application and forms we brought with us were REALLY well organized - better than most lawyers he sees, and that really helped things move slowly.

I almost had a heart attack when I saw a big red piece of paper in my file which said my medical was absent - I sent it in with the rest of my paperwork - and was worried it has got lost in the move from Vermont. A bit of searching and he found it stuck to some other papers. PHEW. That would have been a pain cos they wouldn't have accepted my copy of the medical.

The only questions he asked were about our jobs, where we met, family (and had we met each others), and what the wedding was like. He looked happily through our wedding album and honeymoon album - and talked to us a lot about Hawaii (where we went) - since he had been there. He asked me all the questions regarding arrests etc.... and then for documents which have our names on. I gave him a full copy of all the things we brought, but he just looked at my husband's IRA account listing me as the beneficiary (even though it says non-spouse on the form) and was satisfied.
It was actually quite a pleasant experience. He spent the rest of the time filling out paperwork, answering common questions before we even asked about working and travelling, and gossiping about the UMD basketball game on in the afternoon (I am a UMD grad student!).
He said the card will take 6-8 months, but it seems most people get their's sooner from Vermont, so hopefully it'll be here soon!

Until then... YAY I can go home!!!!! (I never got an AP and haven't been home in 18 months).

Good luck to everyone still waiting... my advice... move to MD and file through Baltimore
[/QUOTE]

Two more Marylanders successful!! Congrates to you both Curlylocks and Kenny803!!

Ian
Old Mar 21st 2004, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by eiloo
Thanks Ian

Kenny

Two more Marylanders successful!! Congrates to you both Curlylocks and Kenny803!!

Ian [/QUOTE]