EAD & AOS Update

Old Apr 15th 2003, 3:15 am
Jerry-44

Jerry-44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EAD & AOS Update

Update for EAD and AOS.
Sent EAD form to Chicago on April 2/2003
Received notice on April April 12/2003
Schedule appointment for fingerprints on April 17/2003 in Charlotte NC.
The The same time(April 2/2003) sent AOS forms to Texas BCIS Service(as per information from NCSC) did not received any notice yet.

I am on K-3 visa just enter my second month in USA. Still a long way to go but everyday getting closer to having a normal life.

Is anyone sent form I-751 before get approved a pernament status?
We will have our second aniversary in July and I don't know if I should sent I-751 form for conditional staus remove now or after AOS approved .If anyone have some information regards that matter I would appreciate your comments.
Thank you
Jerry-44
Old Apr 15th 2003, 3:21 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough
Default Re: EAD & AOS Update

Originally posted by Jerry-44
Update for EAD and AOS.
The The same time(April 2/2003) sent AOS forms to Texas BCIS Service(as per information from NCSC) did not received any notice yet.

I am on K-3 visa just enter my second month in USA. Still a long way to go but everyday getting closer to having a normal life.

We will have our second aniversary in July and I don't know if I should sent I-751 form for conditional staus remove now or after AOS approved .If anyone have some information regards that matter I would appreciate your comments.
Thank you
Jerry-44
Ok, I could be wrong but here's my impression on things.
The conditions on your permanent residency may be removed 2 years ( although you apply within the 90 days preceeding this) after your CPR is approved - not on your second wedding anniversary. The only time the second wedding anniversary comes into it is if your AOS is completed after you have already been married for 2 years - in which case your PR is not conditional.
Old Apr 15th 2003, 3:35 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lairdside
Ok, I could be wrong but here's my impression on things.
The conditions on your permanent residency may be removed 2 years ( although you apply within the 90 days preceeding this) after your CPR is approved - not on your second wedding anniversary. The only time the second wedding anniversary comes into it is if your AOS is completed after you have already been married for 2 years - in which case your PR is not conditional.

Jerry

You are not a US Permanent Resident yet nor a conditional one either.

Your question about removing conditions is moot as you can't remove conditions on a status you do not have.

Hope that your AOS interview is not until after your July, 2003 Second wedding anniversary and your status will then be IR and not CPR and there will never be any need to remove conditions.

Rete
Old Apr 15th 2003, 4:14 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Rete
Jerry

Your question about removing conditions is moot as you can't remove conditions on a status you do not have.

Hope that your AOS interview is not until after your July, 2003 Second wedding anniversary and your status will then be IR and not CPR and there will never be any need to remove conditions.

Rete

That was the inference, thankyou for stating it more clearly
Old Apr 15th 2003, 5:06 am
Jerry-44

Originally posted by Rete
Jerry

Rete
Rete,

Thank you very much for your information, I thought the same way, was talking to NCSC regarding this matter and NCSC suggested to submit that form , it doesn't make sense because I am just visitor on K-3 visa. Once again Thank you for all your help.
Jerry-44
Old Apr 15th 2003, 6:13 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jerry-44
Update for EAD and AOS.

Thank you

Jerry,
No answers to your questions, except to echo what you've been told by the other folks. But I do have a question for you? Did they give you the appt for fingerprinting or did you request it? What we are planning (thinking we'll get the K3, ) is for my husband to come over for our third anniversary in June for a week and activate the K3 then go back and tie up his loose ends within the next two months. It is VERY important that he become a worker bee ASAP so we thought of filing the K3 while he is here for the week. However, based on your timetable, (although our local office is Atlanta) he might get a fingerprint appointment fairly quickly. Thoughts?
Old Apr 15th 2003, 9:23 am
Jerry-44

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cindyabs
Update for EAD and AOS.

Thank you

Jerry,
No answers to your questions, except to echo what you've been told by the other folks. But I do have a question for you? Did they give you the appt for fingerprinting or did you request it? What we are planning (thinking we'll get the K3, ) is for my husband to come over for our third anniversary in June for a week and activate the K3 then go back and tie up his loose ends within the next two months. It is VERY important that he become a worker bee ASAP so we thought of filing the K3 while he is here for the week. However, based on your timetable, (although our local office is Atlanta) he might get a fingerprint appointment fairly quickly. Thoughts?
Hi Cindy,

Like I mention I sent I-765 to Chicago, on April 2/2003(I was told by NCSC to sent it to Chicago instead of to Charlotte. Than April 12/2003 received notice to call NCSC to schedule appointment for fingerprints and photograph and signature will be taken at an INS Appication Centre which is in Charlotte , NC.
For the appointment have to bring ; a pasport or national identification issed by my country
a driver's license
a military phot,or
a state issued photo identification card and a notice letter that they received my application. Also they asked to bring a copy of all recipt notices received from INS in relation to my current application for benefits.
To schedule appointment I called NCSC at 1-800-375-5283 , it took about 5 minutes to schedule appointment, they asked for ASC code and receipt number. That was fairly quickly, I am schedule for April 17/2003 at 8:00 AM in Charlotte.
if you have any more question please post or just send me an e-mail.
Jerry-44
Old Apr 17th 2003, 11:57 pm
Jerry-44

Update for EAD and AOS.

Thank you
Jerry-44
Update for EAD...
April 17 / 2003 went to Charlotte for fingerprints, photo and signature for my EAD. Had appointment at 8:00 AM. Everything went very smooth, in 30 minutes I was on my way home. Now will wait for approval and EAD card. All stuff in building 10 was very helpfull.
If anyone have to go to Charlotte, all Immigration are in the same place, different buildings, if you have have to stay overnight right beside is Best Wertern hotel, and just one block West is Holiday INN.
Jerry-44