Wikiposts

EAD/AOS Questions

Old May 19th 2004, 10:11 am
Just Joined

peter66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EAD/AOS Questions

Dear All,

I have applied on line for a renewal EAD. My current EAD expires in October 04 but I wanted to apply early due to the backlog. I have now received notice of my AOS interview in July 04. My questions are is it okay to apply early for a renewal EAD, or should I wait to see what happens with my AOS interview and does any one know what the waiting time for the issue of a green card following that interview

Thank you all for your help.
Old May 19th 2004, 3:51 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD/AOS Questions

Originally posted by peter66
Dear All,

I have applied on line for a renewal EAD. My current EAD expires in October 04 but I wanted to apply early due to the backlog. I have now received notice of my AOS interview in July 04. My questions are is it okay to apply early for a renewal EAD, or should I wait to see what happens with my AOS interview and does any one know what the waiting time for the issue of a green card following that interview.
Well, since you've already applied for the EAD renewal, it's sort of a moot point, isn't it? Can't unring a bell, as they say -- unless you want to try to cancel the renewal you've already submitted.

~ Jenney
Old May 19th 2004, 11:29 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EAD/AOS Questions

Originally posted by peter66
Dear All,

I have applied on line for a renewal EAD. My current EAD expires in October 04 but I wanted to apply early due to the backlog. I have now received notice of my AOS interview in July 04. My questions are is it okay to apply early for a renewal EAD, or should I wait to see what happens with my AOS interview and does any one know what the waiting time for the issue of a green card following that interview

Thank you all for your help.
If I were in your situation, I absolutely wouldn't cancel my already filed renewal. I read so many times that people are technically approved, but the fingerprint results haven't come back from the FBI, and therefore don't get their stamp that day. I don't want to put the frighteners up you, but that's a reality that might crop up.

Kate. xxxx