EAD

Old Aug 11th 2011, 12:44 am
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

ljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default EAD

Currently waiting on my application for EAD. We have received our NOA, and are waiting for biometrics appointment. I know realistically I won't be able to work for another three months.

My cousin also came to the US on a K1 visa and was given a stamp at POE authorising him to work. It just seems so unfair that something so important can be handed out so indescriminately.

Is there any way I can get that stamp while I am waiting on the EAD? Failing that is there any way to speed up the EAD process?

Thanks for any advice.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 12:56 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD

Originally Posted by ljaw2002uk
My cousin also came to the US on a K1 visa and was given a stamp at POE authorising him to work. It just seems so unfair that something so important can be handed out so indescriminately.
When did he enter the USA using his K-1 visa? How long ago? At one time, all POE's gave out the temp 90-day EAD stamp. Then they cut it down to just a few (JFK was one of them that still did it long after others stopped). I don't know if JFK still does give out that stamp....but in the working world, that stamp carries no weight with an employer anyway, because it's not listed on the I-9 employment verification form that an employer must fill out and submit to DHS. When the I-9 came into effect several years ago, POE's stopped giving out the stamp, since it didn't comply with the I-9 requirements anyway.

Is there any way I can get that stamp while I am waiting on the EAD?
You can't get THAT stamp, but you CAN apply for an EAD, for a fee (independent of your AOS package). However, the problem with that method, is that it still takes 90 days to get that EAD in hand, so you're still left unemployable until then. Since you applied for an EAD with your AOS package, that one will arrive before the EAD you apply for separately now.

Failing that is there any way to speed up the EAD process?
I think I read of one poster recently who went in person via Infopass appointment and got an expedited EAD, due to extreme financial hardship. But it was after he had his biometrics done, I am sure. They can't issue the EAD until your biometrics are done.

Rene
Old Aug 11th 2011, 1:08 am
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

ljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rene for your rapid response. I will revisit this once the biometrics is out of the way.

Edit: his POE was Charlotte, NC.

Last edited by ljaw2002uk; Aug 11th 2011 at 1:32 am.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 2:14 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

And when did he enter the USA? How long ago?

Rene
Old Aug 11th 2011, 2:19 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rene for your rapid response. I will revisit this once the biometrics is out of the way.

I got my EAD card 10 days after my biometrics - I thought that was great service
Old Aug 11th 2011, 2:20 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, haven't read about 'the EA stamp' stamp in ages. Like you, I also don't know if it's still used by CBP at JFK.

I also don't know when the I-9 came into existence, but I'm sure it was before POE's stopped using the stamp. It was only the latest revision to the I-9, an year or two ago (?), that the stamp became useless, because the latest policy is that a picture EAD is needed.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Noorah101
At one time, all POE's gave out the temp 90-day EAD stamp. Then they cut it down to just a few (JFK was one of them that still did it long after others stopped). I don't know if JFK still does give out that stamp....but in the working world, that stamp carries no weight with an employer anyway, because it's not listed on the I-9 employment verification form that an employer must fill out and submit to DHS. When the I-9 came into effect several years ago, POE's stopped giving out the stamp, since it didn't comply with the I-9 requirements anyway.

Rene
Old Aug 11th 2011, 3:03 am
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

Originally Posted by Noorah101
And when did he enter the USA? How long ago?

Rene
Less than 12 months ago, and he tells me that during secondary processing the officer looked something up in a book before giving him that stamp.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 3:04 am
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
I got my EAD card 10 days after my biometrics - I thought that was great service
Seriously??? Is this a common occurance? can anyone else share their timeline from biometrics to EAD card??
Old Aug 11th 2011, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously??? Is this a common occurance? can anyone else share their timeline from biometrics to EAD card??
Yep really! I did have to go and get my finger prints taken twice as they didnt come out well enough the first time. This isnt common tho. I got my Green Card about a week after the interview as well

All in all I filed on 12 April and received my card last week
Very quick I thought
Old Aug 11th 2011, 3:28 am
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
Yep really! I did have to go and get my finger prints taken twice as they didnt come out well enough the first time. This isnt common tho. I got my Green Card about a week after the interview as well

All in all I filed on 12 April and received my card last week
Very quick I thought
Thankyou for the glimmer of hope there. I am not sure how many more days of sittting at home I can take!
Old Aug 11th 2011, 12:22 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Is this a common occurance?
No... quite uncommon, in fact - and one of the reasons why knowing someone else's timeline is a useless exercise at best and suggests unrealistic expectations at worst.

Ian
Old Aug 11th 2011, 4:07 pm
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
No... quite uncommon, in fact - and one of the reasons why knowing someone else's timeline is a useless exercise at best and suggests unrealistic expectations at worst.

Ian
Killjoy!
Old Aug 11th 2011, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Killjoy!

Ian is right tho - everyone's time lines are different and the worse thing is comparing ones own case to others- it will happen when it happens. I was on tenderhooks (if thats the word) waiting for my AP as I needed to get back to the UK cos my mum isnt well. I certainly learned the meaning of patience tho

In the meantime tho keep the faith cos it WILL happen ---and if i were you I would make the most of not being able to work!!
Old Aug 21st 2011, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

cayden is an unknown quantity at this point

Currently waiting on my application for EAD. We have received our NOA, and are waiting for biometrics appointment. I know realistically I won't be able to work for another three months.

Is there any way I can get that stamp while I am waiting on the EAD? Failing that is there any way to speed up the EAD process?

Thanks for any advice.
Hi

I'm hoping to set the ball rolling for the K1 next month, with the hope of moving over at the start of June 2011. I'm going over with money to tide me over while I am out of employment but I too want to work as soon as possible.

In relation to the EAD, I was also wondering if JFK still issue the stamp. From feedback given on this post though, it seems it's a worthless exercise due to I-9, so I think I've to get it in to my head to just enjoy the 3 months or so off. I feel a road trip coming on

Anyway, there is something I did find that you may find useful. Once you apply for your AOS and EAD, if you have not received the EAD within 90 days of applying for it, then you are entitled to go down to your local USCIS after 90 days and they have to issue you with a temporary one on the day. I can't remember the site I found this on but I'll be revisiting to see if it's affected by I-9.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 8:53 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cayden
Anyway, there is something I did find that you may find useful. Once you apply for your AOS and EAD, if you have not received the EAD within 90 days of applying for it, then you are entitled to go down to your local USCIS after 90 days and they have to issue you with a temporary one on the day. I can't remember the site I found this on but I'll be revisiting to see if it's affected by I-9.
More useful: They don't issue the interim EADs at the District Office anymore (have not for several years), despite what the regulation says. One should not count on an interim EAD.

Here's what someone else noted recently: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...7&postcount=19

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.