Wikiposts

EAD

Old May 14th 2008, 7:28 am
from surrey to new lenox

noto77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EAD

Hi just want to know after i get married on a k1 visa i have to apply for AOS,EAD,AP what i want to know is can i work while they are processing my EAD

thanks
Old May 14th 2008, 7:53 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD

Originally Posted by noto77
Hi just want to know after i get married on a k1 visa i have to apply for AOS,EAD,AP what i want to know is can i work while they are processing my EAD

thanks
That is really still up for debate on here. One school of thought says no, unless you came through JFK and got the temp EAD stamp. One school of thought says yes, the K-1 is work authorized for the first 90 days even without an EAD to prove it.

So, I guess the choice is really yours. If you can find an employer to hire you, go ahead and work. Even if the work was unauthorized, USCIS will forgive it. But good luck finding an employer who will hire you without the documents required on the I-9 (employment eligibility form for new hires).

Rene