Wikiposts

Ead

Old May 23rd 2004, 9:15 am
Just Joined

scorpvixen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ead

I heard somewhere that you can receive an EAD when you arrive at certain airports. I'm just wondering because my fiance will probably be coming over to the states in a few months. can anyone help?
Old May 23rd 2004, 10:26 am
IRAN/USA

tuhmaruh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ead

Originally posted by scorpvixen
I heard somewhere that you can receive an EAD when you arrive at certain airports. I'm just wondering because my fiance will probably be coming over to the states in a few months. can anyone help?

From what I understand, JFK in New York is the only POE that will give the EAD now.

Good luck!
Old May 24th 2004, 3:33 am
Jim Schlegel

Yeah, my fiancee was given a TEMPORARY EAD when we arrived through JFK.
Just remember, it is only a 90 day EAD. It will take longer than those
90 days to get a replacement.....

On Sun, 23 May 2004 17:15:42 -0400, scorpvixen wrote:

> I heard somewhere that you can receive an EAD when you arrive at certain
    > airports. I'm just wondering because my fiance will probably be coming
    > over to the states in a few months. can anyone help?

Old May 24th 2004, 5:47 am
Dazed and Confused

KatherineH is an unknown quantity at this point

Jim-

How recently did your fiancee arrive? Our interviewer in London didn't think that was occuring anymore and I'm trying to help my fiance plan his trip over.

Thanks!
-Katherine

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jim Schlegel
Old May 24th 2004, 5:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KatherineH
Jim-

How recently did your fiancee arrive? Our interviewer in London didn't think that was occuring anymore and I'm trying to help my fiance plan his trip over.

Thanks!
-Katherine

Originally posted by Jim Schlegel
My fiance (now husband) arrived through JFK on April 16th and he received a 90 day temp EAD without even asking for it.
Old May 24th 2004, 7:08 am
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light

I think they have a list of POE airports who issue EAD's here http://www.k1poelist.com/

Hope it helps.
Old May 24th 2004, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

optimist is an unknown quantity at this point

I got my I94 form temporary employment authorized (valid for 90 days after the entry in USA) at the Houston airport on Jan 19th 2004 ..didn't help too much cos of the long waiting for the SSN and the rest of the papers..now i'm waiting for my one year EAD

gabriel
Old May 24th 2004, 7:51 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by KatherineH
Jim-

Thanks!
-Katherine
Hi Katherine,
Just thought I'd chime in and say my fiance also came through JFK on April 21st and received the 90-day EAD without asking for it. However, we are still waiting on his SSN and by the looks of Phoenix timelines, he won't be getting his 1-year EAD until around September/October, which means about 2 or 3 months w/o work authorization.

Best Wishes!
Rene
Old May 24th 2004, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

optimist is an unknown quantity at this point

hey, rene... i think your AOS/EAD/AP papers will be forwarded to MSC/NBC like almost all the local offices ...did u check yours? are they still process them locally?

gabriel