Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

E3 visa / Marrying an American

Wikiposts

E3 visa / Marrying an American

Old Nov 10th 2015, 10:34 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E3 visa / Marrying an American

There is also evidence and items that needs to go with the I-765. Not sure why you put "nothing additional" there.

Rene
Old Nov 10th 2015, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

ando88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Only one of these is required, not both.

There's more evidence required than what you have listed. Did you read the I-864 instructions?

Ian
I have read all the instructions, but couldn't see anything other than proof of income (so a tax form etc)

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I-864 needs at least 1 year of tax return copies or tax transcripts.

Rene
My spouse has only been working for 3 months, I have been working here 10 months. Still will she need to disclose the tax forms? They haven't been sent yet, though she could get a pay stub/statement?

Also, don't forget the fees for I-130 and I-485.

Rene
Noted. Tossing up between personal check and bank check, might go the bank check..

There is also evidence and items that needs to go with the I-765. Not sure why you put "nothing additional" there.

Rene
Again, you are correct. I-94 (had attached it) and 2 photographs
Old Nov 10th 2015, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

To be filed along with I-130;
- Passport of Sponsor (in this case my wife)
- Copy of marriage certificate
- Sponsors birth certificate
- Passport photos of my spouse and I, with names written on backend
- G-325A for both myself and Sponsor (Spouse)
- Bank statement to show financial connection

I-485;
- Birth Certificate
- Copy of passport and current VISA
- 2 passport sized photos
- Medical Exam form (I-693)

I-131;
- Copy of Passport

I-765
- Copy of I-94
- 2 passport sized photographs

I-864
- Proof of Citizenship
- Proof of income
- Tax forms from last 1 year
Old Nov 10th 2015, 11:37 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ando88
- Passport of Sponsor (in this case my wife)
- Sponsors birth certificate
Since you seem loathe to include additional evidence, then - as I mentioned earlier, you only need one of these... especially if she was born in the US.

Ian
Old Nov 10th 2015, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Okay great, it won't hurt to have additional evidence I thought - because she was actually born in Australia but has a US abroad certificate
Old Nov 17th 2015, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

I received my signed my Medical exam form (I-693) today. I also picked up a set of passport sized photographs.

For future information, I am also including a G-1145 form. From what i've heard this permits USCIS to send me regular updates to my phone/email.

I am beginning to piece all the informations together and paperclip each form separately with their required documents.
Old Nov 18th 2015, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

I think I may have already asked about the I-131 form. It's Part 2 (application Type) that catches me off guard. There are two options I believe I may be. I am making sure I get this part correct because the supplementary documentation is widely different for each category.

1.a. "I am a permanent resident or conditional resident of the USA, and I am applying for a re-entry permit"

or would I be....

1.d "I am applying for an advance parole document to allow me to return to the USA after temporary foreign travel".

1.a catches me off guard because I am not a resident yet. And any document that mentions "parole" is bound to catch me off guard as well. I am also going off the AOS Help Guide on this site that says the below

On form I-131, Fill out Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 - Processing Information, I left both: 1. Intended Departure and 2. Expected Length Of Trip blank. Make sure you fill out No.3 though! Then as it says, skip to Part 7. Advance Parole.

ALSO: Another thing (it doesn't get mentioned often). Should I be making out TWO checks ($420 for I-130 / $1070 for I-485) or am I able to attach just ONE check for the aggregation of both sums?

Last edited by ando88; Nov 18th 2015 at 5:52 am.
Old Nov 18th 2015, 5:55 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I think I may have already asked about the I-131 form.
If you click on your username, you can get a list of all your previous posts.

1.d "I am applying for an advance parole document to allow me to return to the USA after temporary foreign travel".
This - you're applying for advance parole.

Should I be making out TWO checks ($420 for I-130 / $1070 for I-485)...
In your situation, two checks would be better - because the applications may be separated, and you don't want either part failing because of a missing check.

Ian
Old Nov 18th 2015, 5:57 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You are applying for Advance Parole (not a re-entry permit).

I don't think it matters on the check, but I would probably do 2, since it's 2 applications.

Rene
Old Nov 18th 2015, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

If you click on your username, you can get a list of all your previous posts.

This - you're applying for advance parole.

In your situation, two checks would be better - because the applications may be separated, and you don't want either part failing because of a missing check.

Ian
Advanced parole. Thanks!
Old Nov 18th 2015, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

You are applying for Advance Parole (not a re-entry permit).

I don't think it matters on the check, but I would probably do 2, since it's 2 applications.

Rene
Thank you Noorah
Old Nov 19th 2015, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

May I ask how you both prepared the package. Did you attach the photographs to a particular page, did you use paperclips etc?

Did you use plastic slips for every form and their supporting documents or did you just put it all together and put it in a A3 paper letter? Also did you mail using UPS/USPS, or did you use a local drop box in your city?
Old Nov 19th 2015, 7:41 am
Account Closed

Did you use plastic slips for every form and their supporting documents or did you just put it all together and put it in a A3 paper letter? Also did you mail using UPS/USPS, or did you use a local drop box in your city?
If you want the honest truth, it doesn't make one whit of difference how you attach the photographs, or whether you use bags, or whether you staple things together or not. It makes no difference at all... because there is absolutely no requirement that things be attached in any particular way.

People worry way too much about the presentation - as if your visa will be denied because it wasn't pretty enough a package. Nonsense! Your visa will not be denied because of its appearance. USCIS also doesn't discriminate based on whether or not you use a brown or white envelope! None of that stuff matters.

Also did you mail using UPS/USPS, or did you use a local drop box in your city?
It doesn't matter what other people did. Just get it sent off. One way is just as good as any other.

If I may, do you agonize this much over other things you do in your day-to-day life? None of this is tricky! Don't make it into something it isn't.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Nov 19th 2015 at 7:44 am.
Old Nov 19th 2015, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Hot tip. I absolutely side with you on this however I've read and re-read tonnes of peoples experiences with AOS. I found one website where the lady even divided each document by colour coded slips. She had amassed so much additional evidence she sent a box that looked quite weighty and more in line with "My Lifes Journey"

Thanks for reminding me that there is no golden stars for presentation. Honestly I wouldn't have the time to do it if it did matter. But I have now with me all the completed forms, and additional evidence. Time to get it going

One last Question - this is probably it from me (Thanks Ian and Noorah!). Did you Send the original OR copies of the forms. I've been told to copy everything so have done so today at work. Just incase they request these forms at a latter date.
Old Nov 19th 2015, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

The requirement now is copies, originals will be required at a later date

As for presentation, they tear it all apart and make their own file out of the paperwork

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.