Reload this Page >

E3 visa / Marrying an American

Wikiposts

E3 visa / Marrying an American

Old Aug 13th 2015, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

ando88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E3 visa / Marrying an American

What approximately happens after sending in my package of forms?

What illustrates me as a permanent resident (when/if this is successful?)

How do i Pay the filing fees? Can I send the package in and may them afterwards - I dare say they won't process until their is a receipt of payment
Old Aug 13th 2015, 7:34 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ando88
What approximately happens after sending in my package of forms?
After you send in the package, the fees are taken, and then the forms are processed. The I-131 and I-765 are processed separately from the I-130 and I-485, so you'll likely get an EAD and AP prior to getting a green card.

Once the I-130 is approved, the I-485 will be processed. There is almost no time lag between those two events.

What illustrates me as a permanent resident (when/if this is successful?)
Once the I-485 is approved (which happens at or after you have an interview with US immigration), you will receive a green card. The card is proof of your status as a US permanent resident.

How do i Pay the filing fees?
Check.

Can I send the package in and may them afterwards - I dare say they won't process until their is a receipt of payment
No. The fees must accompany the packages.

Ian
Old Aug 13th 2015, 7:37 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

After sending in the AOS forms, you'll go to a biometrics appointment. Then you'll receive your EAD and AP. Then you'll go to your AOS in person interview. When that is approved, then you become a US Permanent Resident, and the green card comes in the mail a few weeks later.

You must send in the AOS payment with the package.

Rene
Old Aug 17th 2015, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

Okay great, thanks Ian and Noorah.

Where are the interviews? Can they be hosted anywhere in the country? I am nearing the time of submitting my package
Old Aug 17th 2015, 6:17 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The interview will be held at your local USCIS office. If you don't know where yours is, you can go to Homepage | USCIS and do a search by zip code.

It's not a good idea to move once you've started the AOS process, in case that's why you were asking.

Rene
Old Sep 8th 2015, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

I am a little nervous about the filling out of forms - making an accident or wrongly filling in a category. If this happens, do I need to pay another fee?
Old Sep 8th 2015, 6:24 am

Most likely not. If something is missing from the AOS package, USCIS will send you a Request for Further Evidence (RFE), no fee involved.

If you yourself notice you made a mistake, it can be corrected in person at the AOS interview. No fee.

Rene
Old Nov 5th 2015, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

I am going through one of the final document checks - The travel document form seems to be in the wrong tense - It's already assuming I have pre-booked travels, and have been a permanent resident for some time. Is this correct? should I still fill it out?
Old Nov 5th 2015, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

And medical examination, I cannot find any information on it, and the simultaneous addition to my AOS application.
Old Nov 5th 2015, 10:48 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

The travel document form...
If you mean the I-131, please say so. It's important to be specific.

It's already assuming I have pre-booked travels...
The same form is used for several different purposes (Part 2, section 1a-1f). The form assumes you have a reason to travel and, therefore, need to file. You aren't required to enter specific travel dates... make up something.

... and have been a permanent resident for some time.
The same form is used for several different purposes... one of which comes into play when you're a PR.

... should I still fill it out?
Yes! It protects you from having your adjustment of status deemed abandoned if you leave the US while your AOS is in progress.

And medical examination...
Research I-693.

I cannot find any information on it, and the simultaneous addition to my AOS application.
Have you ever looked at our AOS wiki?

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Nov 5th 2015 at 10:52 am.
Old Nov 6th 2015, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that information. Could you please direct me to the AOS wiki?
Old Nov 6th 2015, 7:24 am

The blue bar at the top of the page, right under where it says BritishExpats . com, 4th item from the left says Wiki.

Rene
Old Nov 9th 2015, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The blue bar at the top of the page, right under where it says BritishExpats . com, 4th item from the left says Wiki.

Rene
Are you referring to the page for AOS from K-1 Fiance or K-3 Spouse Visa?
I've looked at the wiki page but many forms differ. However it has reminded me that there is more to send in that just the I-485, I-864, I-131, I-130 and I-765
Old Nov 9th 2015, 4:09 am
Account Closed

Are you referring to the page for AOS from K-1 Fiance or K-3 Spouse Visa?
Yes.

I-693 is the medical form that I need to take with me to a Dr, to have filled out correct?
The doctor will have a copy of it. Be sure to use only a USCIS-approved doctor. There is a list somewhere.

Ian
Old Nov 9th 2015, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

The I-797, I have never been issued this form. I have my I-94 admission, but no I-797. Therefore do I need to fill in an application to receive this. can I find my Alien registration number on my E-3 Visa (the red number?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.