Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

E-mail address of US Embassy in London?

Wikiposts

E-mail address of US Embassy in London?

Old May 1st 2008, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

gardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nice
Question E-mail address of US Embassy in London?

My fiancee was given this e-mail address for questions regarding her K1:

[email protected]

It is apparently not correct, as her e-mails are returned. Do any of you know the corrrect address?

Also, she is being charged $60 a call (!!!) from her mobile phone when calling the embassy. She said it is the same cost using public pay phones. There must be a cheaper way to call the embassy. Any ideas? I got this from the website: http://london.usembassy.gov/ukaddres.html:

"Operator Assisted Visa Information: 09042-450100 (This is NOT a London number. It does not require any other prefix or dialling code.) Monday through Friday, 8.00 a.m. until 8.00 p.m., and on Saturdays from 10.00 a.m. until 4.00 p.m.; £1.20/min; only available in the U.K., within U.K. may be unavailable from some business telephones and mobile networks."

Is this the right phone number to call? She hasn't tried this one yet, fearing she'll be charged another $60 per call.

thanks,
Old May 1st 2008, 5:37 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-mail address of US Embassy in London?

Originally Posted by gardener

[email protected]

It is apparently not correct, as her e-mails are returned. Do any of you know the corrrect address?
I believe that is the correct address. Others have reported receiving a "returned" note from emails sent, but a few days later they receive a real reply in answer to their questions. So evidently that email does work, just in a strange way.

Rene
Old May 1st 2008, 5:41 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

[email protected]

Also, she is being charged $60 a call (!!!) from her mobile phone when calling the embassy. She said it is the same cost using public pay phones. There must be a cheaper way to call the embassy. Any ideas? I got this from the website: http://london.usembassy.gov/ukaddres.html:

"Operator Assisted Visa Information: 09042-450100 (This is NOT a London number. It does not require any other prefix or dialling code.) Monday through Friday, 8.00 a.m. until 8.00 p.m., and on Saturdays from 10.00 a.m. until 4.00 p.m.; £1.20/min; only available in the U.K., within U.K. may be unavailable from some business telephones and mobile networks."

Is this the right phone number to call? She hasn't tried this one yet, fearing she'll be charged another $60 per call.

thanks,
That's the right email, and the emails are usually replied to with a message that says 'your message was deleted unread' or similar. Although, they do sometimes respond to them even after sending out that message.

The phone calls.. what can I say? It says right there what it is and how much it costs. People regularly report being unhappy with the results because you're not reaching visa officers in the Embassy, but a call center in Scotland.
There is no public way to call the visa unit at the Embassy. Are you sure that is not the number she already called?

What's her question?
Old May 1st 2008, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

gardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nice
Unhappy Re: E-mail address of US Embassy in London?

Rene and meauxna,

Thanks for the responses.

Since sending that e-mail, she reported that she got a response that says in part: "Your message has been received by the Consular Information Unit. We are currently averaging three to four days to answer email correspondence." So, like you said, they sometimes do send an error message initially, but then follow up with one that acknowledges receipt.

Her question involved why it was taking so long to receive her interview date. She sent her packet in five weeks ago, and based on her reading the forums, her interview letter would be expected to be received within a month. As it turns out, after those EXPENSIVE calls, she had not submitted certain forms that, apparently, were not in the packet, so she did not know that she had submitted incomplete information. Funny how the Embassy did not inform her that she lacked certain info, and that all that time was wasted waiting for their letter. You'd think she would have been contacted sooner, once the Embassy disovered that some forms were missing.

thanks,
Old May 1st 2008, 6:21 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

hah, or that they would have put the correct info in the packet in the first place?

If either of you can contribute to this thread, it might help future forum users (thanks!).

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...php?p=6294433#
Old May 1st 2008, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

I'll ask her to post her frustrating story. Right now, she is in quite a funk, and may need time to settle down.
Old May 10th 2008, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

antrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really niceantrichard is just really nice

This is the response i got

Your e-mail was deleted without being read.

This e-mail address is solely for individuals who have been authorized
to contact the Consular Information Unit about a specific matter. This
address is not for general inquiries from the public, attorneys or
agents of record. Please understand our workload does not allow us to
read unauthorized inquiries, but the Embassy has set up several
mechanisms to provide general and personalized guidance.

Highly detailed visa information is available from the Embassy's
website
Old May 11th 2008, 2:49 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by antrichard

website
Yep, that's very typical. People have reported getting that response, and then a real answer to their email a few days later.

Rene
Old May 17th 2008, 3:52 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by antrichard

website
Hi my fiancee got the same response a few weeks ago. He has sent a few emails and they all get the same deleted response and they all were answered in about 4 days.
Old May 17th 2008, 3:57 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

[email protected]

thanks,
That's the right number. There is also a number to call from the US. You need a credit card and they charge you a $16 flat fee. I used it but don't seem to know where I placed it.When you call you are reaching a call center in Scotland not the embassy no matter where you call from. I know how frustrting this can be! Look at all my posts! There are alot of people on here who have been a great help to me.